From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda GLD-WG telecon 1 September 2011

  Thursdays 14:00-15:30 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 
  15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris)
  Teleconferences  (official participants and invited guests only):
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or then conference code 45394#  ("GLDWG")
  IRC channel: #gld on on port 6665
  An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day or two.
  Zakim instructions:
  RRSAgent instructions:
  Scribe info
  GLD WG public mailing list:
  Main Page for GLD Working Group


  • Chair: Bernadette Hyland
  • Scribe: Richard Cyganiak is Scribe. (see GLD Mtg Scribes)
  • Alternate: Maria Jesus Fernandez Ruiz

This is our sixth telecon.


The agenda for this meeting will be:

  1. Preliminary items (~15 minutes):
  2. Review of 3 core Deliverables (~35 minutes)
    • Community Directory - Charter 2.1
      • Prototype Requirements
      • Need help with deployment profile info
      • Prototype feedback and next steps
    • Standard Vocabs - Charter 2.3.2
    • Cube Vocab meeting, outcomes
    • Procurement Charter 2.2.2
      • ("CO's Guide to 5-Star Data" page) - John Sheridan, George Thomas, Bernadette Hyland added to task force. Others??
    • Provenance Interchange WG interested in a GLD WG Liason. Stephen Cresswell (UK TSO) spoke at last telecon. Follow up?
    • DNS Subdomain discussion (relates to Deliverable 2.2.3 URI Construction)
      • Single DNS subdomain (e.g., opendata.<orgname>.<gov> that routes as appropriate
  3. Announcements
    • Conferences, calls for papers, chapters, other
  4. Call for agenda items for next meeting (~10 minutes):
    • Status of:
      • 2.2.2-6?
      • 2.3.1 DCAT
      • 2.3.3-4,5
      • who is working on these?
  5. Adjourn

Community Directory

  1. general update
  2. Action Item: Support for 2.1.5 - Community Directory - Research groups, researchers, sources of funding. Volunteer: Yigal Arens (new member)

Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data

For each of the Deliverables, please update or ReSpec (if set up) with options, including references to existing projects, proposals, use cases and procedures.

  1. general update - ReSpec set up, editors draft started.
  2. Action Item: support 2.2.1 Best Practices for Publishing LD - Procurement - Volunteer: John Sheridan, George Thomas, Bernadette Hyland, (others?)
  3. Action Item: support 2.2.5 - Stability - Volunteer: Anne Washington (new member)

Standard Vocabularies

  1. general update

Action Items (parking lot)


Minutes +
SubjectNo specific +
TypeWeekly telecon +
"Date" is a type and predefined property provided by Semantic MediaWiki to represent date values.
September 1, 2011 +