Last modified on 12 January 2012, at 20:36
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
14:59:55 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 14:59:55 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/12-gld-irc 14:59:57 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 14:59:58 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld 14:59:59 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD 14:59:59 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started 15:00:00 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 15:00:00 <trackbot> Date: 12 January 2012 15:00:12 <Zakim> + +1.703.860.aabb 15:00:21 <Zakim> +mhausenblas 15:00:24 <BartvanLeeuwen> BartvanLeeuwen has joined #gld 15:00:25 <Zakim> +sandro 15:00:25 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld 15:00:26 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld 15:00:42 <mhausenblas> Zakim, cygri is with me 15:00:42 <Zakim> +cygri; got it 15:00:44 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here? 15:00:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, +1.267.481.aaaa, BenediktKaempgen, +1.703.860.aabb, mhausenblas, sandro 15:00:46 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri 15:00:51 <Zakim> On IRC I see cygri, BenediktKaempgen, BartvanLeeuwen, Zakim, RRSAgent, fadmaa, Luis, Cory, mhausenblas, George, MacTed, bhyland1, trackbot, sandro 15:00:59 <rreck> rreck has joined #GLD 15:01:17 <Zakim> +davidwood 15:01:27 <rreck> hello david 15:01:42 <bhyland1> zakim, davidwood is me 15:01:44 <Zakim> +bhyland1; got it 15:01:53 <Zakim> + +0525616aacc 15:02:00 <Cory> Zakim, I am aabb 15:02:01 <Zakim> +Cory; got it 15:02:30 <bhyland1> I can scribe George 15:02:38 <rreck> whew 15:02:43 <Luis> Zakim +1.267.481.aaaa 15:02:49 <fadmaa> Zakim, aacc is fadmaa 15:02:49 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it 15:03:08 <bhyland1> Scribe: bhyland 15:03:20 <Zakim> +rreck 15:03:28 <Zakim> +??P48 15:03:28 <rreck> zakim, mute me 15:03:29 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted 15:03:34 <Luis> Zakim, I am aaaa 15:03:34 <Zakim> +Luis; got it 15:03:36 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld 15:03:36 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??p48 is me 15:03:36 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it 15:03:48 <fadmaa> zakim, mute me 15:03:48 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted 15:03:49 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld 15:04:04 <bhyland1> George, the minutes from last week don't look linked? 15:04:18 <bhyland1> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-01-05 404's 15:04:43 <Zakim> +MikePendleton 15:04:44 <rreck> we found them after the meeting 15:04:51 <Zakim> + +91.80.49.06.aadd 15:05:07 <rreck> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05 15:05:34 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman 15:05:47 <gatemezi> hi everyone! 15:05:52 <HadleyBeeman> Hi! 15:06:17 <rreck> can you provide a link? 15:06:21 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#Agenda 15:06:29 <Cory> Cory has left #gld 15:06:30 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld 15:06:47 <Cory> Cory has joined #gld 15:07:13 <mhausenblas> q+ 15:07:19 <bhyland1> @george - did you want to review/approve minutes from last week & tracker actions? 15:07:32 <rreck> can you provide a link to the minutes? 15:07:34 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld 15:07:57 <George> q? 15:08:00 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld 15:08:04 <sandro> rreck, http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05 (but they need more cleanup) 15:08:11 <Zakim> + +1.202.691.aaee 15:08:30 <DanG> DanG has joined #gld 15:08:30 <rreck> ok, that is the link i posted 15:08:54 <gatemezi> zakim, who's here? 15:08:55 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, Luis, BenediktKaempgen, Cory, mhausenblas, sandro, bhyland1, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), BartvanLeeuwen, MikePendleton, 15:08:59 <George> Topic: F2F2 Agenda 15:08:59 <Zakim> ... +91.80.49.06.aadd, HadleyBeeman, +1.202.691.aaee 15:09:02 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri 15:09:04 <Zakim> On IRC I see DanG, Yigal, Biplav, Cory, Mike_Pendleton, gatemezi, HadleyBeeman, rreck, cygri, BenediktKaempgen, BartvanLeeuwen, Zakim, RRSAgent, fadmaa, Luis, mhausenblas, 15:09:07 <Zakim> ... George, MacTed, bhyland1, trackbot, sandro 15:09:07 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 15:09:14 <George> bhyland1: 30 mins likely all that's required for CD 15:09:29 <Yigal> zakim, IPcaller is me 15:09:29 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it 15:09:38 <George> ack mhausenblas 15:09:54 <sandro> mhausenblas 15:10:37 <bhyland1> Topic: F2F Planning 15:11:31 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary 15:11:37 <mhausenblas> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/bcb72f87b5cc/bp/index.html 15:11:55 <George> mhausenblas: sync wiki and editors draft 15:14:44 <sandro> +1 best to create slides, to help make sure everyone can get up to speed 15:15:05 <sandro> (don't assume everyone is up on every topic. :-) 15:15:25 <bhyland1> Discussed: Produce slides to highlight deliverables & plan to speak to slides for not more than 10 minutes. 15:15:25 <HadleyBeeman> +1 to slides… also makes it easier to catch up if you miss part of the discussion 15:15:44 <bhyland1> Please link PDF version of slides to the F2F page 15:16:03 <sandro> (please don't assume people can use powerpoint.) 15:16:18 <bhyland1> People are also welcome to point to URL on slidy or slideshare. 15:16:20 <HadleyBeeman> Yep, pointers on the F2F page are good. 15:16:53 <Zakim> +raphael 15:16:54 <sandro> You can link to an attachment in the WG email archives... 15:16:59 <mhausenblas> Michael: slideshare or PDF as attachment on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2 would be good 15:17:06 <rreck> hmm 15:18:06 <bhyland1> RE: Timeframes, is 45 min to cover each topic OK? 15:18:34 <mhausenblas> Michael: Next week I'm at risk for the telecon, so I'll likely have my stuff (slides + HG sync) ready by 2012-01-23 CoB 15:18:44 <rreck> it is a start 15:18:59 <rreck> +1 intial time requirements 15:19:59 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 for a extra break 15:20:30 <George> q? 15:20:33 <rreck> i dont see a lunch break 15:20:38 <HadleyBeeman> Given the amount of time we're covering, three breaks is better, I think. 15:22:37 <bhyland1> Let's come back to food & supply thereof (sponsorship) 15:23:40 <DanG> Bernadette - Do you want to bring food into BLS for breakfast and breaks? 15:25:32 <rreck> +provide advice. it think this topic (URI construction) is critical 15:26:37 <rreck> i would like to see documentation of examples, rather that the usual geek only abstract discussion 15:26:43 <BartvanLeeuwen> +q 15:26:47 <bhyland1> Topic: Relative importance of URI construction and persistence strategy for linked data sets 15:26:51 <mhausenblas> q? 15:26:59 <rreck> +q 15:27:04 <rreck> zakim, unmute me 15:27:04 <Zakim> rreck should no longer be muted 15:27:04 <George> ack BartvanLeeuwen 15:27:32 <bhyland1> @Dan - let's come back to the discussion of providing food. We have to determine what is provided by hosts versus requires sponsorships for food. 15:28:23 <bhyland1> From our charter re: URI Construction: 15:28:23 <bhyland1> URI Construction. The group will specify how to create good URIs for use in government linked data. Inputs include http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/, http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/media/308995/public_sector_uri.pdf, and http://data.gov.uk/resources/uris. Guidance will be produced not only for minting URIs for governmental entities, such as schools or agencies, but also for vocabularies, concepts, and datasets. 15:28:30 <mhausenblas> q+ 15:28:35 <bhyland1> Does anyone read persistence into this deliverable?> 15:28:38 <George> ack rreck 15:29:23 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:29:23 <bhyland1> rreck: Would like to make W3C published documentation emphasize concrete guidance. Much of the specs published are hard to read. 15:29:28 <George> ack mhausenblas 15:29:31 <mhausenblas> [[ This document is aimed at assisting government agencies and their contractors, vendors as well as researchers, to publish high quality, consistent data sets using W3C standards to increase interoperability. ]] 15:29:50 <Mike_Pendleton> +1 rreck 15:29:51 <bhyland1> @rreck - much of the W3C specs are for implementors of products and protocols, I think. 15:29:58 <rreck> +1 audience 15:30:09 <bhyland1> +1 15:30:19 <Mike_Pendleton> I can help provide that kind of 'eye' 15:30:19 <George> mhausenblas: asks for gld 'non-techies' to apply a critical eye and lookout for geek talk wrt deliverable highlight 15:30:26 <HadleyBeeman> Happy to have a look. 15:30:34 <HadleyBeeman> (with a non-techie hat on) 15:30:35 <George> q? 15:32:35 <rreck> i think we need to schedule reviewers who are not technical to comment 15:32:40 <bhyland1> RE: W3C policy on re: recommendations & specs. 15:33:02 <rreck> in the overall schedule not the f2f 15:33:10 <Mike_Pendleton> q? 15:33:13 <bhyland1> Sandro: There is no specific policy beyond WG members coming up with the most appropriate language & recommendations. 15:33:45 <Cory> Have to go, bye! 15:33:52 <rreck> bye cory 15:34:32 <rreck> how do we provide that information to you? 15:34:58 <bhyland1> DanG: US attendees must register in ADVANCE of their attendance. 15:35:26 <bhyland1> DanG: Is use of Internet email important to be people? The port for Internet email may be blocked. 15:35:41 <cygri> q+ to say we need port 6665 15:35:43 <bhyland1> DanG: I cannot guarantee that we can open all ports for everybody. 15:35:54 <bhyland1> q+ 15:36:33 <bhyland1> Current list of attendees to US location (for security access) 15:36:35 <bhyland1> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#Expected_in_person_.E2.80.93_Washington.2C_DC 15:37:18 <rreck> i just did 15:37:38 <Zakim> -Cory 15:37:47 <George> ack cygri 15:37:47 <Zakim> cygri, you wanted to say we need port 6665 15:37:49 <bhyland1> People MUST write "confirmed" next to their name for US physical attendance. 15:37:51 <sandro> I need ports: 22 6665 6667 80 443 15:38:06 <bhyland1> Topic: Logistics for US site 15:38:10 <Mike_Pendleton> @ Dan - I'm confirmed on the wiki now 15:38:32 <bhyland1> Port 6665 for IRC cannot be opened per DanG. 15:39:05 <bhyland1> If you tunnel into your office, possibly it will work. 15:39:24 <George> q? 15:39:31 <George> ack bhyland1 15:40:02 <bhyland1> DanG suggested IRC thru the W3C web site. 15:40:10 <bhyland1> Port 22 is needed for ssh, very important. 15:40:34 <bhyland1> RE: video access, we need wired ethernet. 15:42:26 <bhyland1> DanG: Having a wired ethernet would be difficult ... 15:43:22 <cygri> DanG, skype should work if that port works on the ethernet machine 15:44:34 <bhyland1> DanG: We have a machine set up for skype, he will try to get it for the F2F. 15:46:19 <bhyland1> s/We have/BLS has 15:46:40 <rreck> i would guess it is unlikely to have ssh ports open 15:47:16 <rreck> i bet teamviewer would work 15:48:02 <George> +1 bhyland1 to DanG :) 15:48:22 <bhyland1> Summary: DanG will check on port 22 access and we the potential for a skype machine on a wired connection. 15:48:48 <Mike_Pendleton> You are making Dan feel better Michael :) 15:49:22 <bhyland1> DERI has a deri guest account that people can use with proper auth. Main ports needed will be opened. Will try to get one machine on wired ethernet to facilitate skype. 15:50:02 <bhyland1> RE: Food / beverages 15:50:31 <bhyland1> There is a cafeteria that can cater food but we have to pay for it. 15:50:49 <rreck> arent we across the street from Union Station? 15:52:39 <rreck> me too 15:53:08 <bhyland1> Any parties/companies willing to fund tea breaks and luncheon? 15:53:25 <bhyland1> DERI is covered. 15:53:57 <rreck> i wont be allowed to bring guinness 15:54:06 <George> q? 15:54:21 <bhyland1> ack bhyland 15:54:50 <Yigal> The fee is a decent idea! 15:54:57 <bhyland1> Sandro suggested we charge a small fee like $40 to cover food & beverage, that happens sometimes. 15:55:35 <sandro> (or... that's a possibility, if no one is sponsoring, and we dont want to talk the time to walk to Union Station during the breaks) 15:56:36 <rreck> i cant make it that early. maybe on the second day 15:56:59 <rreck> +1 minutes 15:58:38 <George> q? 15:58:42 <George> q? 15:58:52 <bhyland1> Action: Sandro agree to clean up unknown references for Mike Pendleton's name in last week's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05 15:58:53 <trackbot> Created ACTION-28 - Agree to clean up unknown references for Mike Pendleton's name in last week's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05 [on Sandro Hawke - due 2012-01-19]. 15:58:56 <Mike_Pendleton> @ Dan G - can you provide directions on how to get to the venue in BLS 15:58:57 <rreck> i am meeting with Anne tomorrow morning at 10 15:59:00 <bhyland1> zakim, who is on the call 15:59:03 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the call', bhyland1 15:59:15 <bhyland1> zakim, who is on the call? 15:59:17 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, Luis, BenediktKaempgen, mhausenblas, sandro, bhyland1, fadmaa (muted), rreck, BartvanLeeuwen, MikePendleton, +91.80.49.06.aadd, 15:59:20 <Zakim> ... HadleyBeeman, +1.202.691.aaee, Yigal, raphael 15:59:22 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri 15:59:46 <bhyland1> zakim, aadd is biplav 15:59:46 <Zakim> +biplav; got it 15:59:48 <Zakim> -biplav 16:00:02 <bhyland1> zakim, who is on the call? 16:00:02 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, Luis, BenediktKaempgen, mhausenblas, sandro, bhyland1, fadmaa (muted), rreck, BartvanLeeuwen, MikePendleton, HadleyBeeman, +1.202.691.aaee, 16:00:04 <Zakim> ... Yigal, raphael 16:00:09 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri 16:00:21 <bhyland1> regrets from mhausenblas for next week. 16:00:22 <rreck> bhyland: thanks for scribing 16:00:23 <bhyland1> thanks all! 16:00:29 <gatemezi> Thanks!! 16:00:36 <BartvanLeeuwen> thanks bye 16:00:41 <BenediktKaempgen> bye, thanks 16:00:45 <Zakim> -MikePendleton 16:00:45 <rreck> bubye 16:00:49 <Zakim> -fadmaa 16:00:51 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman 16:00:53 <Zakim> - +1.202.691.aaee 16:00:55 <Zakim> -mhausenblas 16:00:57 <Zakim> -sandro 16:00:59 <Zakim> -raphael 16:01:05 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen 16:01:07 <Zakim> -bhyland1 16:01:09 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen 16:01:09 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld 16:01:11 <Zakim> -Luis 16:01:13 <Zakim> -Yigal 16:01:18 <bhyland1> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible 16:01:27 <bhyland1> RRSAgent, generate minutes 16:01:27 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/12-gld-minutes.html bhyland1 16:01:44 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld 16:05:06 <Zakim> -rreck 16:05:08 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended 16:05:10 <Zakim> Attendees were George_Thomas, fadmaa, +1.267.481.aaaa, BenediktKaempgen, +1.703.860.aabb, mhausenblas, sandro, cygri, bhyland1, +0525616aacc, Cory, rreck, Luis, 16:05:13 <Zakim> ... BartvanLeeuwen, MikePendleton, +91.80.49.06.aadd, HadleyBeeman, +1.202.691.aaee, Yigal, raphael, biplav # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000238