Internationalization Core Working Group Teleconference

01 Feb 2012


See also: IRC log


Addison, Richard, Mati, Norbert, David, Gwyneth
Addison Phillips
Addison Phillips



Action Items

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

close ACTION-91

<trackbot> ACTION-91 Write to CSS style list strongly opposing surrogate pair escapes in CSS and citing CharMod closed


<r12a> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Feb/0006.html

Info Share

Microsoft is supporting the <bdi> tag in IE (IE11??)

richard: last night (my night) Unicode 6.1 was released

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/blog/International/2012/02/01/unicode-version-6-1-announced/

<r12a> http://rishida.net/scripts/uniview/

richard: and my Uniview is 6.1 enabled

<r12a> http://rishida.net/blog/?p=791

<David> firefox releas note saying <bdi> is supported http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/10.0/releasenotes/

Topic: Selecting glyph variants [

16:14] aphillip: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2012JanMar/0026.html

[16:15] aphillip: http://www.w3.org/International/O-MissCharGlyph#GlyphVariant

[16:17] aphillip: norbert: anyone read this?

[16:17] aphillip: richard: at least four

[16:20] aphillip: richard: L10N World will be in Paris in June and they want a one-day Unicode track

[16:20] aphillip: ... and they are interested in having more speakers; contact me if interested

[16:21] aphillip: ... that was an impromtu info share

[16:22] aphillip: richard: could put in a general para

[16:22] aphillip: ... Css3 is putting in some properties for selecting variant glyphs

[16:22] aphillip: ... and are beginning to be implemented

[16:22] aphillip: ... and leave it at that

[16:26] aphillip: ACTION: addison: contact martin and ask if he'd like to update the misscharglyph page

[16:26] trackbot: Created ACTION-92 - Contact martin and ask if he'd like to update the misscharglyph page [on Addison Phillips - due 2012-02-08].

[16:26] aphillip: norbert: and mention all the other things that need repair (unicode 3.2 links, etc.)

[16:26] aphillip: Topic: Code Points and CSS

[16:28] aphillip: Topic: Ruby Discussion

[16:28] aphillip: koji: will summarize

[16:31] aphillip: ... mike thinks HTML WG won't accept change

[16:36] aphillip: richard: need to mention accessibility issue?

[16:36] aphillip: koji: adding examples of double-sided ruby

[16:37] aphillip: addison: need to pull together at our next week's teleconference

[16:38] aphillip: Topic: AOB?

[16:38] aphillip: richard: need to look at pipelines and radars?

[16:39] r12a: http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Pipeline

[16:39] aphillip: Koji: UTR#50

[16:39] aphillip: ... feedback closed January 30th

[16:40] aphillip: ... and UTC meeting upcoming (conflicts with Style meeting)

[16:40] aphillip: ... still unstable and may need another review period

[16:40] aphillip: ... microsoft said they might propose a different proposal

[16:40] aphillip: ... but work delayed until next week

[16:40] aphillip: ... so not until right before UTC

[16:40] aphillip: ... so may be two proposals appearing

[16:40] aphillip: ... and have review period for that

[16:41] aphillip: ... that's what I hope

[16:41] aphillip: ... but up to UTC

[16:41] kojiishi: http://www.unicode.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=250

[16:42] aphillip: chair: anyone oppose/support opinion for more review needed?

[16:43] aphillip: richard: need to put on review radar

[16:43] aphillip: koji: scope issue

[16:43] aphillip: ... currently tries to handle both spacing between characters (only for Japanese)

[16:43] aphillip: ... and also vertical

[16:43] aphillip: ... fantasai and I suggest separate spec for that

[16:43] aphillip: ... need a globally scoped vertical spec

[16:44] aphillip: ... maybe microsoft supports same opinion

[16:44] aphillip: ... but editor disagrees

[16:44] aphillip: ... spacing is very complex

[16:44] aphillip: ... in link above I requested both additional review and to remove spacing classes

[16:46] aphillip: ACTION: addison: comment on behalf of WG in Unicode forum expressing support for an additional review period for UTR#50

[16:46] trackbot: Created ACTION-93 - Comment on behalf of WG in Unicode forum expressing support for an additional review period for UTR#50 [on Addison Phillips - due 2012-02-08].

[16:46] r12a: http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Core_Pipeline

[16:47] aphillip: JLReq2 now out of wide review

[16:56] aphillip: http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

[16:59] r12a: http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/review-instructions

[16:59] aphillip: richard: reminder of the lovely process

[17:00] r12a: ACTION: Richard to make tracker products for utr50 and CSS Basic User Interface

[17:00] trackbot: Created ACTION-94 - Make tracker products for utr50 and CSS Basic User Interface [on Richard Ishida - due 2012-02-08].

[17:01] aphillip: Topic: AOB?

[17:01] r12a: ACTION: Richard to look at making WEb Services draft a deprecated Note

[17:01] trackbot: Created ACTION-95 - Look at making WEb Services draft a deprecated Note [on Richard Ishida - due 2012-02-08].

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/02/01 18:51:49 $