[Odrl-version2] Discussion of ODRL v2.0 Model (Cont)

Renato Iannella renato at odrl.net
Mon Jun 5 12:06:00 EST 2006

On 4 Jun 2006, at 12:56, Vicky Weissman wrote:

> So suppose an agreement gives Alice permission to print a file f
> and, if she prints it more than 100 times, then she has to pay 5
> dollars.  We'd write this as permission=print, asset = f, duty =
> pay, object (of duty) = 5 dollars, and constraint (of duty) =
> number_of_copies_by_consumer <= 100.  Yes?

We can break this down into two permission statements:

====Permission 1======
Asset = f
Permission = print [Constraint <= 100]
====Permission 1======

====Permission 2======
Asset = f
Permission = print [Constraint > 100]
Duty = Pay [amount = AUD5]
====Permission 2======

This way the constraint related to printing is associated with the
Permission, not the Duty.

Is this a clearer ???

Cheers...  Renato Iannella