[Odrl-version2] Requirement Analysis

Renato Iannella renato at odrl.net
Tue Aug 2 17:04:02 EST 2005

On 28 Jul 2005, at 19:30, Alapan Arnab wrote:

>  After discussions at the ODRL workshop, Susanne asked me to do some
> sort of an analysis of the v2 model to see if it fits with my project
> needs. At the moment, my main focus is on negotiation of usage rights
> and thus I have identified possible changes to the ODRL model (I think
> section 3.2 could be the most interesting change in this regard). I
> have also gone through the requirements document and looked for
> requirements that I think are not fully met by the model, although I
> could be wrong in my interpretation.

Alapan - thanks for the analysis - great work and raise some
interesting options.

I was wondering if it maybe more useful to define a "rights protocol"
which outlines the
request/response/deny/accept/etc actions that one would like to do in a
transactions.

Then these can become the "headers" and ODRL the "body" of a SOAP
message?

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
National ICT Australia (NICTA)