Last modified on 19 January 2012, at 16:15
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
15:03:29 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 15:03:29 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-gld-irc 15:03:31 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 15:03:33 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD 15:03:34 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 15:03:34 <trackbot> Date: 19 January 2012 15:03:39 <Spyros> Spyros has joined #gld 15:03:41 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld 15:03:41 <bhyland> #GLDWG 15:03:47 <cygri> zakim, this will be GLD 15:03:56 <cygri> zakim, who is on the phone? 15:03:56 <gatemezin> scribe:gatemezin 15:03:57 <Zakim> ok, cygri, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started 15:03:59 <Zakim> +rreck 15:04:07 <Zakim> On the phone I see davidwood, raphael, BenediktKaempgen, [LC], ??P22, +35389466aaaa, ??P24, GeraldSteeman, rreck 15:04:14 <GeraldSteeman> GeraldSteeman has joined #GLD 15:04:15 <bhyland> zakim, who is on call? 15:04:17 <cygri> zakim, aaaa is me 15:04:17 <tgheen> Zakim, [LC] is me 15:04:21 <gatemezin> Chair:bhyland 15:04:22 <rreck> zakim, mute me 15:04:28 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call 15:04:31 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, bhyland. 15:04:33 <Zakim> +cygri; got it 15:04:36 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 15:04:37 <Zakim> +tgheen; got it 15:04:37 <gatemezin> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120119 15:04:41 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted 15:04:43 <rreck> can we edit zakim code? 15:04:47 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the call', bhyland 15:04:57 <Zakim> On the phone I see davidwood, raphael, BenediktKaempgen, tgheen, ??P22, cygri, ??P24, GeraldSteeman, rreck (muted) 15:05:04 <bhyland> #GLDWG 15:05:04 <boris> hi everyone 15:05:12 <Zakim> + +34.91.336.aabb 15:05:12 <gatemezin> hi Boris!! 15:05:14 <Zakim> +??P32 15:05:14 <rreck> yes 15:05:20 <rreck> as in make it more felxioble 15:05:26 <rreck> zakim, unmute me 15:05:26 <Zakim> rreck should no longer be muted 15:05:27 <boris> zakim, aabb is boris 15:05:28 <Zakim> +boris; got it 15:05:39 <Zakim> + +1.202.691.aacc 15:05:44 <olyerickson> Zakim, ??P32 is me. 15:05:45 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it 15:05:49 <gatemezin> zakim, who is here? 15:05:50 <Zakim> On the phone I see davidwood, raphael, BenediktKaempgen, tgheen, ??P22, cygri, ??P24, GeraldSteeman, rreck, boris, olyerickson, +1.202.691.aacc 15:05:55 <Zakim> On IRC I see GeraldSteeman, Zakim, Spyros, RRSAgent, boris, olyerickson, tgheen, BenediktKaempgen, gatemezin, bhyland, MacTed, cygri, DaveReynolds, danbri, rreck, trackbot, sandro 15:06:07 <dvilasuero> dvilasuero has joined #gld 15:06:17 <boris> zakim, dvilasuero is with me 15:06:17 <Zakim> +dvilasuero; got it 15:07:30 <bhyland> Agenda bashing for a minute: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120119#Agenda 15:07:36 <gatemezin> bhyland: last meeting before the F2F....regrets send by George 15:07:53 <gatemezin> bhyland: Is there any thing to add in the agenda? 15:08:39 <rreck> i would like to comment on the URI section today. 15:08:42 <Zakim> +sandro 15:08:43 <olyerickson> RE agenda, got it, thanks 15:08:44 <gatemezin> John: Is this today agenda or the F2f one? 15:08:48 <sandro> (sorry I'm late!) 15:09:08 <DanG> DanG has joined #gld 15:09:46 <gatemezin> John: Will not be present for the F2F. sorry about that. 15:09:56 <rreck> oops 15:10:00 <rreck> zakim, unmute me 15:10:00 <Zakim> rreck was not muted, rreck 15:10:11 <gatemezin> Zakim, who is speaking? 15:10:22 <Zakim> gatemezin, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: davidwood (43%), rreck (9%) 15:10:48 <DaveReynolds> I won't, I will dial in when I can 15:10:48 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me 15:10:48 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it 15:11:00 <GeraldSteeman> I'll be dialing in. 15:11:16 <bhyland> Minutes from last week to approve: 15:11:16 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-12 15:11:18 <gatemezin> bhyland: quick look at the last week meeting 15:11:29 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 to minutes 15:11:50 <boris> +1 15:11:53 <rreck> +1 minutes 15:11:53 <gatemezin> bhyland: thanks Sandro for cleaning the minutes 15:12:00 <gatemezin> +1 15:12:17 <bhyland> Action items: 15:12:17 <trackbot> Sorry, bad ACTION syntax 15:12:17 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/ 15:12:27 <DruidSmith> DruidSmith has joined #gld 15:12:32 <gatemezin> RESOLUTION: minutes of the last meeting approved 15:13:16 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/9 15:13:24 <Zakim> +DruidSmith 15:13:41 <gatemezin> bhyland: do you have something written for the pragmatic... 15:14:09 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen 15:14:16 <bhyland> Topic: Pragmatic Provenance for Best Practices 15:14:20 <Zakim> +??P44 15:14:57 <gatemezin> John: Pragmatic requires original thinking.... 15:15:05 <olyerickson> Will do : EOD tomorrow (Friday) 15:16:05 <john> john has joined #gld 15:16:07 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen 15:16:21 <gatemezin> bhyland: For right now, put a place holder in the wiki and discussion in the F2F 15:16:31 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/11 15:16:44 <olyerickson> woot! 15:16:53 <gatemezin> bhyland: please to say it is done!! Great! 15:16:57 <boris> thanks bhyland 15:17:19 <gatemezin> Good job, bhyland. 15:18:09 <sandro> action-11? 15:18:09 <trackbot> ACTION-11 -- Bernadette Hyland to add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki -- due 2011-10-13 -- OPEN 15:18:09 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/11 15:18:17 <sandro> close action-11 15:18:17 <trackbot> ACTION-11 Add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki closed 15:18:23 <sandro> action-11? 15:18:23 <trackbot> ACTION-11 -- Bernadette Hyland to add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki -- due 2011-10-13 -- CLOSED 15:18:23 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/11 15:18:32 <gatemezin> Zakim, who is here? 15:18:33 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, raphael, tgheen, ??P22, cygri, ??P24, GeraldSteeman, rreck, boris, olyerickson, +1.202.691.aacc, sandro, DruidSmith, ??P44, BenediktKaempgen 15:18:36 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero 15:18:37 <Zakim> On IRC I see john, DruidSmith, DanG, dvilasuero, GeraldSteeman, Zakim, Spyros, RRSAgent, boris, olyerickson, tgheen, BenediktKaempgen, gatemezin, bhyland, MacTed, cygri, 15:18:41 <Zakim> ... DaveReynolds, danbri, rreck, trackbot, sandro 15:19:28 <bhyland> close action-13 15:19:28 <trackbot> ACTION-13 Post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki closed 15:20:05 <bhyland> Action 18 15:20:05 <trackbot> Sorry, bad ACTION syntax 15:20:11 <bhyland> close action-18 15:20:11 <trackbot> ACTION-18 Agreed to facilitate initial wiki draft on Vocab page on VCAT. closed 15:20:17 <gatemezin> ??: couple of update to do for the action 13 15:21:12 <bhyland> close action-23 15:21:12 <trackbot> ACTION-23 Hyland to contact Top Quadrant (David Price) closed 15:22:19 <bhyland> close action-27 15:22:20 <trackbot> ACTION-27 Confirm when US Bureau of Labor Stats can be open for our meeting closed 15:22:38 <bhyland> RE: F2F in DC - we can check in as early as 6:30AM start. 15:22:50 <Zakim> +MikePendleton 15:22:52 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld 15:22:54 <bhyland> close action-28 15:22:54 <trackbot> ACTION-28 Agree to clean up unknown references for Mike Pendleton's name in last week's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05 closed 15:23:21 <rreck> I have completed my action item 15:24:18 <gatemezin> Topic: F2F Agenda 15:24:47 <bhyland> Review of Day #1 - http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#Agenda 15:24:57 <gatemezin> bhyland: Is there any specific things to add? 15:26:39 <rreck> i think Anne (who is not here) was hoping to talk the first day. Apparently there is no time available. 15:26:40 <bhyland> Introducing Spyros Kotoulas (IBM) 15:27:04 <bhyland> IBM Research Dublin. Focus is on RDF Data Management 15:27:21 <BenediktKaempgen> Hi Spyros. 15:27:22 <bhyland> Biplav invited Spyros. 15:27:27 <olyerickson> Trying to get edits to F2F agenda to update... 15:28:57 <gatemezin> bhyland: Encourage people to do small presentations for the discussion, link them to the W3C site 15:29:18 <bhyland> q? 15:30:32 <gatemezin> bhyland: the presentation is done by the facilitator to help people get people more involved 15:30:55 <gatemezin> ..after the presentation, have time to discussion 15:31:22 <rreck> i cant commit Anne, but if I cant get in touch with her, I would commit to Wed 15:31:38 <gatemezin> bhyland: welcome contribution in the agenda.. 15:32:26 <gatemezin> John: won't be able for the first session? 15:32:38 <olyerickson> Arrrgh 15:32:39 <gatemezin> John: It is hard to hear you.. 15:32:44 <olyerickson> Buy the man an Internet 15:32:53 <cygri> buy him a phone! 15:32:54 <olyerickson> I'm confirmed for 11a leading URInp 15:32:54 <sandro> or a telephone. :-) 15:33:02 <olyerickson> VERmont 15:33:03 <boris> q+ 15:33:06 <olyerickson> NH 15:33:25 <rreck> q+ 15:33:26 <olyerickson> Looking forward to leading URI discussion on Thurday 15:33:55 <bhyland> Boris said his colleagues Daniel will collaborate with John on URI construction. 15:33:58 <olyerickson> Weds 15:34:00 <olyerickson> sorry 15:34:42 <gatemezin> boris: coming to Ireland...and that Daniel will collaborate preparing some slides 15:35:01 <olyerickson> Can someone please explain why F2F Wiki isn't updating?!?! 15:36:07 <cygri> q+ 15:36:23 <DaveReynolds> Surely that won't be a formal W3C Rec track document will it ? 15:36:26 <bhyland> Topic: What level of "supported" or stable does something we recommend in a W3C Recommendation? 15:36:44 <bhyland> @DaveReynolds - are you talking generally or specifically about the LOD Cookbook 15:37:17 <DaveReynolds> @bhyland anything that recommends say specific tools 15:37:42 <bhyland> For example, only use stable vocabulary X, Y or Z. 15:38:16 <olyerickson> Zakim, who is speaking? 15:38:26 <Zakim> olyerickson, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds 15:38:44 <gatemezin> cygri: for services, we should see the operate the tool; ask the provider before putting in the w3c recommendation 15:38:51 <bhyland> MichaelHausenblas - would only be appropriate to mention something in a W3C Recommendation if we've asked the provider what their support plan is for a given tool. 15:38:54 <rreck> +1 what a great idea 15:39:47 <olyerickson> In some cases (older I think) W3C has hosted reference implementations and tools (w.g. validator, etc) 15:40:01 <cygri> s/MichaelHausenblas/cygri/ 15:40:02 <DaveReynolds> Very worried to hear that W3C is planning to recommend specific tools in a Rec track document. 15:40:19 <gatemezin> s/MichaelHausenblas/cygri 15:40:59 <olyerickson> Issue for Best Practices: Please advise where to insert Practical Provenance discussion 15:41:01 <sandro> DaveReynolds, I didn't hear that said, unless you consider RDF vocabs as tools.... 15:41:19 <bhyland> q? 15:41:26 <cygri> ack me 15:41:45 <gatemezin> Zakim, who is speaking? 15:41:54 <DaveReynolds> sandro, I heard "tools" a couple of times. It if is really only stable, supported vocabs then that would be fine. 15:41:55 <Zakim> gatemezin, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (43%), sandro (21%), MikePendleton (4%) 15:41:57 <boris> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary 15:42:09 <bhyland> q? 15:42:09 <sandro> ack boris 15:42:13 <bhyland> q- boris 15:42:15 <olyerickson> RE Best Practices "Practical Provenance" I propose adding 2.2.8 Pragmatic Provenance 15:42:28 <gatemezin> boris: made some comments in vocab selection 15:43:09 <bhyland> ack rreck 15:43:12 <bhyland> q? 15:43:22 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary 15:44:26 <bhyland> Topic: Procurement Guidance for government procurement officials 15:45:26 <gatemezin> ??: Did an overview of categories for contract officers, procurement checklists also provided 15:45:27 <bhyland> Mike_Pendleton is segmenting out the main sections that would make sense to a procurement officer or his/her technical officer or representative 15:45:47 <gatemezin> s/??/Mike_Pendleton 15:46:58 <gatemezin> Mike_Pendleton: security issue to be faced in the case of US...not sure is the case in Europe 15:48:17 <bhyland> Mike_Pendleton: Questioned whether security plan is universal. 15:48:44 <bhyland> Discussed: Reference card that has text from a Recommendation, but in a handy reference card PDF with W3C logo on it ... 15:49:45 <gatemezin> bhyland: Need a clear description for the governments... 15:50:38 <gatemezin> bhyland: Mike_¨Pendleton to be added in the agenda of day 2, F2F. 15:50:45 <cygri> +1 15:50:46 <DaveReynolds> Structure is certainly not universal 15:51:05 <DaveReynolds> Seems to assume broad arch appraoch 15:51:13 <rreck> i think it is a can of worms and would warrant a long time 15:51:25 <DaveReynolds> +1 to rreck 15:52:54 <bhyland> RE: Security Plan - I'm just suggesting a template with some info specific to LOD that would help people get LOD projects fielded. 15:53:42 <DaveReynolds> Different for hosted, cloud hosted, agency hosted, multi-agency collaboration - not a single template 15:56:37 <bhyland> +1 Dave 15:56:47 <olyerickson> Unless there is something very specific concerning LGD we can offer, we can only advise that stakeholders follow whatever they are supposed to follow 15:57:08 <olyerickson> ...re security 15:57:12 <gatemezin> Mike_Pendleton will just propose security plans that are already out there.. 15:57:45 <gatemezin> Zakim, who is speaking? 15:57:52 <rreck> rreck 15:57:55 <Zakim> gatemezin, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (46%), MikePendleton (2%) 15:58:49 <gatemezin> bhyland: do anything someone wants to update before the F2F? 15:59:27 <bhyland> Ron, URI's don't need to resolve, you are correct. 15:59:38 <bhyland> We'll fix any errors — we are in the draft stage. 16:00:47 <olyerickson> Our job isn't into explain URIs or enter into existential URI discussions 16:01:03 <john> can chip in a few words on GeoSparql (goodwin not sheridan) 16:01:12 <bhyland> @RonReck - What is the page where you've seen an error? 16:01:17 <olyerickson> I think we should only go into suggestions of syntax 16:01:19 <rreck> i dont think they are existential 16:01:32 <bhyland> Topic: GeoSparql at final draft stage 16:01:40 <rreck> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.3_URI_Construction 16:02:05 <john> geosparql draft: https://portal.opengeospatial.org/twiki/pub/GEOSPARQLswg/WebHome/11-052r4_GeoSPARQL_-_A_Geographic_Query_Language_for_RDF_Data-01-13-12.doc 16:02:59 <gatemezin> bhyland: send email for the presentation on monday .... 16:03:00 <BenediktKaempgen> What is the paasword for the draft? 16:03:06 <john> (sorry seems to be members only link). Will update when draft is public 16:03:29 <bhyland> cygri: RE: DERI F2F & Galway activities - see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#European_Location_.E2.80.93_Galway.2C_Ireland 16:03:41 <bhyland> cygri will email people with watering location. 16:03:46 <gatemezin> cygri: will orgranize something the day before in Ireland 16:04:01 <DanG> Bye all 16:04:03 <DaveReynolds> bye all 16:04:08 <olyerickson> Thanks everyone! 16:04:09 <john> bye 16:04:11 <BenediktKaempgen> bye thanks 16:04:13 <dvilasuero> bye thanks 16:04:27 <Zakim> - +1.202.691.aacc 16:04:29 <Zakim> -MikePendleton 16:04:32 <cygri> looking forward to next week! 16:04:33 <Zakim> -sandro 16:04:35 <Zakim> -DruidSmith 16:04:37 <Zakim> -bhyland 16:04:38 <Zakim> -??P22 16:04:40 <Zakim> -GeraldSteeman 16:04:43 <Zakim> -olyerickson 16:04:45 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen 16:04:45 <gatemezin> See you then.. 16:04:45 <bhyland> @gatemazin - did you need any help publishing the minutes? 16:04:47 <Zakim> -cygri 16:04:50 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld 16:04:55 <Zakim> -boris 16:05:01 <Zakim> -tgheen 16:05:09 <bhyland> Check the steps here … http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120119#Scribe.27s_End_of_Meeting_Checklist 16:05:13 <Zakim> -??P24 16:05:17 <Zakim> -??P44 16:05:25 <gatemezin> @bhyland: thanks. I check it 16:05:44 <bhyland> Thanks you! 16:06:21 <Zakim> -rreck 16:06:45 <Zakim> -raphael 16:06:46 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended 16:06:48 <Zakim> Attendees were raphael, BenediktKaempgen, +35389466aaaa, GeraldSteeman, rreck, cygri, tgheen, +34.91.336.aabb, boris, +1.202.691.aacc, olyerickson, dvilasuero, sandro, bhyland, 16:06:51 <Zakim> ... DruidSmith, MikePendleton 16:06:57 <gatemezin> rssagent, set logs world-visible 16:07:10 <gatemezin> rssagent, generate minutes 16:08:06 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #gld 16:08:08 <gatemezin> rrsagent, set logs world-visible 16:08:24 <gatemezin> rrsagent, generate minutes 16:08:24 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-gld-minutes.html gatemezin # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000270