IRC log of mlw-lt on 2012-05-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:03:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mlw-lt
14:03:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:03:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:03:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mlw-lt
14:03:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
14:03:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
14:03:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: MultilingualWeb-LT Working Group Teleconference
14:03:48 [trackbot]
Date: 31 May 2012
14:04:24 [Arle]
Scribe: dF
14:04:49 [Arle]
Topic: Agenda Review
14:05:42 [Yves_]
Yves_ has joined #mlw-lt
14:05:50 [dF]
Attnedance: dF, Arle, Milan, Moritz, Michael
14:05:54 [michael]
sorry, my microphone is not working...trying to fix it...
14:06:06 [dF]
+ Yves_
14:06:38 [dF]
We will review issue and action items
14:07:00 [dF]
Arle: Issue on archiving ITS mark up
14:07:05 [tadej]
tadej has joined #mlw-lt
14:08:05 [dF]
Action: Moritz to sort out Issue 23
14:08:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-97 - Sort out Issue 23 [on Moritz Hellwig - due 2012-06-07].
14:08:39 [dF]
This one is specifically in CMS, so natural for Cocomore to take care for
14:08:52 [dF]
Issue 16
14:10:06 [dF]
Action: Yves to create proposal for ITS variables, Issue 16
14:10:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-98 - Create proposal for ITS variables, Issue 16 [on Yves Savourel - due 2012-06-07].
14:10:18 [dF]
Yves: e-mail or wiki?
14:11:16 [dF]
Arle and David: Start on e-mail, later in wiki standard draft
14:11:42 [dF]
Issue 15 Traget Pointer
14:12:00 [dF]
Arle: probably hard to address without Pedro
14:12:10 [dF]
Yves_: No it is for me
14:12:18 [dF]
Arle: I was mixing it up
14:12:39 [dF]
Arle: maybe we close this one.. I do not see what the action is
14:15:49 [dF]
Action: Yves_ to summarize the Issue 15, target ponter
14:15:49 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Yves_
14:16:25 [dF]
Action: Yves_ to summarize the Issue 15 target pointer
14:16:25 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Yves_
14:17:14 [dF]
Action: Felix to clarify Issue 14
14:17:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-99 - Clarify Issue 14 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-06-07].
14:17:38 [dF]
Action: Yves to summarize the Issue 15 target pointer
14:17:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-100 - Summarize the Issue 15 target pointer [on Yves Savourel - due 2012-06-07].
14:19:47 [dF]
Dave: explains about Issue 14
14:20:07 [dF]
Arle: we need to table this one and cache without Pedro
14:21:09 [dF]
Action: Dave to update requirements document on cache category
14:21:09 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Dave
14:21:14 [daveL]
daveL has joined #mlw-lt
14:21:30 [dF]
Action: DaveL to update requirements document on cache category
14:21:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-101 - Update requirements document on cache category [on David Lewis - due 2012-06-07].
14:21:53 [dF]
change cache to localization cache
14:22:15 [dF]
Issue 20, using ITS globally in HTML 5
14:22:24 [dF]
Arle: This can probably be closed
14:22:48 [dF]
Action: Jirka to summarize Issue 20 for closing
14:22:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-102 - Summarize Issue 20 for closing [on Jirka Kosek - due 2012-06-07].
14:23:18 [Pedro]
Pedro has joined #mlw-lt
14:23:42 [dF]
Setting Issue 20 to pending review
14:24:12 [dF]
Pedro joining
14:24:29 [dF]
Arle recalls localization cache
14:24:46 [dF]
Dave: explains that he has taking this
14:25:44 [dF]
Arle: trying to establish if Issue 14 is connected to actions 80 and 95
14:26:07 [dF]
95 is to delete categories from action 80, MT disambiguation categories
14:29:09 [dF]
Issue 14 is related to closed actions 50 and 79 not to 80 and 95
14:29:27 [dF]
Probably a copy-paste error in creating agenda
14:29:59 [dF]
Issue 22
14:30:09 [dF]
Arle, probably cannot move before Dublin
14:30:31 [dF]
Dave: agree, we should discuss this in Dublin
14:30:57 [dF]
Isseu 22 is provenance and agents
14:32:21 [dF]
Action: DaveL to set the scene for Dublin discussion of Issue 22
14:32:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-103 - Set the scene for Dublin discussion of Issue 22 [on David Lewis - due 2012-06-07].
14:33:29 [dF]
Issue 9
14:33:41 [dF]
Dave: There was good discussion
14:34:16 [dF]
..segment marker is connected to this
14:34:37 [dF]
Arle: segment marker is temporarily on hold
14:34:57 [dF]
Arle: There was a similar discussion in XLIFF
14:35:04 [dF]
Yves: yes, it is similar
14:35:30 [dF]
Arle: Let us try to coordinate
14:35:56 [dF]
Dave: we should get a summary of the XLIFF discussion
14:36:24 [dF]
Action: Yves to summarize XLIFF discussion on segmentatiion marker
14:36:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-104 - Summarize XLIFF discussion on segmentatiion marker [on Yves Savourel - due 2012-06-07].
14:37:49 [dF]
dF: There is the fundamental difference. XLIFF controls its own namespace and can introduce elements
14:38:32 [dF]
.. MLW-LT cannot, we must work with attributes only due to HTML impact
14:38:46 [dF]
Dave: we should look into clear mapping
14:40:14 [dF]
dF: seprate issue for segmentation?
14:40:25 [dF]
Arle: I tend to go for a separate issue
14:41:11 [dF]
Arle: We already have Issue 12 on segmentation
14:41:24 [dF]
.. so we cannot close this one and need to do some more work on it
14:41:54 [dF]
Action: Arle to work more on issue 12 and bring it in context with ULI work
14:41:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-105 - Work more on issue 12 and bring it in context with ULI work [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-06-07].
14:42:32 [dF]
Issue 3
14:43:54 [dF]
Action 80 actually relates to Issue 3, MT disambuguation categories
14:43:54 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 80
14:45:59 [dF]
Action 95 was to dlete categories form Action 80 because there were no consumers for these categories
14:45:59 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 95
14:46:17 [dF]
Tadej: There was a discussion between Tadej and Pedro
14:47:38 [dF]
Tadej says that it would be easy to implement them as described by Pedro
14:47:40 [dF]
14:48:02 [dF]
dF: Tadej, are you proposing to cancel action 95?
14:48:55 [dF]
Pedro: there are three tyopes of reference materials: concepts, meanings, terms
14:49:52 [dF]
Pedro: It is true that not many are using this time of information currently, but it should help us in coordination with other wgs working on ontologies
14:50:30 [dF]
Tadej: the action said delte unless
14:50:57 [dF]
.. in Tadej view good examples were provided, so the action should just be closed
14:52:01 [dF]
DaveL: discussed this data cetagory at LREC
14:52:35 [dF]
..LREC people were supportive of standardized ways of referencing
14:52:55 [dF]
Pedro: restates the concept, meaning, term difference
14:54:38 [dF]
DaveL: on Dublin, we should assign mediators to working sessions
14:55:09 [dF]
Arle: agrees
14:55:27 [dF]
Topic: Next Steps
14:55:47 [dF]
There was a discussion with LT-Web WP owners
14:56:54 [dF]
Arle: table assigning categories to WPs will be distributed to LT-Web project participants before Dublin
14:57:02 [dF]
Pedro: Once in a good shape
14:57:32 [dF]
Moritz: next week holiday in Germany
14:58:10 [dF]
Pedro: Lot of things to be closed in Dublin
14:59:12 [dF]
dF: Why not to skip the next meeting?
14:59:28 [dF]
Arle: yes, let us cancel it, but do follow up on e-mails
15:00:07 [dF]
Pedro request a meeting on WP4 in Dublin
15:00:15 [dF]
zakim create minutes
15:00:47 [dF]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:00:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dF
15:09:25 [tadej]
tadej has left #mlw-lt
16:34:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mlw-lt