Agenda GLD-WG telecon 13 October 2011
Thursdays 14:00-15:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris) Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:firstname.lastname@example.org then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day or two.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group W3C Mailing Lists: GLD WG public mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Jul/ GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:email@example.com Contact GLD Chairs
- Chair: George Thomas
- Scribe: Tina Gheen (as per GLD Mtg Scribes).
- Alternate: Gerald Steeman
This is our twelfth telecon.
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG)
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Review Preliminary items (~10 minutes):
- Who's present?
- More new GLD members! Any present on the call today?
- Member's view of the participants
- Agenda review
- Call for next week's agenda items
The agenda for this meeting will be:
- Recap of last week (~10 minutes)
- Vocabulary discussion with Phil Archer from W3 eGov on SEMIC.EU (~30 minutes)
- Facebook Open Graph Schemas - notice (~10 minutes)
- See LOD list message from Jesse Weaver @ RPI
- Next Meeting preparation (~10 minutes)
- W3 TPAC
- Santa Clara Marriott, Santa Clara, California, (Silicon Valley) USA 31 October to 4 November 2011
- W3C GLD WG Second F2F, @ DERI Galway, 25-26 Jan 2012
- ISWC 2011 - 10th International Semantic Web Conference, October 23-27, 2011 - Bonn Germany: EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 10
- Open Government Data Camp 2011 - see http://ogdcamp.org/cfp/
- Government Linked Data Workshop & Panel - this the WG's talk
- Implementation of European Commission Open Data portal - SMART 2011/0050: see http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/itemlongdetail.cfm?item_id=7192
- (19/07/2011) The purpose of this tender is the purchase of services: to develop and administer a web portal to act as single point of access to data sets produced and held by European Commission services (and by extension to data sets produced and held by other European Institutions/bodies and other public bodies); to assist the Commission with the definition and implementation of a data set publication process; to assist the Commission with the preparation of data sets for publication via the portal; to assist the Commission in supporting for engaging the stakeholders' community interested in re-using the published data sets.
- SemTech in Washington DC, 29 Nov to 1 Dec 2011
- SemTech in Berlin, Germany 6-7 Feb 2012
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, generate minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/yyyy-mm-dd
- Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"
- Weekly telecon
- SEMIC.EU, GLD Standard Vocabularies