[Odrl-version2] ODRL Relation attribute for an Asset

David Martin david at polecat.dircon.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 02:26:20 EST 2011

>> 2.  Is the definition of "target" still correct?  Through your recent
>>exchanges with Francis, I think we have now established that a Policy
>>can include several Permissions relating to different target Assets.
>>should the definition refer to "Permission or Prohibition", not
>>"Policy"? And "primary object" is not a very exact form of words.
>>Does it mean "The Asset upon which a permitted or prohibited Action is
>>performed"? Or are there use cases which require a looser definition?
>
>Since these relations are also used for Duties, we could say "The Asset
>upon which the Action applies" ?

I take your point, but I would be inclined to prefer "The Asset upon
which an Action is performed".

>> 3.  Should the definition for "output" be more consistent with the
>>definition of "target"?  Something like "The Asset which is output
>>from a permitted Action"?
>
>Agree.

But just in case this crops up in a Duty rather than a Permission
(though I can't think of a use case at the moment), it might be better
to generalise it in the same way, to "The Asset which is output from an
Action"?

David
--
David Martin
david at polecat.dircon.co.uk

Address in UK
117 Percy Road, HAMPTON TW12 2JS, UK
Telephone +44 (0)20 8286 8983 (or 8979 2516, if no reply)

In Tenerife
Rambla de Santa Cruz 153, Sexto, Puerta 21, 38001 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, SPAIN
Telephone +34 922 27 23 92
Mobile (in Spain only) +34 639 742 634