[Odrl-version2] RE: ODRL-Version2 Digest, Vol 20, Issue 2

Vicky Weissman vickyw at cs.cornell.edu
Thu Feb 8 00:43:37 EST 2007

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile.  I want to comment on Steven's last
email.

-------
<From Steven Rowat on Tuesday, Feb. 6.>

I have Greg [Heileman]'s permission to quote from his response; these parts
seem like they may be of interest:

It is theoretically possible to "chunk" ODRL or XrML into parts - some that
would be part of a core REL, and others that would be identified as
middleware or even application-level parts.  From our perspective, it seems
that ODRL is better suited for this than XrML. Or perhaps we can define a
core, and then show how it maps to specific parts of ODRL and XrML - this
might get around some of the standards issues you mention.

------

I took a rough stab at this a few years ago by defining a "core" language
that I called "Rosetta".  I'm currently trying to refine the ideas and would
be happy to mail the results to anyone who's interested.  (Hopefully I'll
have a first draft in time for CCS.)

Best,
Vicky