IRC log of eval on 2013-07-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:43:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #eval
13:43:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to
13:43:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:43:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #eval
13:43:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3825
13:43:30 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)10:00AM scheduled to start in 17 minutes
13:43:31 [trackbot]
Meeting: WCAG 2.0 Evaluation Methodology Task Force Teleconference
13:43:31 [trackbot]
Date: 04 July 2013
13:51:34 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
13:52:52 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
13:53:52 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
13:54:22 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:54:22 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)10:00AM has not yet started, shadi
13:54:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see shadi, Zakim, RRSAgent, MartijnHoutepen, trackbot
13:54:52 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
13:55:41 [ericvelleman]
ericvelleman has joined #eval
13:58:22 [ericvelleman]
Zakim, what is the date today?
13:58:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, ericvelleman.
13:58:45 [ericvelleman]
13:59:06 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)10:00AM has now started
13:59:14 [Zakim]
13:59:52 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
14:00:01 [Zakim]
14:00:14 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
14:00:14 [Zakim]
+MartijnHoutepen; got it
14:00:36 [Zakim]
14:00:48 [ericvelleman]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
14:00:48 [Zakim]
+ericvelleman; got it
14:00:52 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
14:00:53 [Detlev]
Detlev has joined #eval
14:01:52 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
14:02:42 [Detlev]
I put in the pass code quoted in the agenda 3825 but I get a msg that it is invalid...
14:02:52 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
14:03:02 [Detlev]
has the pass code changed?
14:03:10 [Vivienne]
Vivienne has joined #eval
14:03:27 [MartijnHoutepen]
no, it worked for me
14:03:43 [Detlev]
ok, I#ll dial in again...
14:03:59 [MartijnHoutepen]
we can ask zakim
14:03:59 [Zakim]
14:04:02 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, what is the passcode?
14:04:02 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3825 (tel:+1.617.761.6200, MartijnHoutepen
14:04:06 [Vivienne]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:04:06 [Zakim]
+Vivienne; got it
14:04:41 [Detlev]
still get thzeis pass code is not valid
14:05:04 [Zakim]
+ +49.404.318.aaaa
14:06:15 [MartijnHoutepen]
scribeNick: MartijnHoutepen
14:07:08 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: Still working on new editor draft and updated disposition of comments
14:07:24 [MartijnHoutepen]
chair: Eric
14:07:34 [MartijnHoutepen]
Zakim, aaaa is Detlev
14:07:34 [Zakim]
+Detlev; got it
14:08:06 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: tried to answer comments we already discussed
14:08:11 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
14:08:13 [Vivienne]
14:08:19 [Vivienne]
14:09:19 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: maybe we can split up the work, searching for things we already discussed
14:09:57 [MartijnHoutepen]
VC: will you add the comments received from Giorgio Brajnik
14:10:23 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: yes, new version is done and will be up shortly
14:11:02 [Vivienne]
14:11:14 [MartijnHoutepen]
ack Viv
14:11:28 [shadi]
14:12:07 [MartijnHoutepen]
VC: where are we with the 3 questionaires?
14:12:19 [MartijnHoutepen]
VC: Will anybody go to TPAC?
14:13:04 [MartijnHoutepen]
SAZ: most participants are from EU/US, assumed not a quorum because it is in China
14:14:11 [MartijnHoutepen]
I will not be at TPAC
14:16:16 [MartijnHoutepen]
SAZ: this time no questionnaire on TPAC, because past experiences learn us people probably will not travel that far
14:18:19 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: worked some feedback from questionnaires into new ED, other feedback is not yet processed
14:18:37 [shadi_]
shadi_ has joined #eval
14:19:00 [Vivienne]
14:19:31 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: still waiting for results from website 3, proposal to postpone filling q3, use this site for a different testing track
14:19:43 [shadi]
shadi has joined #eval
14:19:44 [MartijnHoutepen]
q- sh
14:19:58 [Detlev]
Zakim, mute me
14:19:58 [Zakim]
Detlev should now be muted
14:20:40 [MartijnHoutepen]
ack viv
14:21:22 [MartijnHoutepen]
VC: I send around a sample to the list
14:22:11 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: do you agree to postpone using website three for now, and use it later?
14:22:19 [MartijnHoutepen]
VC: agrees
14:22:23 [Detlev]
Fine with me
14:22:27 [MartijnHoutepen]
14:22:34 [Vivienne]
The sample was sent by email previously Martijn
14:23:28 [MartijnHoutepen]
VC: see
14:23:31 [Detlev]
14:23:59 [Vivienne]
14:24:23 [Detlev]
ack me
14:24:27 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: need to discus use case and ramdom sample size
14:25:40 [MartijnHoutepen]
DF: the change from goals oriented to use cases is high impact, we need to go through the entire document and ask the group for permission
14:27:43 [MartijnHoutepen]
SAZ: seems a conceptuel change, we need to get the terms everybody is using clear
14:29:21 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: maybe put in wbs (survey)
14:30:28 [Detlev]
Zakim, mute me
14:30:28 [Zakim]
Detlev should now be muted
14:30:43 [MartijnHoutepen]
SAZ: we should end up with 3 or 4 typical types of evaluation
14:31:14 [MartijnHoutepen]
SAZ: types could be separated based on an evaluators point of view
14:31:43 [Detlev]
ack me
14:31:47 [Detlev]
14:32:08 [MartijnHoutepen]
SAZ: focus on the evaluating procedure
14:33:40 [shadi_]
q+ to talk about "regression testing" vs "re-testing"
14:34:14 [MartijnHoutepen]
VC: use case: test, remediation, re-test (for example in accreditation scheme)
14:34:25 [MartijnHoutepen]
VC: use case: test the testers
14:37:59 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: i will put this in the survey
14:38:50 [MartijnHoutepen]
DF: testing edge cases (most complex pages) is a common use case for us
14:39:16 [shadi_]
14:39:52 [MartijnHoutepen]
q- viv
14:39:57 [MartijnHoutepen]
q- det
14:40:35 [MartijnHoutepen]
DF: if the aim is fixing complex situations, the aim is not the same as in conformance evaluation
14:41:08 [ericvelleman]
14:42:45 [Vivienne]
14:43:02 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: postpone random sample size discussion to when we're with more people
14:43:34 [Detlev]
Zakim, mute me
14:43:34 [Zakim]
Detlev should now be muted
14:45:11 [ericvelleman]
14:45:28 [MartijnHoutepen]
VC: what is the status on the 'random discussion'
14:45:50 [MartijnHoutepen]
SAZ: sent an e-mail:
14:46:18 [Vivienne]
14:47:21 [Detlev]
14:48:08 [MartijnHoutepen]
q- viv
14:48:35 [Detlev]
ack me
14:48:48 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: in the new DoC there are suggestions on sampling
14:51:20 [MartijnHoutepen]
DF: random sampling is useful, we need to include it
14:52:04 [MartijnHoutepen]
EV: we have to keep it, the question is on how to sample, how much pages, etc
14:52:25 [Detlev]
Zakim, mute me
14:52:25 [Zakim]
Detlev should now be muted
14:53:19 [Detlev]
14:53:39 [MartijnHoutepen] :-)
14:54:09 [Detlev]
good one :-)))
14:54:38 [Detlev]
14:54:45 [Detlev]
ack me
14:55:47 [MartijnHoutepen]
SAZ: we need to supply the algorithm to choose randomly
14:56:31 [MartijnHoutepen]
DF: is there a holiday schedule?
14:57:16 [MartijnHoutepen]
SAZ: hope we can break if we have a next publication
14:58:08 [Vivienne]
14:58:11 [Zakim]
14:58:13 [ericvelleman]
ericvelleman has left #eval
14:58:20 [Zakim]
14:58:25 [Zakim]
14:58:27 [Zakim]
14:58:33 [Zakim]
14:58:34 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)10:00AM has ended
14:58:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, MartijnHoutepen, ericvelleman, Vivienne, +49.404.318.aaaa, Detlev
14:59:10 [shadi_]
trackbot, end meeting
14:59:10 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:59:10 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:59:13 [MartijnHoutepen]
MartijnHoutepen has left #eval
14:59:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:59:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate trackbot
14:59:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:59:19 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items