IRC log of forms on 2013-05-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:58:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #forms
14:58:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-forms-irc
14:58:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:58:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #forms
14:58:05 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_XForms
14:58:05 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_XForms()11:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
14:58:06 [trackbot]
Meeting: Forms Working Group Teleconference
14:58:06 [trackbot]
Date: 08 May 2013
14:58:07 [Steven]
Chair: Steven
14:59:15 [Steven]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2013May/0008
14:59:25 [Steven]
Steven has changed the topic to: Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2013May/0008
15:00:54 [Zakim]
IA_XForms()11:00AM has now started
15:01:02 [Zakim]
+pfennell
15:01:33 [alain1]
alain1 has joined #forms
15:02:01 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:02:21 [alain1]
Zakim, I am [IPcaller]
15:02:21 [Zakim]
ok, alain1, I now associate you with [IPcaller]
15:03:05 [Zakim]
+??P13
15:03:10 [Steven]
zakim, I am ?
15:03:10 [Zakim]
+Steven; got it
15:03:30 [Zakim]
+ebruchez
15:06:34 [nvdbleek]
nvdbleek has joined #forms
15:06:51 [nvdbleek]
zakim, code?
15:06:51 [Zakim]
the conference code is 93676 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), nvdbleek
15:07:25 [Zakim]
+nvdbleek
15:07:54 [nvdbleek]
scribe:Nick
15:08:14 [pfennell]
pfennell has joined #forms
15:08:17 [Steven]
scribenick: nvdbleek
15:08:19 [nvdbleek]
Topic: Call next week
15:08:20 [Steven]
Topic: Call next week
15:08:20 [Steven]
http://www2013.org/
15:09:03 [nvdbleek]
Steven: Can't attend next call
15:09:10 [nvdbleek]
nvdbleek: depends on todays call
15:09:12 [Steven]
Topic: Comments on XForms 2.0 Working Draft 7 August 2012
15:09:12 [Steven]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2013Apr/0000.html
15:09:50 [Steven]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2013May/0001.html
15:10:15 [nvdbleek]
Steven: He wants better support for SOAP
15:10:37 [nvdbleek]
Steven: He wants to remove requirements for GET and POST
15:10:51 [nvdbleek]
Steven: Do we need to do anything more then removing it?
15:11:19 [nvdbleek]
nvdbleek: Why was the limitation there in the first place
15:11:26 [nvdbleek]
Steven: I can't recall
15:12:09 [nvdbleek]
Steven: I'm happy not to put in any requirements on the method from the XForms side
15:12:30 [nvdbleek]
Steven: My proposal is to remove the requirements
15:12:46 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: Maybe John can comment on this
15:12:58 [nvdbleek]
Steven: I'll e-mail him and ask
15:13:20 [nvdbleek]
Steven: The second bit I feel much comfortable about
15:13:58 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: You can't construct multipart-post yourself in XForms now
15:14:13 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: he wants more control
15:15:44 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: multipart-post contains multiple parts, if we have an upload bound to a node, we create an extra part containing the content of the URI
15:16:08 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: You can't add extra parts using submissions
15:16:23 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: Sometimes you want to do this
15:16:43 [nvdbleek]
Steven: So this needs more thought
15:16:58 [nvdbleek]
Steven: An extra action feels the wrong approach
15:17:39 [nvdbleek]
Steven: I think it would be better to do it based on instances
15:18:11 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: You should be able to specify where to get content from, serialisation, content type, ...
15:18:51 [nvdbleek]
Steven: It is related to the serialize() function
15:19:22 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: Kind of, this is a bit more complicated, because each part need to have its own
15:19:39 [nvdbleek]
Steven: yes, but we were talking about how to specify the parameters
15:20:21 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: It should also support dynamic. E.g.: when attaching images, sometimes you have one, but it could be more
15:21:04 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: We should support alternative parts (e.g.: text and HTML for e-mail)
15:21:28 [nvdbleek]
Steven: I will reply to the e-mail that we will think about it further
15:22:18 [nvdbleek]
ACTION: Erik to propose a solution to support submitting multipart-post messages
15:22:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1944 - Propose a solution to support submitting multipart-post messages [on Erik Bruchez - due 2013-05-15].
15:22:21 [Steven]
Topic: ACTION-1939: Add the xforms:HTMLFragment data type and add text to
15:22:21 [Steven]
the text area control similar like it is done for xs:date on xf:input
15:22:21 [Steven]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2013May/0005.html
15:22:21 [Steven]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2013Apr/0007.html
15:22:43 [nvdbleek]
Steven: This is just a wrap-up
15:22:49 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: Its fine
15:22:56 [nvdbleek]
Steven: Any other comments
15:23:07 [Steven]
Topic: The function Element
15:23:07 [Steven]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2013May/0004.html
15:23:32 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: I just made a few editorial changes
15:23:38 [nvdbleek]
nvdbleek: They were fine for me
15:24:02 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: The other point was the ability to support multiple result elements
15:24:21 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: In xslt when you construct a sequence you can interleave them, nest them,...
15:24:56 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: For XForms it specifies the result, not a general sequence construct
15:25:18 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: It is bit confusing if you have multiple result elements
15:25:41 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: You can use the sequence constructor of XPath to return sequences
15:26:24 [ebruchez]
(: comment :)
15:26:46 [nvdbleek]
nvdbleek: no strong opinion about it
15:26:58 [nvdbleek]
Steven: I'm happy with only one result element
15:27:48 [nvdbleek]
ACTION: function should only allow one result element
15:27:48 [trackbot]
Error finding 'function'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/xforms/users>.
15:28:53 [nvdbleek]
ACTION: Erik function should only allow one result element
15:28:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1945 - Function should only allow one result element [on Erik Bruchez - due 2013-05-15].
15:29:21 [Steven]
Topic: ACTION-1943: Erik investigate why XPath 3 chose the function signature they did for serialization
15:29:21 [Steven]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2013May/0003.html
15:29:25 [nvdbleek]
ACTION: Nick Adjust schema file to allow one result element for Function element
15:29:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1946 - Adjust schema file to allow one result element for Function element [on Nick Van Den Bleeken - due 2013-05-15].
15:30:21 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: To summarise: we are looking for a way to specify the serialisation parameters for the serialise function
15:31:52 [nvdbleek]
… they use an element to specify it, what is quite heavy, it is now in the serialisation spec, it is needed for the character map, it is a way to substitute characters when serialising (with other words do a transform)
15:32:53 [nvdbleek]
… this is my interpretation, to confirm I send an e-mail to the public-qt-comments group
15:33:58 [nvdbleek]
… they are at candidate recommendation
15:34:00 [Steven]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2013May/
15:34:26 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: The second part is about what we or they can do to make it more light weight
15:35:02 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: The easiest thing we can do is to use the xpath 3.0 format
15:35:36 [nvdbleek]
… The second approach is to do it our own way
15:35:54 [nvdbleek]
… (using tokens, JSON,...)
15:36:20 [nvdbleek]
Steven: Do we have the use case of character maps
15:36:43 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: It is part from XML serialisation
15:38:07 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: We could not care about it
15:38:19 [nvdbleek]
Steven: Frankly that gives my vote at this time
15:38:38 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: We still need to have a way to specify the serialisation parameters
15:39:23 [nvdbleek]
nvdbleek: In the past we tried to be as close as possible to a future XPath function
15:40:09 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: The cases you want to use the character maps is probably rare, the other parameters are more common
15:41:20 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: We could support two formats, the one from XPath 3.0 and our own
15:42:27 [nvdbleek]
nvdbleek: but then you loose the advantage of dropping our own function when we migrate to XPath 3.0
15:42:51 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: In principle I'm for reusing other peoples stuff, but for this ...
15:43:17 [nvdbleek]
alain1: I agree with compatibility with XPath 3.0
15:43:51 [nvdbleek]
nvdbleek: That is what we did for xpath 3.0
15:44:09 [nvdbleek]
Steven: Anybody objects to using the xpath 3.0
15:45:20 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: OK, but if they change there format we should do it too
15:46:44 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: … it is a lot of text in the XML serialisation function
15:46:53 [nvdbleek]
ebruchez: We could point to the xpath 3.0 function
15:47:44 [nvdbleek]
ACTION: Erik to import the XPath 3.0 serialize() function to XForms 2.0
15:47:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1947 - Import the XPath 3.0 serialize() function to XForms 2.0 [on Erik Bruchez - due 2013-05-15].
15:48:17 [nvdbleek]
Steven: I propose not to block the SOAP issue to going to last call
15:48:23 [Zakim]
-pfennell
15:48:52 [Zakim]
+pfennell
15:49:41 [nvdbleek]
Steven: Next call in two weeks time
15:49:43 [Zakim]
-pfennell
15:49:45 [Zakim]
-Steven
15:49:45 [Zakim]
-ebruchez
15:49:46 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
15:49:46 [Zakim]
-nvdbleek
15:49:46 [Zakim]
IA_XForms()11:00AM has ended
15:49:46 [Zakim]
Attendees were pfennell, [IPcaller], Steven, ebruchez, nvdbleek
15:49:59 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:49:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-forms-minutes.html Steven
15:50:41 [Steven]
rrsagent, help
15:51:23 [Steven]
rrsagent, what action items?
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-forms-actions.rdf :
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Erik to propose a solution to support submitting multipart-post messages [1]
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-forms-irc#T15-22-18
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: function should only allow one result element [2]
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-forms-irc#T15-27-48
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Erik function should only allow one result element [3]
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-forms-irc#T15-28-53
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Nick Adjust schema file to allow one result element for Function element [4]
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-forms-irc#T15-29-25
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Erik to import the XPath 3.0 serialize() function to XForms 2.0 [5]
15:51:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-forms-irc#T15-47-44
15:51:45 [Steven]
rrsagent, ACTION- 2
15:51:52 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:51:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-forms-minutes.html Steven
15:53:45 [alain]
alain has joined #forms
15:54:06 [alain]
alain has left #forms
17:28:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #forms
18:34:10 [nvdbleek]
nvdbleek has joined #forms