[Odrl-version2] resumption of containers & model update

Alapan Arnab aarnab at cs.uct.ac.za
Mon Feb 27 20:18:19 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 17:53 +0100, Susanne Guth wrote:
> Hi Alapan,
>
> I think there is a logic tongh twister in your example. You can not
> negotiate if you would like agree to a "ticket" or a "contract". A ticket
> results from a contract. And an offer can only result by the confirmation of
> an agreement. The field "rights expression type" only describes what the
> rights expression represents. OK? Are all your concerns cleared?

This is truly a twister ;) Well the point is - when presenting an offer,
shouldn't there be an indication of what type of contracts are on offer?
> > On another note - I was looking at the DMP negotiations call - and I am
> > considering submitting the ODRL negotiations approach. One of the
> > requirements is "setting a parameter as non-negotiable", which would
> > require the creation of an additional attribute for every negotiable
> > element.
>
> I think it's a good idea to indicate negotional elements. So what are the
> candidates for this element: Permissions, Duties, Prohibitions and
> Contstraints. Or shall we go down to the Action- Element Level= Actions &
> constraints?

Down to the lower levels - as I think the constraints themselves are the
most useful element of negotiations (e.g. 5 pages instead of 1 page
limit on printing).