Agenda GLD-WG telecon 08 November 2012
Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris). Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group IRC via W3 website: http://irc.w3.org/ channel="GLD" W3C GLD Mailing Lists: Public GLD mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg Members only mailing list: mailto:email@example.com GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact GLD Chairs
W3C GLD Resources: # Planning for transitions to Recommendation. See Reference Rec track process
Preliminary Items (~10 minutes)
- Scribe volunteer please
- Proposal to accept the 2012-10-25 minutes.
- Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG
- Any new GLD members on the call today? Please introduce yourself :)
Main Agenda (~30 minutes)
Review of TPAC 2012, 29-Oct to 1-Nov, 2012, Lyon France
- Blog post by W3C Team, http://storify.com/w3cteam/tpac2012-see-sketch-and-fun
- Blog post by Bernadette, an executive summary of TPAC 2012, see http://3roundstones.com/2012/11/08/tpac-2012-liberte-and-the-open-web-platform/
- Blog post by Bernadette, a detailed day-by-day with photos review of TPAC 2012, see http://3roundstones.com/2012/11/08/tpac-2012-4-days-of-open-web-standards-nouvelle-cuisine/
- Review of UK Government Linked Data Working Group (Nov 5, 2012) - anyone?
- 5-Nov-2012 - UK Government Linked Data Working Group - Quick Start Team are running an event for anyone interested in being a part of the UK Government Linked Data Working Group (@UKGovLD). The event will help us build UKGovLD ahead of major efforts next year to drive the Linked Data agenda forward. The event will enable participants to share experiences and to help support and forward the work that is already happening across government in the creation and publication of Linked Data. Details on UKGovLD
Upcoming Meeting Agenda Planning (~10 minutes)
- Next F2F - let's identify a date & venue please
- Phil suggested The European Data Forum (EDF) 2013.
- Takes place on April 9-10, 2013 in Dublin (Ireland).
- The EDF series is a joint activity of the EC FP7 projects BIG, LOD2, and PlanetData and is supported by the European Commission. See http://2013.data-forum.eu/
- Agenda for the remainder of 2012
- Review of Actions in the Issue Tracker & confirm relevancy.
- Revisit ISA Programme vocabs in at 22-Nov meeting, after ISWC since a number of people from our WG will be there.
- Confirmed that our Google Hangout Date is Thursday, 6-Dec 2012
Announcements (~5 minutes)
- Open Data et Linked Open Data, by Bert Bos at W3C Day 2012 
- Liaison to Schema.org initiative - see 
- Chair: Bernadette
- Scribe: PhilA
- Alternate: TBD
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG) by typing 'trackbot, start telecon'
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Who's present?
- Who has sent regrets?
- Review meeting agenda
- Call for next week's agenda items
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, generate minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/2012/gld/meeting/yyyy-mm-dd
- Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"
- TPAC2012, UK Gov LD WG