From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
- 1 Agenda GLD-WG telecon 12 April 2012 - CANCELED
Agenda GLD-WG telecon 12 April 2012 - CANCELED
Thursdays 15:00-16:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris). Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group W3C GLD Mailing Lists: Public GLD mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org Archive of mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg Members only mailing list: mailto:email@example.com GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Contact GLD Chairs
Preliminary Items (~10 minutes)
- Scribe: Michael Hausenblas; Alternate: TBD
- Proposal to accept the minutes from the 5-April-2012 meeting
- Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG
Main Agenda (~50 minutes)
- THIS MEETING WAS CANCELED DUE TO LACK OF AVAILABILITY OF MEMBERS
- Increasing visibility of standards & best practices within the Open Gov community worldwide
- What type of opportunities do you see?
- FPWD feedback - We're getting feedback on FPWD's published 5-April-2012.
- Update if any on Prov WG (Luc, Paul Groth), with GLD WG (Michael Hausenblas, Phil Archer) re: discussion to come together (if possible) on Agent meets People vocab to avoid dup and/or complexity.
Announcements (~5 minutes)
- IBM Announced DB2 version 10 supports RDF 
- Transparency Camp 2012, 28-29 April, 2012 in Washington DC, an unconference for opengov organized by Sunlight Foundation 
- European Data Forum 2012 EDF2012, June 6-7, 2012, Copenhagen DK
- Using Open Data: 19-20 June 2012, Brussels Using Open Data: policy modeling, citizen empowerment, data journalism. Held 19 - 20 June 2012, European Commission Headquarters, Brussels.
- AAAI-12, focus on "Semantic Cities". The idea of the workshop is to discuss open data and how semantics can provide a foundation to facilitate high-value analytics. See: http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html
- TPAC 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012 in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon
- SemTechBizSF, see June 2012 in San Francisco, US.
- Other announcements?
Next Meeting preparation (~5 minutes)
- Chair: Bernadette
- Scribe: Michael Hausenblas
- Alternate: TBD
- Regrets: George Thomas, Benedikt Kämpgen, Stasinos Konstantopoulos (Orthodox Easter holiday), Christophe Gueret, Dan Gillman(meeting conflict), Luis Bermudez, Ron Reck, Phil Archer, Bart van Leeuwen, Michael Pendleton, Martin Kaltenböck
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG) by typing 'trackbot, start telecon'
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Who's present?
- Who has sent regrets?
- Review meeting agenda
- Call for next week's agenda items
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, generate minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/2012/gld/meeting/yyyy-mm-dd
- Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"