IRC log of webperf on 2013-03-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:00:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webperf
18:00:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/06-webperf-irc
18:00:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
18:00:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webperf
18:00:08 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WPWG
18:00:09 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
18:00:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Performance Working Group Teleconference
18:00:09 [trackbot]
Date: 06 March 2013
18:02:15 [JatinderMann]
present+ GaneshRao, RobDickenson, JatinderMann
18:02:31 [ganesh]
ganesh has joined #webperf
18:04:20 [simonjam]
simonjam has joined #webperf
18:04:46 [JatinderMann]
present+ JamesSimonsen
18:06:01 [plh]
plh has joined #webperf
18:06:10 [plh]
zakim, this is per
18:06:10 [Zakim]
ok, plh; that matches RWC_web-per()1:00PM
18:06:14 [Zakim]
+Plh
18:06:39 [JatinderMann]
Topic: performance.now() in Web Workers
18:06:47 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: I thought specifying that workers support an interface is as easy as adding "WorkerGlobalScope implements Performance;" to the spec. But, if we want to exclude certain Timing interfaces from workers, we would need to do so in those spec. We may want to say that the Timing APIs will return the timing of the document context that the worker is attached to and shared workers should not support those APIs or just return an error.
18:09:37 [JatinderMann]
James: That sounds reasonable. For shared workers, we could just use the start of creation of the shared worker at time 0.
18:10:15 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: I'll follow up with a proposal for this.
18:11:28 [JatinderMann]
Philippe: Looks like we'll probably be doing a High Resolution L2.
18:11:53 [JatinderMann]
Topic: Beacon API
18:12:02 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: I sent out a draft of the Beacon API based on the feedback that was given last week. Hopefully, we will get more broader feedback from the working group now that the email has been sent out.
18:12:23 [JatinderMann]
Topic: Diagnostics and Errors
18:12:35 [plh]
zakim, aabb is Ganesh
18:12:35 [Zakim]
+Ganesh; got it
18:12:45 [plh]
zakim, aacc is James
18:12:45 [Zakim]
+James; got it
18:23:16 [Zakim]
- +1.949.754.aaaa
18:23:17 [Zakim]
-Ganesh
18:23:17 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
18:23:19 [Zakim]
-James
18:23:19 [Zakim]
RWC_web-per()1:00PM has ended
18:23:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.949.754.aaaa, [Microsoft], +1.503.264.aabb, +1.650.214.aacc, Plh, Ganesh, James
19:05:01 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: One of the topics that was discussed at the workshop was Network Diagnostics data. This seems like an analogous error spec to Resource Timing. I'm working on a draft that I can share with the working group soon.
19:05:19 [JatinderMann]
Topic: Test Cases
19:05:24 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: The Resource Timing test cases at http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/Intel/resource-timing/ are still failing to run for me on IE.
19:05:59 [JatinderMann]
Jatinder: There was a PHP file that Pan said he wanted to upload, I wonder if that will fix the issue.
19:06:20 [JatinderMann]
Ganesh: We will follow up on seeing if we can get that fixed. I'll send you a mail to see which version of IE we should look at.
19:06:25 [JatinderMann]
Topic: Charter
19:06:52 [JatinderMann]
Philippe: AC reps are now reviewing the charter. We should be able to publish our new specs as first public working draft in about a month and half.
19:06:56 [JatinderMann]
rrsagent, generate minutes
19:06:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/03/06-webperf-minutes.html JatinderMann
20:30:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webperf