[Odrl-version2] New ODRL v2.0 Model

Alapan Arnab aarnab at cs.uct.ac.za
Wed Feb 1 02:43:36 EST 2006

Hi Susanne,
Thanks a lot for the clarification - I understand the subtle difference
now and it makes a lot more sense.

But from purely an implementation point of view - if payment is an
action, wouldn't both the following code fragments be correct?

<duty id="1" relaxed="true">
   <payment>
      <amount currency="EUR">1</amount>
   </payment>
</duty>

<permission>
   <payment>
      <amount currency="EUR">1</amount>
   </payment>
</duty>

The second one does not make much sense, but I think all validity checkers
will pass it.  From an implementation point of view, this could raise some
problems.

Regards
Alapan

--
Alapan Arnab
Data Networks Architecture (DNA) Laboratory

Tel: +27 21 650 3127
Web: http://people.cs.uct.ac.za/~aarnab/
Blog: http://idiots-mind.blogspot.com