Agenda GLD-WG telecon 25 October 2012
Last modified on 25 October 2012, at 00:50
Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco,
15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris).
Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only):
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then
conference code 45394# ("GLDWG")
IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665
An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
Main Page for GLD Working Group
W3C Telecon Resources:
Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent
Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe
Publishing Minutes instructions:
IRC via W3 website: http://irc.w3.org/ channel="GLD"
W3C GLD Mailing Lists:
Public GLD mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg
Members only mailing list: mailto:email@example.com
GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact GLD Chairs
W3C GLD Resources:
# Planning for transitions to Recommendation. See Reference Rec track process
Preliminary Items (~5 minutes)
- Scribe volunteer please
- Proposal to accept the 2012-10-11 minutes.
- Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG
- Any new GLD members on the call today? Please introduce yourself :)
Main Agenda (~50 minutes)
- A victory lap for editors & reviewers of the ORG Vocab going to Last Call
- ORG Vocab moved to Last Call on 23-Oct-2012 with a date of Sunday 25th November as the end of the LC period.
- Many thanks to Dave Reynolds (Epimorphics Ltd) and the contributors who provided valuable feedback to reach this milestone.
- ADMS (PhilA), see ADMS
- Is there support for getting ADMS to FPWD with namespace docs in place this month? Do we need more time to discuss going to FPWD?
- DCAT (Fadi), see DCAT
- Decision on Linked Data Glossary, W3 Working Note or wiki?
- Agreed to put on Web Platform Docs, 
- Last call for input for TPAC session for this WG: see Publishing High Quality Data Session Breakout at TPAC
- Specifically, share how you're publishing and/or consuming Linked Data, inside or outside the firewall.
Upcoming Meeting Agenda Planning (~5 minutes)
- Agenda, Announcements, Scribes
- Planning for TPAC
- Update Scribes and Regrets pages
Announcements (~5 minutes)
- 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012 TPAC in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon. TPAC Schedule
- 5-Nov-2012 - UK Government Linked Data Working Group - Quick Start Team are running an event for anyone interested in being a part of the UK Government Linked Data Working Group (@UKGovLD). The event will help us build UKGovLD ahead of major efforts next year to drive the Linked Data agenda forward. The event will enable participants to share experiences and to help support and forward the work that is already happening across government in the creation and publication of Linked Data. Details on UKGovLD
- Liaison to Schema.org initiative - see 
- Any one attend (October 15-19) conference in Wadern, Germany. DDI is a documentation initiative of microdata. Related to QB work (statistics, pre-processing, provenance, versioning). Example achievement of last workshop: draft SKOS extension ISO Extensions to SKOS Website: http://www.gesis.org/en/events/gesis-workshops/ddi/
- Other announcements?
- Chair: Bernadette
- Scribe: TBD
- Alternate: TBD
- Regrets: Biplav Srivastava (at conference), Boris Villazon-Terrazas (Project Meeting), Benedikt (conference)
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG) by typing 'trackbot, start telecon'
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Who's present?
- Who has sent regrets?
- Review meeting agenda
- Call for next week's agenda items
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist: