Chatlog 2013-03-07

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:46:23 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:46:23 <RRSAgent> logging to
14:46:25 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:46:27 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
14:46:27 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 14 minutes
14:46:28 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:46:28 <trackbot> Date: 07 March 2013
14:46:59 <sandro> HadleyBeeman, Hi.   :-)        Meanwhile, sorry but I'l need to join about 10-15 minutes late today.
14:47:17 <HadleyBeeman> No worries. Thanks for letting us know!
14:50:16 <MariosMeimaris> MariosMeimaris has joined #gld
14:51:36 <bhyland> @Hadley, OK, I've updated the agenda
14:51:54 <HadleyBeeman> Looks good, bhyland.  Thanks for that!
14:57:01 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started
14:57:08 <Zakim> + +1.440.389.aaaa
14:57:13 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, aaaa is me
14:57:13 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman; got it
14:57:22 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has joined #gld
14:59:01 <atemezin> atemezin has joined #gld
14:59:35 <HadleyBeeman> topic:
15:00:37 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:00:48 <Zakim> + +1.540.898.aabb
15:00:54 <bhyland> zakim, aabb is me
15:00:54 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it
15:01:26 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
15:01:28 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.a]
15:01:46 <MariosMeimaris> zakim, IPcaller is me
15:01:46 <Zakim> +MariosMeimaris; got it
15:01:55 <Zakim> + +
15:02:17 <Zakim> + +3539149aadd
15:02:30 <fadmaa> fadmaa has joined #gld
15:02:44 <danbri_> danbri_ has joined #gld
15:02:46 <Zakim> +??P19
15:02:50 <fadmaa> Zakim, who is here?
15:02:50 <Zakim> On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, MariosMeimaris, bhyland, DaveReynolds, +, +3539149aadd, ??P19
15:02:51 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld
15:02:53 <Zakim> On IRC I see danbri_, fadmaa, BenediktKaempgen, atemezin, DaveReynolds, MariosMeimaris, RRSAgent, sandro, TallTed, Zakim, bhyland, HadleyBeeman, danbri, trackbot
15:03:03 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, P19 is me
15:03:03 <Zakim> sorry, BenediktKaempgen, I do not recognize a party named 'P19'
15:03:07 <fadmaa> Zakim, aadd is me
15:03:07 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it
15:03:11 <fadmaa> Zakim, mute me
15:03:11 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
15:03:13 <Zakim> +cygri
15:03:20 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, ??P19 is me
15:03:20 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:03:35 <Zakim> + +
15:04:41 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software
15:04:45 <TallTed> TallTed has changed the topic to: Gov't Linked Data WG -- -- current agenda:
15:04:56 <TallTed> Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
15:04:56 <Zakim> +TallTed; got it
15:05:21 <fadmaa> Zakim, unmute me
15:05:21 <Zakim> fadmaa should no longer be muted
15:05:23 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld
15:05:35 <fadmaa> Zakim, mute me
15:05:36 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
15:05:44 <fadmaa> scribe: fadmaa
15:05:45 <HadleyBeeman> zakim,aaee is biplav
15:05:45 <Zakim> +biplav; got it
15:05:52 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld
15:06:23 <fadmaa> TOPIC: New people introduction
15:06:58 <bhyland> Marios Meimaris speaking now
15:07:18 <bhyland> Mario: taking over from Agis, discussing Greek Open Data efforts
15:07:31 <fadmaa> MariosMeimaris: from Greece working on open data and public services
15:07:38 <HadleyBeeman>
15:07:48 <fadmaa> PROPOSAL: accept last week minutes
15:07:49 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 minutes
15:07:50 <DaveReynolds> +1 to accept minutes
15:07:51 <fadmaa> +1
15:07:53 <TallTed> +1
15:07:55 <atemezin> +1
15:07:55 <bhyland> +1
15:08:23 <fadmaa> HadleyBeeman: DCAT status
15:08:29 <fadmaa> Zakim, unmute me
15:08:29 <Zakim> fadmaa should no longer be muted
15:08:47 <cygri> q+
15:09:11 <Biplav> +1
15:09:25 <fadmaa> fadmaa: need to pospone this till next week as we have an extra telco on DCAT tomorrow
15:09:33 <Makx> Makx has joined #gld
15:09:48 <fadmaa> cygri: people who have input regarding DCAT can join tomorrow
15:10:04 <fadmaa> cygri: or they can provide input via email
15:10:37 <DaveReynolds> For the record, I've no objection to DCAT going to LC so long as the people on the call tomorrow is satisfied.
15:10:47 <DaveReynolds> s/is /are /
15:11:33 <HadleyBeeman> Proposal: A Working Group's Last Call announcement is a signal that:
15:11:33 <HadleyBeeman> 	•	the Working Group believes that it has satisfied its relevant technical requirements (e.g., of the charter or requirements document) in the Working Draft;
15:11:33 <HadleyBeeman> 	•	the Working Group believes that it has satisfied significant dependencies with other groups;
15:11:33 <HadleyBeeman> 	•	other groups SHOULD review the document to confirm that these dependencies have been satisfied.
15:11:34 <fadmaa> cygri: if we get no objection regarding proceeding with DCAT to the last call during tomorrow meeting we can proceed
15:11:34 <HadleyBeeman>
15:12:27 <Zakim> + +25438091aaff
15:12:33 <bhyland> +1 to cygri's proposal
15:12:44 <Makx> zakim, aaff is me
15:12:44 <Zakim> +Makx; got it
15:12:45 <Zakim> +Sandro
15:12:50 <HadleyBeeman> Proposed: If the breakout group tomorrow does not identify any reasons for DCAT not to go to last call, then the group will request its transition to last call
15:12:53 <bhyland> +1
15:12:55 <fadmaa> cygri: we can put the proposal forward that if the break-out call tomorrow don't identify any concerns that prevent proceeding DCAT to the last call, we might proceed with that
15:13:12 <TallTed> PROPOSED: WG will accept sub-group's decision regarding request for DCAT transition (or not) to LC
15:13:21 <bhyland> +q
15:13:23 <DaveReynolds> +1
15:13:32 <fadmaa> +1
15:13:34 <BenediktKaempgen> +1
15:13:36 <Makx> +1
15:13:37 <bhyland> +1
15:13:38 <TallTed> +1
15:13:38 <cygri> +1
15:13:41 <bhyland> ack bhyland
15:13:45 <HadleyBeeman> +1
15:13:57 <bhyland> q+
15:14:18 <DaveReynolds> q+
15:14:18 <fadmaa> sandro: we still need to get a formal approval from the group
15:14:51 <sandro> s/still/might still/
15:14:55 <bhyland> q?
15:14:59 <bhyland> ack bhyland
15:15:00 <fadmaa> sandro: given the time constraints we can try proceeding as proposed
15:15:05 <cygri> ack me
15:15:08 <fadmaa> Zakim, mute me
15:15:08 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
15:15:22 <fadmaa> bhyland: let's handle it by email as well
15:15:43 <DaveReynolds> PROPOSED: WB agrees that DCAT should transition to LC, subject to confirmation by subgroup meeting tomorrow
15:15:54 <bhyland> +1
15:15:56 <TallTed> +1
15:16:07 <DaveReynolds> +1
15:16:09 <BenediktKaempgen> +1
15:16:09 <cygri> +1
15:16:10 <HadleyBeeman> +1
15:16:12 <sandro> +1
15:16:13 <Makx> +1
15:16:16 <atemezin> +1
15:16:22 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: regarding Sandro's concern we can vote now that we agree in principle that the DCAT break out telco tomorrow make the decision re. procedding to last call
15:16:24 <Zakim> -atemezin
15:16:29 <fadmaa> +1
15:16:29 <Biplav> +1
15:16:38 <fadmaa> s/procedding/proceeding/
15:16:54 <sandro> RESOLVED: WB agrees that DCAT should transition to LC, subject to confirmation by subgroup meeting tomorrow
15:17:02 <sandro> s/WB/WG/
15:17:08 <fadmaa> TOPIC: Data Cube status
15:17:11 <Zakim> +atemezin
15:17:22 <DaveReynolds>
15:18:17 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: I published the draft as I have it last Tuesday
15:18:35 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: issue 29 is a key one
15:19:43 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: proposed to move issue 29 to pending review as we need to keep an eye on it during last call
15:20:21 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: issue 30 Recommend moving to POSTPONED
15:20:52 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: issue 32 should remain open but doesn't affect the spec
15:21:36 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds went through the issues as described at
15:22:39 <fadmaa> cygri: agree that ISSUE-37 Align Data Cube with SDMX 2.1 be postponed
15:23:10 <fadmaa> cygri: Data Cube will be aligned with SDMX 2.0 and not the latest version SDMX 2.1
15:25:04 <fadmaa> cygri: I have few minor editorial comments mainly regarding the outline, but these are minor and can be quickly addressed
15:26:04 <fadmaa> cygri: well-formedness criteria haven't maybe received enough interest... same for normalization algorithm in section 12
15:26:21 <fadmaa> cygri: just wanted to highlight the risk there
15:26:28 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: I agree with that
15:27:30 <BenediktKaempgen> +q
15:27:36 <DaveReynolds> q-
15:28:30 <fadmaa> sandro: would the document stand Ok with these sections removed?
15:28:53 <fadmaa> cygri: yes for section 13
15:29:39 <fadmaa> cygri: particularly 12.1 is at risk
15:30:06 <fadmaa> cygri: I think with 12.1 removed the rest of the section will still make sense
15:31:37 <BenediktKaempgen> -q
15:31:39 <Zakim> -atemezin
15:32:43 <Zakim> +??P35
15:33:04 <fadmaa> BenediktKaempgen: I looked at the specification and it looks very good to me
15:33:10 <cygri> DaveReynolds: Section 13 is written as independent parts, so if we find problems, we could remove only affected subsections
15:33:15 <cygri> cygri: ok, that's great
15:33:18 <fadmaa> BenediktKaempgen: I have few minor comments which I will send via email
15:33:38 <cygri> q+
15:34:06 <fadmaa> BenediktKaempgen: based on quick review of section 13 I didn't find any logical mistake and I think the approach is very good
15:34:09 <cygri> q-
15:34:28 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: I suggest moving Data Cube to last call subject to editorial changes
15:35:20 <fadmaa> cygri: my comments are mainly related to renaming some titles in teh table of contents and reordering some sections
15:35:55 <fadmaa> cygri: and some otehr minor changes that will not effectively change the spec
15:36:03 <fadmaa> s/otehr/other/
15:36:22 <DaveReynolds> PROPOSED: Move Data Cube draft to LC subject to editorial changes proposed by Richard and Benedikt
15:36:27 <BenediktKaempgen> +1
15:36:30 <HadleyBeeman> +1
15:36:31 <cygri> +1
15:36:32 <DaveReynolds> +1
15:36:37 <Makx> +1
15:36:39 <Biplav> +1
15:36:45 <atemezin> +1
15:37:01 <fadmaa> +1
15:37:06 <bhyland> +1
15:37:06 <TallTed> +1
15:37:14 <sandro> +1
15:37:15 <DaveReynolds> RESOLVED: Move Data Cube draft to LC subject to editorial changes proposed by Richard and Benedikt
15:37:38 <bhyland> @DaveReynolds - confirmed.
15:38:00 <bhyland> Action: Bhyland to email w3c re: moving DataCube to LC
15:38:00 <trackbot> Created ACTION-102 - Email w3c re: moving DataCube to LC [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2013-03-14].
15:39:34 <fadmaa> cygri: I will do the review of the content by Monday
15:39:52 <fadmaa> sandro: I can help with that if needed
15:40:21 <fadmaa> sandro: contact the web master informing him that you have a specification to publish
15:40:45 <bhyland> Hadley: Do we need to contact other co-chairs?
15:41:13 <bhyland> Sandro: Send email to chairs @ W3 to notify them.
15:41:24 <DaveReynolds> PROPOSED: accept updates to ACTION and ISSUE status for Data Cube as summarized in
15:41:36 <HadleyBeeman> +1
15:41:38 <DaveReynolds> +1
15:41:39 <BenediktKaempgen> +1
15:41:43 <sandro> +1
15:41:44 <cygri> +1
15:41:49 <Biplav> +1
15:41:57 <DaveReynolds> RESOLVED: accept updates to ACTION and ISSUE status for Data Cube as summarized in
15:42:00 <atemezin> +1
15:42:18 <fadmaa> TOPIC: Linked Data Glossary
15:42:30 <bhyland>
15:43:46 <fadmaa> bhyland: we got 112 terms in the glossary
15:44:06 <fadmaa> bhyland: we still need to add links and references
15:44:34 <fadmaa> bhyland: need volunteer to help with this
15:44:49 <bhyland> q?
15:45:25 <fadmaa> bhyland: preferably links to existing W3C related publications
15:46:44 <fadmaa> atemezin: I can do it
15:47:11 <fadmaa> ACTION: atemezin to add links and cross-references to the Linked Data glossary
15:47:11 <trackbot> Error finding 'atemezin'. You can review and register nicknames at <>.
15:47:30 <bhyland> Looking to move something to working note, I saw this but doesn't really answer my question
15:47:59 <fadmaa> ACTION: gatemezin to add links and cross-references to the Linked Data glossary
15:47:59 <trackbot> Error finding 'gatemezin'. You can review and register nicknames at <>.
15:48:14 <fadmaa> ACTION: gatemezi to add links and cross-references to the Linked Data glossary
15:48:15 <trackbot> Created ACTION-103 - Add links and cross-references to the Linked Data glossary [on Ghislain Auguste Atemezing - due 2013-03-14].
15:48:31 <bhyland> Sandro: Email to TLR with some CC's, proposing glossary be called ld-glossary
15:48:38 <fadmaa> bhyland: ld-glossary as a short name for the glossary?
15:49:30 <bhyland> Question,  Who has read the LD glossary?
15:49:33 <cygri> i've read some of it.
15:49:36 <Biplav> I have read
15:49:54 <HadleyBeeman> i've read most of it
15:50:08 <fadmaa> bhyland: I will send an email asking people to look at the glossary
15:50:20 <fadmaa> bhyland: so that we can vote on it next meeting
15:50:53 <bhyland> Agreed, By next week Ghislain will add references by next week.  Bhyland will kick off thread reminding everyone in WG to read it before next Thursday so we can move to publish as a WG Note
15:51:14 <fadmaa> TOPIC: community directory
15:51:17 <atemezin> s/Ghislain/atemezin
15:52:34 <fadmaa> bhyland: we had a proposal to be populating the community directory based on Linked Data that people publish on their websites
15:52:41 <bhyland> We're aiming to automate & make the Comm Directory more useful, se
15:54:19 <fadmaa> bhyland: the idea is that people should provide few information, based on that we email RDF data to the publisher with instructions on how/where to publish it
15:54:52 <fadmaa> bhyland: this allows the directory of linked data community to have linked data itself
15:55:16 <fadmaa> bhyland: similar to the way Manning added linked data about the linked data book
15:56:13 <DaveReynolds> q+
15:56:39 <sandro> q+ to ask about dir future
15:56:43 <DaveReynolds> ack me
15:57:20 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: will the data already there be kept?
15:57:35 <fadmaa> bhyland: yes hopefully. we are working on it
15:57:58 <sandro> DaveReynolds: Would people be required to hold their own ttl file?
15:58:01 <sandro> +1
15:58:17 <sandro> +1 DaveReynolds lots of people in the public sector have no way to host data files.
15:58:30 <fadmaa> DaveReynolds: based on my experience you might need to host the data for people who can't host it themselves
15:59:11 <fadmaa> bhyland: I agree
15:59:16 <HadleyBeeman> ack sandro
15:59:16 <Zakim> sandro, you wanted to ask about dir future
15:59:28 <fadmaa> sandro: what will happen to the directory after the WG ends?
16:00:23 <TallTed> TallTed has joined #gld
16:00:51 <fadmaa> sandro: W3C community group might be formed to take care of it  or it can be managed by 3stones
16:00:57 <sandro> sandro: how about someone propose a Community Group to do this and see if it gets enough members?
16:01:33 <atemezin> @sandro: how enough should be to start such a CG?
16:02:25 <Zakim> -TallTed
16:02:28 <BenediktKaempgen> bye, thanks
16:02:28 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman
16:02:28 <Zakim> -cygri
16:02:29 <Zakim> -??P35
16:02:30 <Zakim> -Makx
16:02:30 <Zakim> -Sandro
16:02:33 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
16:02:36 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
16:02:36 <bhyland> Thanks again DaveReynolds & cygri, great work & much appreciated.
16:02:38 <Zakim> -fadmaa
16:02:42 <Zakim> -bhyland
16:02:46 <Zakim> -MariosMeimaris
16:02:48 <Zakim> -biplav
16:02:48 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
16:02:49 <Zakim> Attendees were +1.440.389.aaaa, HadleyBeeman, +1.540.898.aabb, bhyland, DaveReynolds, MariosMeimaris, +3539149aadd, fadmaa, cygri, BenediktKaempgen, atemezin, +,
16:02:49 <Zakim> ... TallTed, biplav, +25438091aaff, Makx, Sandro
16:02:50 <sandro> yes, HadleyBeeman
16:03:00 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld
16:03:16 <sandro> atemezin, a total of five people are needed for a CG to be formed.     See
16:03:36 <sandro> (hopefully they'd be five people willing to do some work.)
16:03:37 <HadleyBeeman> Sorry, sandro - I shouldn't have hung up.  Just wanted to ask you about the timetable wiki page I was building…. you had feedback?
16:03:44 <fadmaa> rrsagent, generate minutes
16:03:44 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate fadmaa
16:04:09 <bhyland> Thanks Fadi for scribing … that was a lot to keep up with@@
16:04:15 <bhyland> s/@@/!!
16:04:17 <HadleyBeeman> Yes, thanks fadmaa!