[Odrl-version2] Comments on Feedback (2)

Renato Iannella renato at odrl.net
Fri Jun 10 11:29:07 EST 2005

V: "This raises an interesting question,
namely how do we interpret an agreement (or set of agreements) that
contradicts itself.  More generally, how do we determine what's
allowed/forbidden by a set of agreements? "

This is a good question and always asked for ODRL.
It really comes down to formalising the model so that you can "prove"
that what
the XML bits say is actually true (or what you intended).
(This also benefits programmers!)
I will ask a few more "logicians" to see if there is a practical answer.

V: "My best guess is that the exclusive flag is used in agreements as a
way to
promise the assignee(s) that no one else is getting permission."

Correct

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
Project Leader, NICTA, Brisbane, QLD, AUSTRALIA
P: +61 7 3000 0484 F: +61 7 3000 0480 M: +61 4 1313 2206
E: renato at nicta.com.au W: http://nicta.com.au