[Odrl-geospatial] Re: Odrl-geospatial Digest, Vol 1, Issue 2

Michael A Domaratz mdomarat at usgs.gov
Mon Nov 1 06:59:04 EST 2004

This note (much delayed ...apologizes) is a reply to Mr. Iannella's Oct 14
message (see below).  I'm sending this note on Dan Wright's behalf and with
his knowledge (he returned to school and currently is not following the
list).

Dan's "resolution" element is not a function of the display device, and is
only in part a characteristic of the data. Dan was modeling a business rule
in which a distributor has orthophotos for which access to
reduced-resolution (a "resolution" of "1" in Dan's example) views of the
data was provided for free. For other "resolutions", rights for were
provided at no charge to selected communities, and for a fee to all others.

Michael Domaratz
US Geological Survey
mdomarat at usgs.gov

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           odrl-geospatial-reque|
|         |           st at odrl.net          |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           odrl-geospatial-bounc|
|         |           es at odrl.net          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           10/14/2004 10:39 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           odrl-geospatial      |
  |       To:       odrl-geospatial at odrl.net                                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Odrl-geospatial Digest, Vol 1, Issue 2                                                                       |

Today's Topics:

   1. Geospatial DRM paper (Renato Iannella)

Message: 1