Agenda GLD-WG telecon 24 Jan 2013
Last modified on 24 January 2013, at 00:08
Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco,
15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris).
Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only):
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then
conference code 45394# ("GLDWG")
IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665
An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
Main Page for GLD Working Group
W3C Telecon Resources:
Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent
Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe
Publishing Minutes instructions:
IRC via W3 website: http://irc.w3.org/ channel="GLD"
W3C GLD Mailing Lists:
Public GLD mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg
Members only mailing list: mailto:email@example.com
GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact GLD Chairs
W3C GLD Resources:
# Planning for transitions to Recommendation. See Reference Rec track process
Preliminary Items (~5 minutes)
- Scribe volunteer please
- Proposal to accept the 2013-01-17 minutes.
- Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG
- Any new GLD members on the call today? Please introduce yourself :)
- Check out our main wiki page with deliverables status, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Main_Page.
Main Agenda (~45 minutes)
- Best Practices status & next steps (Bern, Boris)
- Linked Data Glossary status & next steps (Bern, Ghislain)
- DCAT status & next steps (Fadi)
- Reminder: Next (and last) F2F Planning (April 11-12, 2013)
- Bern is coordinating with Elena Simperl (Soton)on logistics in Dublin. She is asking for number of expected participants, and topics. Anyone planning to submit to the EDF?
- Deirdre / DERI offered to host in Galway - discuss
- Tracker Review
- Open items, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/open
- Raised items, http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/raised
- 2013 GLD WG F2F Thur-Friday 11-12 April 2012 in Dublin.
- To be coincident with the European Data Forum Tues-Wed April 9-10, 2013. The EDF series is a joint activity of the EC FP7 projects BIG, LOD2, and PlanetData and is supported by the European Commission. See http://2013.data-forum.eu/
Announcements & Resources
- European Data Forum 2013 - Call for Contribution
- 9-10 April 2013 in Dublin, Ireland. Submissions should be sent via mail to: email@example.com
- The deadline for submissions is: 22nd Feb 2013, 02.00pm CET
- Details on the Call for Contribution: http://bit.ly/EDF2013-CfC
- Congratulations! Two W3C members have participated in writing a book titled "Linked Data" by David Wood (co-chair W3C RDF Working Group, member LDP WG), Marsha Zaidman, Luke Ruth and Michael Hausenblas (W3C Advisory Group, member GLD WG & others), see http://www.manning.com/dwood/
- The book will teach Web developers how to create, manage and publish Linked Data.
- Chair: Bernadette
- Scribe: TBD
- Alternate: TBD
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#gld) by typing 'trackbot, start telecon'
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Who's present?
- Who has sent regrets?
- Review meeting agenda
- Call for next week's agenda items
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist: