The PROV tutorial at the EDBT conference
The PROV tutorial at EDBT 2013 was presented on March, 20, 2013 in Genova, Italy.
This tutorial presents PROV as a relational data model with constraints and inference rules, supported by a (nearly) relational notation (PROV-N).
The tutorial is in three parts, each about 30 minutes long, and consists of the following material:
- Part I: The PROV Data Model and PROV Notation (Paolo Missier) .
- Part II: Constraints of the Provenance Model (James Cheney).
- Reference document: PROV-CONSTR
- Part III: Known extensions and applications (Khalid Belhajjame).
- Reference document: PROV Implementations
There is also a short paper describing the motivation, structure and content of the tutorial, published in the EDBT'13 proceedings: The W3C PROV family of specifications for modelling provenance metadata, Paolo Missier, Khalid Belhajjame, and James Cheney