IRC log of i18n on 2013-08-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:44:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:44:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-irc
14:44:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
14:44:36 [aphillip]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:44:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:44:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 4186
14:44:40 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
14:44:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:44:41 [trackbot]
Date: 29 August 2013
14:45:13 [aphillip]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Aug/0016.html
14:45:17 [aphillip]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:45:21 [aphillip]
Scribe: Addison Phillips
14:45:26 [aphillip]
ScribeNick: aphillip
14:45:30 [aphillip]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:45:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
14:45:49 [aphillip]
agenda+ RADAR
14:45:54 [aphillip]
agenda+ WebIDL and Date
14:46:04 [aphillip]
agenda+ CharMod and PRECIS
14:46:14 [aphillip]
agenda+ Ruby in DITA
14:46:34 [aphillip]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:46:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
14:54:30 [David]
David has joined #i18n
14:55:48 [matial]
matial has joined #i18n
14:58:41 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM has now started
14:58:48 [Zakim]
+aphillip
14:59:47 [Zakim]
+??P5
14:59:58 [matial]
zakim, ??p5 is me
14:59:58 [Zakim]
+matial; got it
15:01:34 [passepartout]
zakim, dial richard
15:01:34 [Zakim]
ok, passepartout; the call is being made
15:01:36 [Zakim]
+Richard
15:01:37 [aphillip]
zakim, mute matial
15:01:37 [Zakim]
matial should now be muted
15:02:37 [passepartout]
zakim, whos here?
15:02:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, passepartout.
15:02:42 [passepartout]
zakim, who's here?
15:02:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see aphillip, matial (muted), Richard
15:02:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see matial, David, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, passepartout, trackbot
15:03:06 [JcK]
JcK has joined #i18n
15:03:50 [Norbert]
Norbert has joined #i18n
15:04:12 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #i18n
15:04:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.245.aaaa
15:04:21 [Zakim]
+Norbert
15:04:35 [aphillip]
zakim, +1.617.245.aaaa is JcK
15:04:35 [Zakim]
+JcK; got it
15:04:40 [aphillip]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see aphillip, matial (muted), Richard, JcK, Norbert
15:04:41 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fsasaki, Norbert, JcK, matial, David, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, passepartout, trackbot
15:05:06 [aphillip]
Topic: Agenda
15:05:08 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:05:14 [Zakim]
+??P7
15:06:04 [aphillip]
Topic: Action Items
15:06:45 [passepartout]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open
15:07:28 [aphillip]
close ACTION-241
15:07:28 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-241.
15:07:56 [aphillip]
close ACTION-243
15:07:56 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-243.
15:08:11 [aphillip]
action ACTION-244
15:08:29 [aphillip]
close ACTION-246
15:08:29 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-246.
15:08:58 [aphillip]
close ACTION-249
15:08:58 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-249.
15:09:04 [aphillip]
Topic: Info Share
15:09:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:09:41 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:09:44 [DavidClarke]
DavidClarke has joined #i18n
15:09:49 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:09:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "RADAR" taken up [from aphillip]
15:10:02 [aphillip]
http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar
15:10:42 [Zakim]
+ +44.141.888.aabb
15:10:55 [DavidClarke]
zakim, +44 is me
15:10:55 [Zakim]
+DavidClarke; got it
15:11:55 [aphillip]
JcK: URNbis extended, no i18n issues so far
15:12:59 [aphillip]
felix: ITS 2.0
15:13:01 [fsasaki]
http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling
15:13:15 [aphillip]
felix: above link brings you to existing comments
15:13:19 [aphillip]
... one from RDF
15:13:29 [aphillip]
... complaints about URI scheme for RDF conversion
15:13:44 [aphillip]
... using hash URIs
15:13:50 [aphillip]
... want us to change that
15:14:05 [aphillip]
felix: nothing related to I18N so far
15:14:09 [aphillip]
... close is 10 October
15:15:15 [aphillip]
ACTION: addison: request one day extension from PRECIS
15:15:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-250 - Request one day extension from precis [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-09-05].
15:16:06 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:17:24 [fsasaki]
s/hash/undefined (in terms of mime type) hash/
15:17:27 [aphillip]
cascading ended on 26th
15:17:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-minutes.html fsasaki
15:18:03 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 2
15:18:03 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "WebIDL and Date" taken up [from aphillip]
15:18:20 [aphillip]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Aug/0014.html
15:18:31 [aphillip]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=22824
15:23:20 [aphillip]
(discussion)
15:27:11 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:27:22 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agenduma 4
15:27:22 [Zakim]
'a\ 4' does not match any agenda item, aphillip
15:27:31 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 4
15:27:31 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Ruby in DITA" taken up [from aphillip]
15:27:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:27:57 [aphillip]
felix: was contacted a while ago
15:28:03 [aphillip]
... how to represent ruby in DITA
15:28:14 [aphillip]
... some discussion
15:28:29 [aphillip]
... "people should wait until html5 is settled"
15:28:36 [aphillip]
... sent some pointers, etc.
15:28:41 [aphillip]
... they seemed okay
15:28:51 [aphillip]
... but not contacted again and eager to move forward
15:29:00 [aphillip]
... want to know what's holding up html5
15:29:13 [aphillip]
... I discussed details
15:29:23 [aphillip]
... e.g. different types of ruby in japanese
15:29:35 [aphillip]
felix: question of any way to help move it forward
15:29:53 [aphillip]
... other thing was that they don't need 100% identical markup
15:30:00 [aphillip]
... as long as can be transformed
15:30:09 [aphillip]
... normal scenario of DITA is that you don't consume directly
15:30:32 [aphillip]
felix: no reply yet, but don't think we should encourage other forms of ruby markup?
15:30:43 [passepartout]
q+
15:30:56 [aphillip]
felix: so: how can help? and what to define now?
15:31:04 [aphillip]
ack passepartout
15:31:13 [aphillip]
richard: if wants to help
15:31:27 [aphillip]
.. write to html list and ask "what the @#$ is going on with ruby?"
15:31:35 [aphillip]
... want to implement and need progress
15:31:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:31:55 [aphillip]
felix: some concern about doing in public
15:32:41 [aphillip]
richard: can just say "dita needs ruby markup, waiting for you...", doesn't need to discuss specifics
15:33:17 [aphillip]
addison: think we know what html is going to do?
15:33:34 [aphillip]
richard: haven't heard from robin or the implementer guy of late
15:35:04 [aphillip]
... encourage ebook folks to write too
15:35:27 [aphillip]
ACTION: addison: contact the epub folks and see if they will write to html asking about ruby
15:35:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-251 - Contact the epub folks and see if they will write to html asking about ruby [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-09-05].
15:36:52 [aphillip]
ACTION: felix: ping dita folks about contacting html5 about ruby progress
15:36:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-252 - Ping dita folks about contacting html5 about ruby progress [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-09-05].
15:37:19 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:37:35 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:37:35 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "CharMod and PRECIS" taken up [from aphillip]
15:38:18 [aphillip]
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-precis-framework-09
15:52:46 [aphillip]
ACTION: addison: remind all the make PRECIS review comments for next week's teleconferece
15:52:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-253 - Remind all the make precis review comments for next week's teleconferece [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-09-05].
15:54:42 [aphillip]
ACTION: addison: write to PRECIS pointing out differences in approach vs. charmod, desire to align string matching, concerns about e.g. normalization
15:54:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-254 - Write to precis pointing out differences in approach vs. charmod, desire to align string matching, concerns about e.g. normalization [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-09-05].
15:55:21 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:55:31 [aphillip]
Topic: AOB?
15:55:50 [aphillip]
richard: it's "geek week" here
15:56:00 [aphillip]
... considering how to make it easier to get at resources
15:56:15 [aphillip]
... started making list of links for w3c cheat sheet
15:56:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:56:31 [aphillip]
richard: also looking at web platform docs
15:56:36 [passepartout]
http://www.w3.org/2009/cheatsheet/
15:56:55 [aphillip]
richard: cheatsheet is really nice
15:57:05 [aphillip]
... so you can link from that document
15:57:36 [passepartout]
http://www.w3.org/International/resource-index
15:57:49 [aphillip]
richard: anyone ever used that
16:00:08 [Zakim]
-fsasaki
16:00:43 [matial]
I have to leave, bye.
16:00:55 [Zakim]
-matial
16:06:40 [passepartout]
http://www.w3.org/International/
16:08:22 [Zakim]
-aphillip
16:08:24 [Zakim]
-DavidClarke
16:08:25 [Zakim]
-Norbert
16:08:32 [Zakim]
-JcK
16:08:49 [JcK]
JcK has left #i18n
16:09:29 [aphillip]
addison: created .prep-precis and precis products in tracker
16:13:56 [aphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:13:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
16:14:03 [aphillip]
zakim, who is here?
16:14:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Richard
16:14:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DavidClarke, fsasaki, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, passepartout, trackbot
16:14:21 [Zakim]
I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM has ended
16:14:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were aphillip, matial, Richard, Norbert, JcK, fsasaki, +44.141.888.aabb, DavidClarke
16:14:26 [aphillip]
zakim, bye
16:14:26 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
16:14:31 [aphillip]
rrsagent, bye
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-actions.rdf :
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: request one day extension from PRECIS [1]
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-irc#T15-15-15
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: contact the epub folks and see if they will write to html asking about ruby [2]
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-irc#T15-35-27
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: felix: ping dita folks about contacting html5 about ruby progress [3]
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-irc#T15-36-52
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: remind all the make PRECIS review comments for next week's teleconferece [4]
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-irc#T15-52-46
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: write to PRECIS pointing out differences in approach vs. charmod, desire to align string matching, concerns about e.g. normalization [5]
16:14:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/29-i18n-irc#T15-54-42