IRC log of ldp on 2012-09-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:59:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ldp
13:59:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-irc
13:59:38 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:59:40 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be LDP
13:59:41 [trackbot]
Meeting: Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Teleconference
13:59:41 [trackbot]
Date: 10 September 2012
13:59:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ldp
14:00:11 [JohnArwe]
JohnArwe has joined #ldp
14:00:16 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, this will be LDP
14:00:20 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas, I see SW_LDP()10:00AM already started
14:00:37 [Zakim]
+Arnaud
14:00:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.510.206.aabb
14:00:55 [JohnArwe]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IBM], +1.845.433.aaaa, Arnaud, +1.510.206.aabb
14:00:57 [SteveS]
zakim, [IBM] is me
14:00:57 [Zakim]
+SteveS; got it
14:01:02 [JohnArwe]
zakim, aaaa is me
14:01:02 [Zakim]
+JohnArwe; got it
14:01:03 [Zakim]
+gavinc
14:01:12 [Zakim]
+OpenLink_Software
14:01:13 [Zakim]
+cygri
14:01:15 [Zakim]
+ +1.510.698.aacc
14:01:17 [MacTed]
Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
14:01:17 [Zakim]
+MacTed; got it
14:01:18 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, I am mhausenblas
14:01:18 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not see a party named 'mhausenblas'
14:01:18 [dret]
zakim, dret is 510
14:01:19 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
14:01:20 [Zakim]
sorry, dret, I do not recognize a party named 'dret'
14:01:23 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
14:01:27 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, cygri really is mhausenblas
14:01:27 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'cygri really is mhausenblas', mhausenblas
14:01:30 [dret]
zalim 510 is dret
14:01:33 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, I am cygri
14:01:33 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas, I now associate you with cygri
14:01:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.714.454.aadd
14:01:44 [dret]
zakim, 510 is dret
14:01:48 [Zakim]
sorry, dret, I do not recognize a party named '510'
14:01:54 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:01:59 [RezaBFar]
RezaBFar has joined #ldp
14:02:07 [dret]
zakim aabb is dret
14:02:10 [oberger]
Zakim, ??P16 is me
14:02:13 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, cyrgi is me
14:02:14 [Zakim]
+oberger; got it
14:02:16 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not recognize a party named 'cyrgi'
14:02:24 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, cygri is me
14:02:26 [dret]
zakim, dret is aabb
14:02:31 [bblfish]
zakim, aacc is me
14:02:34 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
14:02:36 [Zakim]
sorry, dret, I do not recognize a party named 'dret'
14:02:43 [Zakim]
+bblfish; got it
14:02:51 [Zakim]
+Sandro
14:02:57 [dret]
zakim, aabb is me
14:03:09 [Zakim]
+dret; got it
14:03:16 [oberger]
hmmm.... am I the only one to not hear anything ?
14:03:20 [ghard]
ghard has joined #ldp
14:03:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.324.aaee
14:03:38 [Zakim]
+Karl
14:03:40 [SteveS]
oberger: I hear Arnaud and other noise
14:03:41 [Zakim]
- +1.617.324.aaee
14:03:44 [krp]
krp has joined #ldp
14:03:59 [oberger]
noise cancelation at arnaud's ?
14:04:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.324.aaff
14:04:11 [oberger]
ok, let's wait
14:04:36 [Zakim]
-Yves
14:04:53 [rgarcia]
zakim, aaee is me
14:04:54 [Zakim]
sorry, rgarcia, I do not recognize a party named 'aaee'
14:04:56 [bblfish]
hi
14:05:08 [Zakim]
-Karl
14:05:26 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, pick a victim
14:05:26 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose bblfish
14:05:31 [Zakim]
+??P20
14:05:37 [bblfish]
ah I scribed recently...
14:05:45 [rgarcia]
zakim, ??P20 is me
14:05:45 [Zakim]
+rgarcia; got it
14:05:46 [jkopecky]
jkopecky has joined #ldp
14:05:51 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: mhausenblas
14:06:02 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Admin
14:06:02 [Zakim]
+??P30
14:06:22 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept meeting minutes from http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/meeting/2012-08-20
14:06:28 [Ashok_Malhotra]
Ashok_Malhotra has joined #ldp
14:06:29 [Zakim]
+??P22
14:06:30 [krp]
zakim, ??P30 is me
14:06:30 [Zakim]
+krp; got it
14:06:37 [mhausenblas]
+1
14:06:39 [ghard]
Zakim, ??P22 is me
14:06:39 [Zakim]
+ghard; got it
14:06:47 [SteveS]
+1
14:06:53 [oberger]
no problem +1
14:06:54 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept meeting minutes from http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/meeting/2012-08-27
14:07:14 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: Both meeting minutes have been approved by the WG
14:07:27 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Tracking of issues and actions
14:07:39 [mhausenblas]
Issues: http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/
14:07:44 [Zakim]
-krp
14:08:00 [Zakim]
+Yves
14:08:07 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Not sure yet how extensive we gonna use it, but worth having a look at it and record them
14:08:13 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
14:08:14 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:08:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:08:19 [Zakim]
-Yves
14:08:24 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:08:27 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:08:33 [Zakim]
+??P30
14:08:41 [krp]
zakim, ??P30 is me
14:08:41 [Zakim]
+krp; got it
14:08:43 [jacekk]
jacekk has joined #ldp
14:08:44 [Zakim]
+ +44.208.573.aagg
14:08:59 [Zakim]
+??P36
14:09:12 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Every WG member can raise an issue and once accepted it will be marked as OPEN
14:10:24 [RezaBFar]
714.454.aadd is me. Not sure why Zakim is not recognizing me.
14:10:37 [MacTed]
Zakim, aadd is RezaBFar
14:10:38 [Zakim]
+RezaBFar; got it
14:10:59 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Let's review actions
14:11:15 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-4?
14:11:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-4 -- Steve Speicher to review SPARQL Graph Store Protocol and suggest how we should move forward with it -- due 2012-09-12 -- OPEN
14:11:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/4
14:11:22 [bblfish]
I sent a mail out
14:11:26 [mhausenblas]
SteveS: continues - next week, promise
14:11:35 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-5?
14:11:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-5 -- Henry Story to add use case for non rdf content addition -- due 2012-07-30 -- OPEN
14:11:35 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/5
14:11:44 [Zakim]
-krp
14:11:50 [mhausenblas]
bblfish: I did send out, yes
14:11:54 [oberger]
me can't see any note :-/
14:12:09 [oberger]
in http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/5
14:12:13 [mhausenblas]
bblfish: see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Sep/0007.html
14:12:44 [bblfish]
ok, will do that right after the call
14:12:51 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-5
14:12:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-5 Add use case for non rdf content addition closed
14:12:57 [oberger]
mhausenblas, ;-)
14:13:55 [bblfish]
I can re-word and put in wiki, then others can edit it
14:14:15 [Kalpa]
Kalpa has joined #ldp
14:14:24 [nandana]
nandana has joined #ldp
14:14:28 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-6?
14:14:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-6 -- Michael Hausenblas to review SDshare -- due 2012-09-17 -- OPEN
14:14:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/6
14:14:35 [bblfish]
you're welcome
14:14:46 [mhausenblas]
Michael: continues - been on vacation
14:14:59 [Zakim]
+Yves
14:15:24 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Graham Moore offered help, will deliver next week
14:15:48 [jkopecky]
jkopecky has joined #ldp
14:16:05 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Now we're back to our weekly schedule
14:16:21 [Zakim]
+ +1.937.775.aahh
14:16:44 [Zakim]
+??P40
14:16:53 [mhausenblas]
… looking at the charter, the schedule says UCR were due in 07/2012, see http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter
14:17:09 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: We need to see to catch-up on these actions
14:17:28 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: FPWD are due for 10/2012
14:17:48 [mhausenblas]
… we're slipping behind schedule, so we need to show some progress
14:18:17 [oberger]
btw, 1st of november is holiday in France... in case you're coming to Lyon... maybe some disruption of french public services to be expected on location
14:18:30 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: We need to have more discussions on the mailing list
14:18:32 [oberger]
(F2F TPAC)
14:18:34 [Yves]
it will be the same service as on a sunday
14:18:41 [mhausenblas]
q+ to talk re process
14:18:42 [oberger]
Yves, yes
14:18:54 [Zakim]
+??P42
14:18:57 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Use telecons to resolve difficult issues
14:19:01 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:19:34 [bblfish]
q+
14:19:45 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:19:54 [krp]
krp has joined #ldp
14:20:04 [mhausenblas]
ack me
14:20:04 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to talk re process
14:20:30 [Zakim]
-??P36
14:21:26 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Agreed re progress but we need to work towards concrete proposals
14:21:27 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:21:45 [Zakim]
-??P42
14:22:21 [mhausenblas]
ack bblfish
14:22:37 [mhausenblas]
bblfish: PROPOSAL: Take the Member Submission as a FPWD
14:22:53 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:23:09 [gavinc]
q+ is their an editor/s?
14:23:09 [krp_]
krp_ has joined #ldp
14:23:19 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:23:19 [gavinc]
q+ to ask if their is an editor/s?
14:23:20 [SteveS]
+1 to PROPOSAL to move submission to working draft
14:23:39 [mhausenblas]
+1 to the PROPOSAL to move submission to working draft by bblfish
14:24:37 [mhausenblas]
ack gavinc
14:24:37 [Zakim]
gavinc, you wanted to ask if their is an editor/s?
14:24:49 [SteveS]
I have volunteered
14:24:51 [mhausenblas]
gavinc: is there an Editor in sight?
14:24:59 [mhausenblas]
+1
14:25:06 [mhausenblas]
Michael: +1 for editor
14:25:21 [JohnArwe]
I can also help
14:25:26 [bblfish]
It's always better to have 2 people :-)
14:25:47 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Happy to chime in as well
14:25:56 [oberger]
obviously it is if we fallback on using the proposal as a draft ;)
14:26:10 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:26:13 [oberger]
(looking like IBM alone ;)
14:26:46 [oberger]
mhausenblas, our messages crossed eachother
14:27:14 [bblfish]
it's better to have somtehitng to start where we can say: passage x, or y needs to be changed....
14:27:59 [bblfish]
respec is cool
14:28:04 [gavinc]
respec!
14:28:12 [bblfish]
http://webid.info/spec/ used it
14:28:22 [gavinc]
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/ReSpec.js/documentation.html
14:28:36 [Zakim]
-ghard
14:28:41 [oberger]
git
14:28:41 [Zakim]
-RezaBFar
14:29:02 [oberger]
that one could be controversial topic for discussion ;)
14:29:10 [bblfish]
you can use github, and sync with mercurial
14:29:21 [gavinc]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/linked-data/ ... is that us?
14:29:22 [mhausenblas]
Sandro++ for git
14:29:29 [gavinc]
doesn't look like it?
14:29:29 [oberger]
is there a DVCS with a REST API ?
14:29:39 [mhausenblas]
no, gavinc
14:30:03 [gavinc]
then, no I don't see an hg repo
14:30:09 [Yves]
not us
14:30:14 [mhausenblas]
likewise
14:30:27 [bblfish]
this is the webid mercurial http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID
14:30:45 [Yves]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg has all the repo
14:30:50 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: SteveS to publish member submission as FPWD with support of JohnArwe and mhausenblas
14:30:50 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - SteveS
14:31:00 [oberger]
do we have/need consensus on that next action ?
14:31:12 [ghard]
Lost connect. Zakim keeps telling me the conference code's not valid.
14:31:13 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: sspeiche to publish member submission as FPWD with support of JohnArwe and mhausenblas
14:31:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-10 - Publish member submission as FPWD with support of JohnArwe and mhausenblas [on Steve Speicher - due 2012-09-17].
14:31:23 [gavinc]
uh
14:31:38 [gavinc]
That action seems a bit strong ;)
14:31:51 [bblfish]
+1
14:31:54 [gavinc]
I think we were looking for a draft of a FPWD?
14:32:01 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: to move submission to working draft
14:32:04 [gavinc]
not to publish it before anyone has seen it or it's been written?
14:32:08 [MacTed]
yah; that was "convert member submission to working draft"
14:32:14 [gavinc]
Ah okay :D
14:32:45 [JohnArwe]
if yves needs my w3c id for setting up ACLS, it is jarwe
14:33:03 [MacTed]
action 10?
14:33:03 [trackbot]
Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
14:33:10 [MacTed]
action-10?
14:33:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-10 -- Steve Speicher to publish member submission as FPWD with support of JohnArwe and mhausenblas -- due 2012-09-17 -- OPEN
14:33:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/10
14:33:14 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Correct, it is initially an Editors Draft that, given WG approval will be turned into a FPWD
14:33:19 [Yves]
John, I'll check what is needed for dvcs, but it should be ok as long as you have a w3c id
14:33:51 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:34:20 [MacTed]
action-10?
14:34:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-10 -- Steve Speicher to convert member submission to Editor's Draft, with support of JohnArwe and mhausenblas -- due 2012-09-17 -- OPEN
14:34:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/10
14:34:51 [gavinc]
Tracking and then nice little ISSUE notes in the document?
14:35:09 [Yves]
repo should appear at https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg
14:35:29 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Thanks Yves!
14:35:30 [gavinc]
thanks Yves
14:35:39 [Yves]
writable by all wg members
14:35:45 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Can take care of creating the products in tracker
14:35:54 [oberger]
you mean, providing code ?
14:36:10 [gavinc]
or "this is bad and fixing it is really hard"?
14:36:19 [MacTed]
+1 gavinc
14:36:23 [Arnaud]
q?
14:37:11 [mhausenblas]
Michael: The products are now in place , see https://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/products
14:37:41 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I suggest, from now on, please everyone, tag your issue and or action with one of the products - helps also the chairs
14:37:45 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:38:04 [mhausenblas]
sandro: FPWD should be published before TPAC
14:38:18 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: FPWD should be published before TPAC
14:38:23 [mhausenblas]
Michael: +1
14:38:26 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:38:37 [SteveS]
+1, was what I was thinking as well
14:38:40 [gavinc]
+0.9 (Not an editor, thus not +1 ;) )
14:38:55 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Any objections?
14:38:57 [bblfish]
seems good to me
14:38:58 [mhausenblas]
ack Yves
14:39:14 [mhausenblas]
Yves: The FPWD need not be perfect
14:39:20 [mhausenblas]
Michael: +1000000000000
14:39:23 [oberger]
release early, release often
14:39:24 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
14:39:26 [bblfish]
+1
14:39:31 [Arnaud]
q?
14:39:36 [MacTed]
Zakim, unmute me
14:39:36 [Zakim]
MacTed should no longer be muted
14:39:41 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #ldp
14:40:09 [mhausenblas]
MacTed: Is that check with publication moratoriums, etc
14:40:25 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Agreed. Chairs and team contact will check
14:40:51 [sandro]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2012AprJun/0093.html
14:40:57 [sandro]
Publishing moratoria second half of 2012
14:41:18 [mhausenblas]
Michael: No publications the week of 29 October due to TPAC 2012:
14:41:24 [gavinc]
October 29th, till...?
14:41:24 [oberger]
sandro, may I ask what that is ?
14:41:43 [krp_]
krp_ has joined #ldp
14:43:11 [mhausenblas]
sandro: let everyon review and raise issues
14:43:17 [Yves]
<<
14:43:19 [Yves]
Entrance criteria: The Chair MUST record the group's decision to request advancement. Since this is the first time that a document with this short name appears in the Technical Reports index, Director approval is REQUIRED for the transition.
14:43:19 [mhausenblas]
q+ to propose reviewing process
14:43:20 [Yves]
>>
14:43:29 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:43:41 [mhausenblas]
ack me
14:43:41 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you wanted to propose reviewing process
14:45:03 [sandro]
mhausenblas: Let the chairs set a deadline by which time everyone has to RAISE any issues they have with the submission/fpwd
14:45:04 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:45:06 [sandro]
+1
14:45:30 [mhausenblas]
Michel: Suggest some 4 weeks WG-internal review period in which WG members can raise issues once ED is available
14:45:51 [mhausenblas]
s/Michel/Michael
14:45:53 [dret]
ACTION: chairs should define a timeline for working on the editor's draft and the FPWG
14:45:53 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - chairs
14:45:53 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: WG resolves that the FPWD should be published before TPAC
14:46:12 [mhausenblas]
SteveS: two action items really: create ED first and then resolve FPWD
14:46:59 [oberger]
and we're discussing things that weren't really on the agenda initially ?
14:47:07 [dret]
ACTION: Arnaud and dret define a timeline for working on the editor's draft and the FPWG
14:47:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-11 - And dret define a timeline for working on the editor's draft and the FPWG [on Arnaud Le Hors - due 2012-09-17].
14:47:14 [oberger]
of today's meeting I mean
14:47:18 [oberger]
just in case
14:47:37 [JohnArwe]
if you are using those "shared actions" to keep them on people's radar, since they get reviewed at the start of each mtg, not seeing the harm. true that editors could not unilaterally fulfill action, but we humans know that.
14:48:30 [Arnaud]
q?
14:48:37 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:48:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:48:40 [bblfish]
perhaps just make the chair responsible, and rephrase it: The chair opens discussion on the pre-published draft, and leaves 2-3 weeks for the questions before closing
14:48:49 [sandro]
sandro: step 1: editors turn submission into ED; step 2: each member of the WG raises all the issues they care about; step 3: editors make sure those issues are listed in the ED and get it publisehd as FPD.
14:48:57 [sandro]
s/FPD/FPWD
14:49:01 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Next meeting and F2F
14:49:23 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Next meeting is on September 17, 2012
14:49:29 [bblfish]
I have not registered, but count me in
14:49:32 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Please register at http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/F2F1
14:49:39 [bblfish]
ah
14:49:46 [sandro]
bblfish, we can't count you in until you've paid.
14:49:49 [mhausenblas]
chair: Arnaud
14:49:53 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:49:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:50:39 [bblfish]
ok, added myself to http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/F2F1#Participants
14:51:02 [bblfish]
ah, ok. got to pay too then
14:51:20 [Arnaud]
q?
14:51:36 [MacTed]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Sep/0001.html
14:52:16 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Assuming everyone is happy with the proposed way to go by Steve Battle, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Sep/0001.html
14:52:30 [sandro]
Not sure the ACL's on this page, but TPAC registration shows up here: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2012/registrants#LDP Seven attendees, two observers, so far.
14:52:41 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: No objections, so we assume we move on with this
14:52:54 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:52:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-minutes.html mhausenblas
14:53:44 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Use Cases and Requirements
14:53:55 [mhausenblas]
(scribe was sleeping, should really have been above)
14:54:03 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Serialization formats
14:54:11 [mhausenblas]
ISSUE-1?
14:54:11 [trackbot]
ISSUE-1 -- Determine minimum serialization format for RDF data model -- raised
14:54:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/1
14:54:41 [mhausenblas]
Arnaud: Seems we have wide agreement re Turtle
14:54:58 [gavinc]
q+ to recommend that this WG review Turtle before the end of it's Last Call period
14:55:09 [mhausenblas]
q?
14:55:25 [mhausenblas]
ack gavinc
14:55:25 [Zakim]
gavinc, you wanted to recommend that this WG review Turtle before the end of it's Last Call period
14:55:44 [mhausenblas]
gavinc: With my Turtle Editors hat on, I support Turtle as the default
14:55:53 [mhausenblas]
… LC for Turtle ends soon
14:55:58 [mhausenblas]
… comments are welcome
14:55:59 [bblfish]
ah it would be great to have = in turtle for owl:sameAs
14:56:04 [mhausenblas]
Michael: +1 to use Turtle
14:56:05 [gavinc]
http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/
14:56:22 [oberger]
http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/07/13/rdf-working-group-publishes-turtle-as-last-call-working-draft/
14:56:57 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: The WG decides to use RDF Turtle as the minimum serialization format
14:57:10 [SteveS]
+1
14:57:11 [gavinc]
+1 Yay Turtle
14:57:20 [mhausenblas]
Michael: +1
14:57:31 [bblfish]
+1 it's especially useful to have turtle in the examples in the spec
14:57:32 [MacTed]
+1
14:57:36 [rgarcia]
+1
14:57:39 [dret]
+1
14:57:42 [jkopecky]
+1 for turtle
14:57:43 [oberger]
+1 same as bblfish
14:57:44 [bblfish]
( rdf/xml is completely not understandable )
14:58:21 [mhausenblas]
Roger: I support RDF Turtle, JSON is also good
14:58:33 [jkopecky]
is RDF/JSON useful without code wrapping? If not, no diff from turtle
14:58:34 [Kalpa]
+1 for turtle
14:58:36 [dret]
we should have a few required formats as possible (for interop)
14:58:44 [dret]
s/a/as/
14:58:48 [mhausenblas]
Michael: +1 to dret
15:00:01 [mhausenblas]
q?
15:00:02 [bblfish]
I think we should definitely allow other formats om tje longer run. (perhaps there should be some documentation in there)
15:00:03 [SteveS]
Sounds like: Turtle = MUST, JSON-LD = SHOULD
15:00:17 [bblfish]
SteveS: +1
15:00:18 [sandro]
+1 for turtle as a minimum
15:00:22 [oberger]
and RDF/XML : shouldn't ?
15:00:35 [SteveS]
oberger: RDF/XML maybe just unsaid
15:00:42 [JohnArwe]
+1 turtle
15:00:43 [dret]
i like the MUST/SHOULD (recommended supported serializations) approach
15:00:51 [oberger]
SteveS, it seems so unpopular, that we might as well take a stance ? ;)
15:01:18 [SteveS]
oberger: my OSLC hat on, it will be a hard sell
15:01:22 [gavinc]
We *MUST* allow other formats, but I don't think we should require more than one
15:01:39 [oberger]
Eclipse... Lyo ;)
15:01:42 [bblfish]
yes SHOULD for RDF?XML
15:01:42 [sandro]
Arnaud: We might still REQUIRE or RECOMMEND other formats, although I agree one is probably best
15:01:54 [dret]
agreed to Arnaus, 1 is the best number, 2 may be acceptable, anything bigger is probably not a good idea for interop
15:02:02 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: The WG decides to use RDF Turtle as the minimum serialization format
15:02:10 [bblfish]
agree +1 for now Turtle is a MUST
15:02:14 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:02:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:02:21 [sandro]
+1 arnaud chairing today! :-)
15:02:24 [bblfish]
:)
15:02:28 [dret]
thanks everybody!
15:02:39 [Zakim]
-bblfish
15:02:39 [gavinc]
Please please please review http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/ or the edited ED http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/index.html#
15:02:51 [oberger]
bye
15:02:55 [mhausenblas]
(meeting adjourned)
15:02:58 [Zakim]
-Yves
15:03:00 [Zakim]
-SteveS
15:03:00 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:03:00 [Zakim]
-dret
15:03:01 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
15:03:01 [Zakim]
-rgarcia
15:03:03 [Zakim]
- +44.208.573.aagg
15:03:04 [Zakim]
-gavinc
15:03:06 [Zakim]
-MacTed
15:03:07 [Zakim]
-Arnaud
15:03:10 [Zakim]
-oberger
15:03:11 [Zakim]
- +1.937.775.aahh
15:03:13 [Zakim]
-jkopecky
15:03:34 [Kalpa]
zakim aahh is me
15:03:37 [Zakim]
-JohnArwe
15:03:38 [Zakim]
SW_LDP()10:00AM has ended
15:03:38 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.845.433.aaaa, Arnaud, +1.510.206.aabb, SteveS, JohnArwe, gavinc, +1.510.698.aacc, MacTed, +1.714.454.aadd, oberger, mhausenblas, bblfish, Sandro, dret,
15:03:38 [Zakim]
... +1.617.324.aaee, Karl, +1.617.324.aaff, Yves, rgarcia, krp, ghard, Ashok_Malhotra, +44.208.573.aagg, RezaBFar, +1.937.775.aahh, jkopecky
15:09:22 [AndyS]
AndyS has left #ldp
15:25:22 [mhausenblas]
trackbot, end telecon
15:25:22 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:25:22 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
15:25:30 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:25:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-minutes.html trackbot
15:25:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:25:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-actions.rdf :
15:25:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SteveS to publish member submission as FPWD with support of JohnArwe and mhausenblas [1]
15:25:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-irc#T14-30-50
15:25:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sspeiche to publish member submission as FPWD with support of JohnArwe and mhausenblas [2]
15:25:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-irc#T14-31-13
15:25:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: chairs should define a timeline for working on the editor's draft and the FPWG [3]
15:25:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-irc#T14-45-53
15:25:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Arnaud and dret define a timeline for working on the editor's draft and the FPWG [4]
15:25:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/09/10-ldp-irc#T14-47-07