From Provenance WG Wiki
Agenda PROV-WG telecon 25 Aug 2011
Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): - Thursdays, 8 am San Francisco, 11 am Boston, 4 pm London, 5 pm Paris - For up to 90 minutes, goal is 60 minutes. - Dial +1-617-761-6200 or sip:email@example.com then conference code 7768# - IRC channel: #prov (http://irc.w3.org/?channels=prov). - Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html - RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent - Scribe list: http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Scribes
- Chair: Luc Moreau
- PROPOSED to accept the minutes of Aug 18 telecon
- Action items to review:
- Name of the standard
Provenance Implementation and Test Cases
- Finalization of 2nd Questionnaire
Named graphs requirements
- Liaison with RDF working group (Luc)
- RDF WG
- one of the main challenges for the RDF WG is to define a suitable mechanism for supporting multiple ("named") graphs in RDF .
- several proposals have been discussed over the past few months (e.g. ).
-  http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-Graphs
-  http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/wiki/TF-Graphs/RDF-Datasets-Proposal
- Process to capture PROV-WG requirements on named graphs
Adopting naming conventions
Reaching consensus on naming conventions for both the model and the ontology.
- To adopt camel case notation. In OWL, classes begin with upper case, and properties begin with lower case.
- Nodes (in the graphical representation)
- To express nodes in noun form
- e.g., entity, processExecution, agent
- e.g., Entity, ProcessExecution, Agent
- Edges (in the graphical representation)
- To express edges in verbal form
- e.g., uses, isControlledBy, isComplementOf
- e.g., isControlledBy, isDerivedFrom
- Edge directionality
- Edges that indicate event ordering must point "towards the past".
- Tense: we'll debate whether we want present or past tense for edges.
- OWL ontology progress review (Satya and Tim)
- Feedback from trying out the use case (Helena Deus)
Provenance Model Document
- Soliciting feedback