Agenda GLD-WG telecon 21 July 2011
Thursdays 14:00-15:30 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris) Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day or two.
First F2F (June 29-30, 2011) wiki page: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1 Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribe info GLD WG public mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Jul/
- Chair: George Thomas
- Scribe: Dean Allamang
Minutes & Actions
Proposed to accept the minutes from the previous meeting:
This is our second telecon.
Action item review:
The agenda for this second meeting will be:
- Announcements / WG meeting schedule including poll for next F2F
- Review of initial tasks. We need task forces for the obligatory pieces of work:
- Community Directory
- Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data
- Standard Vocabularies
The first task will be to collect options (existing proposals), use cases and procedures for the above Deliverables.
Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data
Action Items (parking lot)
The following action items mean that the indicated person agreed to initially update the w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/ page for each of Deliverables. For each item, please define the attributes to be collected.
- WG production schedule (review of major dates and deliverables in the Charter)
Discussed: Think about what issues their are. Think where we need to drive to consensus (that is what is going to take the Working Group's time).
- Action Item: Support of 2.1.1 - 2.1.4 - Community Directory - Deployments, Vendors, Contractors, Applications - Volunteer: William Bradford
- Action Item: Support for 2.1.5 - Community Directory - Research groups, researchers, sources of funding. Volunteer: Yigal Arens
- Action Item: Support for 2.1.6 Community Directory - Outreach & advocacy - List of policy leaders per country so we know who to engage throughout the world. The second list is a list of organizations in civil society who we think are important to engage with. Volunteer: Rick Murphy
- Action Item: support 2.1.7 Community Directory - Training
- Action Item: support 2.2.1 Best Practices for Publishing LD - Procurement. Volunteer: Katherine (L3)
- Action Item: support 2.2.2 - Vocabulary selection
- Action Item: support 2.2.3 - URI Construction - Lift heavily from John Sheridan's data.gov.uk,
- Action Item: support 2.2.4 - Versioning - related to data "cube". TO DO: Ask JimH (RPI A/C rep)
- Action Item: support 2.2.5 - Stability - volunteer: Anne Washington
- Action Item: support 2.2.6 - Legacy data - volunteer: Irene Polikoff
- Action Item: support: 2.2.7 - Cookbook - volunteer: Bernadette. Agreed to provide extended table of contents & abstract
- Action Item: support 2.3.1 Standard Vocabularies - Metadata.
- Action Item: support 2.3.2 - Statistical "cube" data.
- Action Item: support 2.3.3 - Standard Vocabularies - People. Volunteer: Chris Musialek (GSA), Cory. Tina prepared to review.
- Action Item: support 2.3.4 - Standard Vocabularies - Organizational Structures. Volunteer: Tina Gheen, Dave G. Smith (EPA)
- Action Item: support 2.3.5 - Standard Vocabularies - (optional) Geography, Spatial Information - Chris Musialek (GSA), Dave G. Smith (EPA), Todd Pehle (Orbis).
- Weekly telecon
- No specific