Last modified on 5 August 2011, at 17:13
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
14:00:41 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 14:01:18 <bhyland> GLDWG <martinAlvarez> guest: Tina Gheen, NSF/LoC <martinAlvarez> guest: David (DruidSmith) Smith, EPA <martinAlvarez> guest: Zachary Whitley, JHU <martinAlvarez> guest: Yigal Arens, ISI <martinAlvarez> guest: Dan Gilman, BLS <martinAlvarez> guest: Todd Pehle, Orbis Tech. <martinAlvarez> guest: Ted (MacTed) Thibodeau, Openlink <martinAlvarez> regrets: Benedikt, Price, William, Gerald #Added this attendees because Zakim didn't recognize some of them <martinAlvarez> present: Benedikt, Bernadette, Boris, Cory, David Price, George Thomas, Gerald Steeman, Ghislain Atemezing, John Erickson, Luis Bermudez, Martín Álvarez, Michael Hausenblas, Richard Cyganiak, William Brafford, Asun 14:02:17 <gatemezi> Hi all 14:02:46 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld 14:02:56 <boris> zakim, who is here? 14:03:31 <Zakim> On the phone I see TGheen, DruidSmith, ZacharyWhitley, ??P10, George, +1.202.691.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +1.410.224.aaee, +1.540.898.aaff, cygri 14:04:07 <olyerickson> I just joined the call... 14:05:04 <mhausenblas> scribenick: mhausenblas 14:05:07 <mhausenblas> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.08.04 14:05:11 <gatemezi> rrsagent, make records public 14:05:17 <mhausenblas> Topic: Preliminary items 14:05:46 <bhyland> @mhausenblas I've updated Scribes page http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes#Scribes and swapped you with 15-Sept date. 14:06:01 <DruidSmith> That was Luis Bermudez, Open Geospatial Consortium 14:06:16 <mhausenblas> Luis: background in geo-spatial and streams 14:06:25 <martinAlvarez> martinAlvarez has joined #gld 14:06:32 <bhyland> @Luis are you based in the Washington DC area? 14:07:05 <mhausenblas> Chair: George 14:07:20 <mhausenblas> scribenick: martinAlvarez 14:09:41 <martinAlvarez> Action: Sandro to investigate legal issues of the wiki 14:09:41 <trackbot> Created ACTION-1 - Investigate legal issues of the wiki [on Sandro Hawke - due 2011-08-11]. 14:10:08 <bhyland> @Yigal, @ZacharyWhitley, @Dan - did you all follow the link I sent in an email to put in details about joining as an invited guest? 14:10:21 <mhausenblas> s/legal issues/acces issues 14:10:28 <ZacharyWhitley> s/legal/access/ 14:10:32 <Yigal> @bhyland I've been derelict in this matter 14:10:45 <cygri> ACTION-1 investigate access issues of the wiki (yigal and others can't access it) 14:10:45 <trackbot> ACTION-1 Investigate legal issues of the wiki notes added 14:11:13 <bhyland> There is a process for being added to wiki. If people who have been invited could *please* follow the link & fill out the form, that would help us get you access. 14:11:30 <Zakim> MacTed should now be muted <martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Proposal to accept the minutes from the previous meeting 14:11:37 <martinAlvarez> George: Should we accept the last meeting minutes? 14:13:06 <martinAlvarez> PROPOSED: Accept the last-meeting minutes 14:11:46 <martinAlvarez> s/minutes/minutes? 14:12:01 <bhyland> +1 14:12:05 <Yigal> +1 14:12:06 <gatemezi> +1 14:12:28 <DruidSmith> +1 14:12:50 <mhausenblas> '/me' 14:13:40 <martinAlvarez> RESOLUTION: Last-meeting minutes have been accepted 14:13:45 <ZacharyWhitley> bhyland, the "How to join" link? <martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Review Tracker Actions <martinAlvarez> LD Cookbook closed? 14:14:18 <mhausenblas> ISSUE-1? 14:14:18 <trackbot> ISSUE-1 -- Where should the BP cookbook go? -- open 14:14:18 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/1 14:14:48 <olyerickson> Yes, looking at the issue... 14:16:07 <gatemezi> +1 to host the BP cookbook as a wiki 14:16:09 <bhyland> close ISSUE-1 <martinAlvarez> Topic: Review of Deliverables <martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Community Directory prototype, http://directory.3roundstones.net/page/MainPage.xhtml?view 14:17:01 <martinAlvarez> George: Bernadette, could you give us a quick overview on Community Directory work? 14:17:22 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: Last week we (task force contributors) had a call on Skype. 14:17:31 <George> close ISSUE-1 14:17:31 <trackbot> ISSUE-1 Where should the BP cookbook go? closed 14:18:40 <martinAlvarez> ... We had deployed a prototype on the Web. 14:19:00 <martinAlvarez> ... If anyone is interested in take part in the Community Directory, please let me know. 14:19:40 <martinAlvarez> ... Today, I sent an email to the list with all the information about this pilot. 14:19:49 <George> http://directory.3roundstones.net 14:20:44 <tgheen> I have not seen any emails, but I don't think I am an official participant 14:21:10 <toddpehle> same for me 14:21:24 <ZacharyWhitley> Same for me. 14:21:48 <ZacharyWhitley> (from APL) 14:22:48 <George> Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL - need to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion 14:23:07 <martinAlvarez> ACTION: Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL - need to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion 14:23:07 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Dan 14:23:13 <bhyland> For those people who didn't receive an email from today, the above is the URL for the pre-release Community Directory prototype. I also asked people If thye'd like login credentials, please respond to team-gld-chairs at w3.org with your name & email & I'll compile a list and our support team will invite you. Thanks. 14:24:11 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: Please, remember that there is a task force to gather requirements to the Community Directory, 14:24:31 <martinAlvarez> ... if anybody else would like to participate, his/her will be welcome 14:24:50 <martinAlvarez> ... the list of the current participants is on the wiki. 14:24:17 <cygri> ACTION: George to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL 14:24:17 <trackbot> Created ACTION-2 - Finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL [on George Thomas - due 2011-08-11]. 14:24:30 <cygri> ACTION: bhyland to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL 14:24:30 <trackbot> Created ACTION-3 - Finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2011-08-11]. 14:24:33 <mhausenblas> q+ 14:24:58 <boris> q? 14:25:31 <mhausenblas> ack me 14:26:01 <martinAlvarez> mhausenblas: I'll contribute 14:26:11 <cygri> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Statistical_Cube_Data 14:26:21 <mhausenblas> s/I'll contribute/I'll contribute to the Community Directory <martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Standard Vocabs 14:26:43 <martinAlvarez> George: Richard has created a wiki page on Data Cube vocabulary 14:26:46 <ZacharyWhitley> +q 14:27:45 <DruidSmith_> DruidSmith_ has joined #gld 14:28:04 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, make logs public 14:29:50 <martinAlvarez> George: Maybe is interesting to take some examples where statistical data are used 14:30:05 <olyerickson> I'm interested from the perspective of conversion 14:30:58 <martinAlvarez> Dan: I like the idea of breaking the call to talk about use cases of using the data cube 14:31:36 <martinAlvarez> ... also with a theoretical perspective of the Data Cube vocabulary. 14:31:49 <George> ACTION: George to organize telecon with Zach, Dan, John, George, Richard for a Cube Vocab review 14:31:49 <trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Organize telecon with Zach, Dan, John, George, Richard for a Cube Vocab review [on George Thomas - due 2011-08-11]. 14:32:22 <martinAlvarez> George: We have some good examples from Epimorphics work shown in SemTech 14:32:29 <George> SemTech Epimorphics use of Cube 14:32:35 <cygri> http://www.slideshare.net/der42/linked-data-hypercubes 14:33:05 <olyerickson> cygri's preso is linked-to from the wiki already <martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Gov Ontology Metadata <martinAlvarez> Taking into account Asun's email to the list (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Jul/0019.html) 14:33:31 <boris> Asuncion 14:34:01 <martinAlvarez> Moving on to Gov Ontology Metadata works 14:35:26 <martinAlvarez> Dan: I would like to take part in this Open Government Vocabulary 14:36:10 <martinAlvarez> ... Should we suggest Mondeca to take part in this task force? 14:36:48 <mhausenblas> Michael: No, Mondeca is not a member of the GLD WG 14:36:50 <olyerickson> I would like to be part of this vocab-of-vocabs discussion as well 14:36:55 <martinAlvarez> Dan: I work with you to get the names of the people interested 14:39:29 <gatemezi> I am also interested with this topic, and since I can discuss directly with the guys of Mondeca, "indirectly" they will be present :-) <martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Procurement 14:40:30 <martinAlvarez> George: John Sheridan has volunteered to help in procurement 14:40:52 <martinAlvarez> ... anyone from the UK National Archives to contribute 14:41:10 <martinAlvarez> ... in order to create a CO's Guide to 5-Star Data Initiatives 14:40:31 <olyerickson> Do we define "CO" (Contracting Officer) somewhere? 14:41:20 <bhyland> q+ 14:42:00 <mhausenblas> q? 14:42:25 <olyerickson> My point was that we need to be sure to break out terms-of-art where they appear 14:42:34 <George> understood JE 14:42:40 <olyerickson> Thanks! 14:42:43 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: Please, if anyone is interested in the wiki can be registered as contributor 14:43:15 <martinAlvarez> ... OPSI may be interested 14:43:50 <martinAlvarez> Subtopic: WG Charter 3.1 production schedule 14:44:25 <martinAlvarez> George: Community Directory is going pretty well 14:45:12 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: We are evolving the Community Directory wiki 14:45:16 <bhyland> Subtopic: LD Cookbook, very early stage cookbook may be found on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.7_Linked_Data_Cookbook 14:46:00 <martinAlvarez> Richard: Boris was proposed as editor 14:46:36 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: the whole list of contributors is in the wiki page 14:46:38 <mhausenblas> s/Richard:/Michael: 14:47:06 <olyerickson> FYI, John Erickson's name is mis-spelled on the "best practices summary" http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary 14:47:24 <bhyland> The list of people who've indicated interest in working on Best Practices may be found on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#Interested_in_working_on_this 14:47:38 <Cory> I still have to get it in my head what the nature and scope of the deliverable may be - examples would help 14:48:42 <martinAlvarez> Michael: Should we edit the specific actions for anyone in the section? 14:50:22 <martinAlvarez> ... Bernadette, Boris, and myself will motivate the rest and joining pieces 14:51:15 <George> q? 14:51:20 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter 14:51:29 <George> q- ZacharyWhitley 14:51:38 <George> q- bhyland 14:51:40 <bhyland> q- bhyland 14:53:33 <olyerickson> q? 14:53:52 <mhausenblas> q? 14:54:12 <George> q? 14:54:34 <George> q+ olyerickson 14:54:38 <George> ack olyerickson 14:54:48 <George> ? 14:55:37 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Main_Page 14:55:37 <mhausenblas> q+ to say something more about the ED on Best Practices 14:55:40 <mhausenblas> q? 14:56:07 <mhausenblas> ack me 14:56:07 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to say something more about the ED on Best Practices 14:57:40 <George> q? 14:58:07 <martinAlvarez> Michael: We should use common practices and clean the texts from different contributors 14:58:16 <ZacharyWhitley> q? <martinAlvarez> Topic: Call for agenda items for next meeting 14:58:47 <martinAlvarez> George: Any comment for the next agenda? 14:59:47 <martinAlvarez> ... We can include more about standard vocabularies, like dcat 15:00:27 <martinAlvarez> Dan: We shouldn't use the word "standard" 15:01:06 <martinAlvarez> ... We could say recommended practices, or consensus BP, etc. 15:00:18 <mhausenblas> Michael: I disagree - we *do* do set standards 15:00:32 <George> +1 MH 15:00:34 <George> http://www.w3.org/TR/void/ 15:00:38 <MacTed> Zakim, unmute me 15:00:39 <George> a standard? 15:00:41 <MacTed> q+ 15:00:51 <Zakim> MacTed should no longer be muted 15:00:55 <olyerickson> Note to leaders: I too appear to have access problems with the Wiki...Sees me as logged-in user but I don't see "edit" options etc... please advise... 15:00:56 <mhausenblas> Michael: We write specifications that we hope to become a standard 15:01:34 <bhyland> +1 MacTed 15:01:59 <cygri> q+ 15:02:14 <mhausenblas> q+ to comment on scribing 15:02:16 <George> q? 15:02:35 <mhausenblas> ack MacTed 15:02:43 <mhausenblas> ack cygri 15:02:58 <MacTed> ack me 15:03:02 <cygri> ack me 15:03:29 <MacTed> I must now jump to another call... 15:04:03 <mhausenblas> q? 15:04:06 <Zakim> -MacTed 15:04:07 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:04:37 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:04:37 <George> Scribe should capture that MH says yes to 'standard' and RC says 'recommendation' :) <martinAlvarez> Michael: We should use the term 'standard' <martinAlvarez> cygri: W3C has always used the term 'Recommendation' 15:04:43 <cygri> cygri: W3C officially only publishes "W3C recommendations", not "standards" 15:04:49 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:05:01 <mhausenblas> Michael: I agree with Richard 15:05:35 <bhyland> @olyerickson, I'll send you email 15:06:41 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended 15:06:43 <Zakim> Attendees were TGheen, ZacharyWhitley, DruidSmith, George, +1.540.898.aaaa, +1.202.691.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +1.540.898.aaff, boris, +1.518.276.aagg, Yigal, 15:06:46 <Zakim> ... mhausenblas, cygri, toddpehle, martinAlvarez, MacTed, Mike, +1.202.208.aahh, +1.703.362.aaii 15:06:55 <cygri> and yeah, scribing is really hard in the beginning when you don't know the voices yet 15:07:17 <gatemezi> zakem, -gatemezi 15:07:27 <martinAlvarez> RRSAgent, make logs public 15:46:01 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000276