IRC log of ldp on 2013-03-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:55:14 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ldp
14:55:14 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/04-ldp-irc
14:55:16 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:55:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ldp
14:55:18 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be LDP
14:55:18 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:55:19 [trackbot]
Meeting: Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Teleconference
14:55:19 [trackbot]
Date: 04 March 2013
14:55:23 [Ruben]
Ruben has joined #ldp
14:55:32 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #ldp
14:55:40 [svillata]
svillata has joined #ldp
14:55:49 [Ruben1]
Ruben1 has joined #ldp
14:56:37 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ldp
14:58:28 [Ruben1]
Am I the only one who cannot get past Zakim?
14:58:30 [SteveS]
SteveS has joined #ldp
14:58:35 [Ruben1]
It says my code is not valid.
14:58:45 [Ruben1]
It's 53794, right?
14:59:13 [Arnaud]
hi, I haven't tried yet
14:59:17 [cody]
me too - holding for operator
14:59:27 [Ruben1]
ok, will do the same
14:59:56 [Ashok]
zakim, code?
14:59:56 [Zakim]
sorry, Ashok, I don't know what conference this is
15:00:02 [sandro]
sandro has joined #ldp
15:00:04 [Ruben]
Ruben has joined #ldp
15:00:07 [sandro]
Zakim, what is the code?
15:00:07 [Zakim]
sorry, sandro, I don't know what conference this is
15:00:14 [sandro]
trackbot, start meeting
15:00:16 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:00:18 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be LDP
15:00:18 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
15:00:19 [trackbot]
Meeting: Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Teleconference
15:00:19 [trackbot]
Date: 04 March 2013
15:00:20 [Ashok]
zakim, this is ldp
15:00:20 [Zakim]
sorry, Ashok, I do not see a conference named 'ldp' in progress or scheduled at this time
15:00:34 [sandro]
uh ph
15:00:36 [sandro]
uh oh
15:00:42 [Arnaud]
there is a problem
15:00:43 [Ruben]
Zakim, what is wrong with you?
15:00:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Ruben.
15:00:54 [roger]
roger has joined #ldp
15:00:54 [Ashok]
zakim is confused
15:00:56 [sandro]
zakim, room for 30 people?
15:00:58 [Zakim]
ok, sandro; conference Team_(ldp)15:00Z scheduled with code 26637 (CONF7) for 60 minutes until 1600Z
15:01:03 [Arnaud]
I alreaady told trackbot to start the meeting but somehow the code is said to be wrong
15:01:11 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: USE ZAKIM CODE 26637 for today
15:01:17 [sandro]
USE ZAKIM CODE 26637 for today
15:01:20 [Zakim]
Team_(ldp)15:00Z has now started
15:01:23 [Arnaud]
ok
15:01:27 [Zakim]
+OpenLink_Software
15:01:31 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:01:41 [Ashok]
zakim, code?
15:01:42 [Zakim]
the conference code is 26637 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), Ashok
15:01:43 [SteveS]
zakim, [IBM] is me
15:01:43 [Zakim]
+SteveS; got it
15:01:58 [Zakim]
+Arnaud
15:02:09 [cygri]
cygri has joined #ldp
15:02:09 [bblfish]
hi
15:02:21 [Kalpa]
Kalpa has joined #ldp
15:02:25 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
15:02:30 [Zakim]
+Sandro
15:02:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.214.537.aaaa
15:02:41 [sandro]
(repeating for newcomers) USE ZAKIM CODE 26637 FOR TODAY
15:02:51 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:02:59 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:02:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TallTed (muted), SteveS, Arnaud, Ashok_Malhotra, Sandro, +1.214.537.aaaa, ??P0
15:03:07 [pchampin]
#zakim, ??P0 is me
15:03:13 [TallTed]
TallTed has changed the topic to: dial-in code 26637 for 2013-03-04 -- Linked Data Platform WG -- http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/ -- current agenda: http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2013.03.04
15:03:24 [Zakim]
+Ruben
15:03:31 [bblfish]
am having trouble getting into the call
15:03:43 [Zakim]
+MHausenblas
15:03:48 [cygri]
zakim, mhausenblas is me
15:03:48 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
15:03:51 [Arnaud]
bblfish, try the new code
15:03:53 [cygri]
zakim, kalpa is with me
15:03:53 [Zakim]
+kalpa; got it
15:03:57 [Ruben]
Code 26637 today
15:04:05 [Ruben]
Default one doesn't work
15:04:10 [Zakim]
+bblfish
15:04:17 [bblfish]
thanks
15:04:35 [Arnaud]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:04:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TallTed (muted), SteveS, Arnaud, Ashok_Malhotra, Sandro, +1.214.537.aaaa, ??P0, Ruben, cygri, bblfish
15:04:37 [Zakim]
cygri has cygri, kalpa
15:05:19 [TallTed]
Zakim, aaaa is cody
15:05:19 [Zakim]
+cody; got it
15:05:46 [pchampin]
zakim, ??P0 is me
15:05:46 [Zakim]
+pchampin; got it
15:05:46 [Arnaud]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:05:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TallTed, SteveS, Arnaud, Ashok_Malhotra, Sandro, cody, pchampin, Ruben, cygri, bblfish
15:05:47 [Zakim]
cygri has cygri, kalpa
15:06:44 [Zakim]
+??P18
15:07:04 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: DIFFERENT dial-in code TODAY: 26637 for 2013-03-04 -- Linked Data Platform WG -- http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/ -- current agenda: http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2013.03.04
15:07:05 [Arnaud]
chair: Arnaud
15:07:12 [Arnaud]
zakim, pick a victim
15:07:12 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose cygri
15:07:36 [cygri]
arnaud, no, sorry
15:07:49 [Ashok]
scribenick: Ashok
15:08:05 [Ashok]
Topic: Admin
15:08:17 [Ashok]
Approval of minutes from Feb 25
15:08:40 [Zakim]
+??P22
15:08:56 [svillata]
Zakim, ??P22 is me
15:08:56 [Zakim]
+svillata; got it
15:09:04 [Ashok]
No objection. Minutes http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/meeting/2013-02-25 approved
15:09:13 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #ldp
15:09:31 [Ashok]
Arnaud: Should we have a call on Monday? F2f next week
15:10:00 [Ashok]
No objection. There will be a call next Monday 3/11
15:10:14 [Ashok]
Arnaud: Discusses f2f
15:10:23 [Yves]
regrets: Yves
15:10:25 [Zakim]
+[GVoice]
15:10:31 [ericP]
Zakim, [GVoice] is me
15:10:31 [Zakim]
+ericP; got it
15:10:36 [Ashok]
Topic: Actions
15:11:25 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #ldp
15:11:34 [roger]
roger has joined #ldp
15:11:46 [Ashok]
SteveS: I made some changes based on resolutions
15:11:46 [bblfish]
is there a diff?
15:12:00 [bblfish]
q+
15:12:17 [SteveS]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/pendingreview
15:12:22 [Arnaud]
ack bblfish
15:12:53 [bblfish]
A diff URL of the spec differences would be useful
15:13:38 [Ashok]
SteveS: There is a change log.
15:14:05 [Ashok]
... also a Change History in mercurial repository
15:14:06 [SteveS]
Changeset history in repo is at https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg
15:14:28 [Ashok]
SteveS: Changes were all editorial
15:14:40 [bblfish]
ok
15:14:58 [bblfish]
yes
15:15:01 [SteveS]
no objection
15:15:32 [Arnaud]
close: actions 30, 31, 34, 37
15:16:20 [Ashok]
Arnaud: ACTion-29 is open
15:16:29 [bblfish]
yes
15:16:34 [Ashok]
Topic: Issues
15:16:49 [Ashok]
Arnaud: Henry raised a new issue Issue-50
15:16:58 [krp]
krp has joined #ldp
15:17:09 [Ashok]
... it is about creating a new type of container
15:18:03 [Ashok]
... it has to do with people being able to post content with relative URLs
15:18:41 [SteveS]
+1 to open it
15:19:17 [pchampin]
q+ to raise a concern about issue-50
15:19:31 [Arnaud]
ack pchampin
15:19:31 [Zakim]
pchampin, you wanted to raise a concern about issue-50
15:20:09 [Ashok]
Pchampin: Not sure why this would be useful ... uses URI knowledge rather than triples.
15:20:30 [bblfish]
Well TimBerners lee and the group agreed that relative urls would be very important
15:20:49 [TallTed]
+1 open
15:20:59 [bblfish]
+1 open it
15:21:03 [Ashok]
No objections to opening
15:21:04 [Arnaud]
proposed: open issue-50
15:21:25 [Arnaud]
resolved: open issue-50
15:22:12 [Ashok]
Arnaud: I put out objectives and agenda for f2f
15:22:23 [Ashok]
... please review
15:24:29 [Ashok]
Topic: New WD
15:24:42 [Ashok]
Arnaud: I suggest we publish what we have
15:24:54 [Arnaud]
Proposed: Publish latest draft as our Second Public Working Draft.
15:24:59 [SteveS]
+1
15:25:03 [Ashok]
+1
15:25:07 [pchampin]
+1
15:25:09 [cygri]
+1
15:25:09 [Ruben]
+1
15:25:11 [bblfish]
+1
15:25:13 [roger]
+1
15:25:17 [svillata]
+1
15:25:27 [cody]
+0
15:25:41 [Arnaud]
resolved: Publish latest draft as our Second Public Working Draft.
15:25:48 [ericP]
+1
15:25:55 [Ashok]
s/resolvd/RESOLVED/
15:26:45 [Ashok]
s/resolved/RESOLVED/
15:26:45 [Ashok]
Topic: Issues
15:27:47 [Ashok]
ISSUE-33 Pagination for non-container resources
15:28:34 [cygri]
q+
15:29:00 [Arnaud]
ack cygri
15:29:24 [Ashok]
Ricahrd: I can take an action to provide a usecase for issue-33
15:29:31 [Zakim]
+??P27
15:29:45 [krp]
zakim, ??P27 is me
15:29:45 [Zakim]
+krp; got it
15:30:06 [Ashok]
s/Ricahrd/Ricahrd/
15:30:38 [Arnaud]
action: cygri to propose a use case for issue-33
15:31:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-39 - Propose a use case for issue-33 [on Richard Cyganiak - due 2013-03-11].
15:31:11 [Ashok]
s/Ricahrd/Richard/
15:31:13 [bblfish]
Issue-49?
15:31:13 [trackbot]
ISSUE-49 -- Canonical URL - how to communicate its value to clients -- open
15:31:13 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/49
15:31:31 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-49: Canonical URL - how to communicate its value to clients
15:32:41 [Ashok]
No HTTP experts on the call.
15:32:42 [bblfish]
Issue-21?
15:32:42 [trackbot]
ISSUE-21 -- container affordances -- open
15:32:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/21
15:32:48 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-21: Reverse membership predicates?
15:33:37 [bblfish]
q+
15:33:48 [Arnaud]
ack bblfish
15:34:14 [Ashok]
Arnaud: There is currently no requirement for resources to point back to the container
15:34:33 [SteveS]
can't you just include a within the resource's representation that triple: <containerURL> refs:member <.> ?
15:34:57 [bblfish]
ok
15:35:09 [bblfish]
I argued that <> ldp:contains <.> .
15:35:21 [SteveS]
q+
15:35:21 [bblfish]
you don't need a reverse relationship from content to container
15:35:53 [Ashok]
Arnaud: Henry sent a note on ldp:contains arguing we need a different relationship to capture this
15:35:56 [bblfish]
but you need a more specific relationship that rdfs:member because rdf:member is not precise enough to suggest a container ship relation
15:36:11 [roger]
+q
15:36:35 [bblfish]
My argument was here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2013Mar/0027.html
15:37:25 [Arnaud]
ack roger
15:39:08 [Ashok]
Roger explains his usecases
15:39:40 [bblfish]
q+
15:39:49 [Arnaud]
ack steves
15:40:41 [pchampin]
q+
15:40:47 [Arnaud]
ack bblfish
15:41:02 [roger]
+q
15:41:40 [Arnaud]
ack pchampin
15:41:54 [SteveS]
right, I could see adding also <containerURL> a ldp:CompositeContainer triple as well
15:43:05 [Arnaud]
ack roger
15:43:40 [Ashok]
q+
15:44:42 [bblfish]
q+
15:44:57 [Ashok]
Arnaud: People are thinking by analogy with files and directories
15:45:09 [pchampin]
@Arnaud in the example you mention, folders are aggregate :-)
15:45:17 [Arnaud]
ack ashok
15:45:20 [pchampin]
s/folders/directories/
15:46:00 [Ashok]
Roger: We need to provide a way to indicate a back pointer
15:46:18 [Ashok]
Arnaud: The spec does not prohibit back pointers
15:46:26 [Arnaud]
ack bblfish
15:47:02 [roger]
@ashok, I would just like to clarify that I don't see this as a back pointer :)
15:47:09 [bblfish]
q+
15:47:16 [Arnaud]
ack bblfish
15:47:56 [Ashok]
Ashok: So, it's not required but we need a standard mechanism to indicate it. Is that correct?
15:48:07 [bblfish]
done
15:48:55 [roger]
+q
15:49:28 [Arnaud]
ack roger
15:50:56 [Ashok]
Arnaud: Please send mail re. this issue
15:51:04 [bblfish]
issue-45?
15:51:04 [trackbot]
ISSUE-45 -- POSTing to an LDPR appends content to the resource -- open
15:51:04 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/45
15:51:30 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-45: POSTing to an LDPR appends content to the resource
15:52:36 [roger]
+q
15:52:53 [Arnaud]
ack roger
15:52:55 [SteveS]
q+
15:53:04 [Ashok]
Arnaud: Explains issue. Andy says we should do it.
15:53:12 [bblfish]
issue-33?
15:53:12 [trackbot]
ISSUE-33 -- Pagination for non-container resources -- open
15:53:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/33
15:53:24 [TallTed]
q+
15:53:31 [pchampin]
q+
15:53:52 [Ashok]
Roger: This is related to ISSUE-33
15:54:04 [bblfish]
agree with Arnaud
15:54:24 [Arnaud]
ack steves
15:55:13 [Ashok]
SteveS: Seems reasonable but need to clarify our PATCH model
15:55:18 [Arnaud]
ack tallted