IRC log of rdf-wg on 2011-03-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:51:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdf-wg
14:51:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:51:23 [gavinc]
rrsagent, make records public
14:51:44 [gavinc]
Scribe: gavinc
14:53:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rdf-wg
14:53:44 [hsbauer]
hsbauer has joined #rdf-wg
14:53:54 [gavinc]
zakim, this is rdfwg
14:53:54 [Zakim]
ok, gavinc; that matches SW_RDFWG()11:00AM
14:54:46 [gavinc]
14:55:27 [SteveH__]
SteveH__ has joined #rdf-wg
14:55:56 [Zakim]
14:56:02 [mbrunati]
mbrunati has joined #rdf-wg
14:56:04 [Zakim]
14:56:07 [yvesr]
Zakim, +??P19 is yvesr
14:56:07 [Zakim]
sorry, yvesr, I do not recognize a party named '+??P19'
14:56:13 [yvesr]
Zakim, P19 is yvesr
14:56:13 [Zakim]
sorry, yvesr, I do not recognize a party named 'P19'
14:56:32 [Zakim]
14:56:36 [yvesr]
Zakim, ??P19 is yvesr
14:56:36 [Zakim]
+yvesr; got it
14:56:39 [SteveH__]
Zakim, ??P21 is me
14:56:39 [Zakim]
+SteveH__; got it
14:57:01 [gavinc]
zakim, who is here
14:57:01 [Zakim]
gavinc, you need to end that query with '?'
14:57:03 [gavinc]
zakim, who is here?
14:57:03 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.707.861.aaaa, yvesr, Tony, SteveH__
14:57:14 [gavinc]
zakim, +1.707 is me
14:57:14 [Zakim]
+gavinc; got it
14:57:17 [Zakim]
14:57:19 [yvesr]
Zakim, mute me
14:57:19 [Zakim]
yvesr should now be muted
14:57:46 [Zakim]
14:58:17 [mbrunati]
zakim, [IPCaller] is me
14:58:17 [Zakim]
+mbrunati; got it
14:58:21 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rdf-wg
14:59:10 [zwu2]
zwu2 has joined #rdf-wg
14:59:17 [Zakim]
+ +20598aabb
14:59:18 [Zakim]
14:59:34 [Zakim]
14:59:38 [Zakim]
14:59:40 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #rdf-wg
14:59:50 [ericP]
ericP has joined #rdf-wg
14:59:54 [pfps]
pfps has joined #rdf-wg
14:59:58 [Zakim]
15:00:03 [Zakim]
15:00:11 [zwu2]
zakim, mute me
15:00:11 [Zakim]
zwu2 should now be muted
15:00:13 [AndyS]
zakim, what is the conference code?
15:00:13 [Zakim]
the conference code is 73394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.203.318.0479), AndyS
15:00:26 [AndyS]
zakim, thank you
15:00:26 [Zakim]
you are very welcome, AndyS
15:00:41 [AlexHall]
AlexHall has joined #rdf-wg
15:00:47 [davidwood]
Chair: Guus Schreiber
15:00:51 [AZ]
AZ has joined #rdf-wg
15:00:54 [Zakim]
15:01:05 [Zakim]
15:01:05 [cmatheus]
cmatheus has joined #rdf-wg
15:01:14 [AndyS]
zakim, IPCaller is me
15:01:14 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
15:01:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.212.aacc
15:01:24 [davidwood]
zakim, who is here?
15:01:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see gavinc, yvesr (muted), Tony, SteveH__, David, mbrunati, +20598aabb, AxelPolleres, OlivierCorby, Peter_Patel-Schneider, zwu2 (muted), EricP, Sandro, AndyS,
15:01:31 [Zakim]
... +1.443.212.aacc
15:01:45 [gavinc]
zakim, mute me
15:01:45 [Zakim]
gavinc should now be muted
15:01:49 [AlexHall]
zakim, +1.443.212.aacc is me
15:01:49 [Zakim]
+AlexHall; got it
15:02:06 [gavinc]
zakim, unmute me
15:02:06 [Zakim]
gavinc should no longer be muted
15:02:20 [hsbauer]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:02:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see gavinc, yvesr (muted), Tony, SteveH__, David, mbrunati, +20598aabb, AxelPolleres, OlivierCorby, Peter_Patel-Schneider, zwu2 (muted), EricP, Sandro, AndyS,
15:02:24 [Zakim]
... AlexHall
15:02:40 [gavinc]
Topic: Admin
15:03:11 [Zakim]
15:03:17 [sandro]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:03:28 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +20598aabb (22%)
15:03:31 [AZ]
Zakim, I think Ronald is me
15:03:31 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'I think Ronald is me', AZ
15:03:42 [AZ]
Zakim, Ronald is me
15:03:42 [Zakim]
+AZ; got it
15:03:47 [sandro]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:03:58 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
15:04:02 [sandro]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:04:07 [zwu2]
15:04:12 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +20598aabb (28%)
15:04:14 [Zakim]
15:04:17 [Zakim]
15:04:18 [sandro]
zakim, mute aabb
15:04:18 [Zakim]
+20598aabb should now be muted
15:04:25 [zwu2]
15:04:27 [AZ]
zakim, mute me
15:04:27 [Zakim]
AZ should now be muted
15:04:27 [sandro]
zakim, unmute aabb
15:04:29 [Zakim]
+20598aabb should no longer be muted
15:04:40 [sandro]
AZ, you were making the noise.
15:04:46 [webr3]
Zakim, i am ??P8
15:04:46 [Zakim]
+webr3; got it
15:04:53 [Zakim]
15:05:11 [Souri]
Souri has joined #rdf-wg
15:05:28 [gavinc]
Guus: Proposing accepting minutes, no objections, accepted.
15:05:35 [hsbauer]
Sorry looks like i was not marked present.
15:05:41 [pfps]
Minutes OK, but we should figure out who Tony is.
15:06:16 [hsbauer]
My name didn't make the list
15:06:28 [gavinc]
zakim, who is here
15:06:28 [Zakim]
gavinc, you need to end that query with '?'
15:06:30 [gavinc]
zakim, who is here?
15:06:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see gavinc, yvesr (muted), Tony, SteveH__, David, mbrunati, +20598aabb, AxelPolleres, OlivierCorby, Peter_Patel-Schneider, zwu2 (muted), EricP, Sandro, AndyS,
15:06:36 [Zakim]
... AlexHall, AZ (muted), ??P5, webr3, Souri_
15:07:02 [gavinc]
Subtopic: Actions
15:07:15 [webr3]
thomas sent regrets too
15:07:28 [gavinc]
Guus: Most people with actions are not here.
15:07:57 [gavinc]
Guus: Richard did Nathans action, group JOSN use cases on wiki
15:08:00 [sandro]
close action-22
15:08:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-22 Group json use cases on wiki closed
15:08:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.850.377.aadd
15:08:25 [gavinc]
Subtopic: F2F1
15:08:40 [Souri]
regrets for F2F
15:08:44 [gavinc]
Guus: Has everyone confirmed attendance?
15:09:05 [cmatheus]
Zakim, i am ??P5
15:09:05 [Zakim]
+cmatheus; got it
15:09:12 [gavinc]
Guus: Some people still haven't RSVP'd
15:09:21 [pathayes]
pathayes has joined #rdf-wg
15:09:26 [gavinc]
Guus: Remote will be hard with timezones.
15:09:34 [Souri]
well, I'll remotely attend the audio portion, if we have a tel#
15:09:44 [gavinc]
Topic: Turtle Task Force
15:10:00 [Souri]
15:10:01 [pathayes]
apologies for 10 mins late.
15:10:20 [sandro]
15:10:26 [gavinc]
Guus: Only two open issues, likely need more
15:10:44 [gavinc]
Guus: ??? had a thread on Turtle issues.
15:10:57 [sandro]
s/???/Peter and Eric/
15:11:25 [gavinc]
Eric: We need a mapping from Turtle to Triples
15:11:57 [gavinc]
Sandro: Are we going to produce such a mapping?
15:12:02 [sandro]
15:12:02 [ericP]
-> Editor's Draft to which pfps referred
15:12:17 [ericP]
15:12:35 [sandro]
s/Are we/Maybe the ISSUE is: Are we/
15:13:17 [gavinc]
Eric: Recursive or linear definition? How does concatenation work?
15:13:24 [Souri]
15:14:49 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: Agenda:
15:15:05 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: Agenda:
15:15:09 [gavinc]
Guus: Can see a perpose for both of them
15:15:11 [gavinc]
Guus: Can see a purpose for both of them. Might mean adding an appendix or section to current document.
15:15:12 [gavinc]
Eric: Was going to code up both, but sprained wrist
15:15:14 [gavinc]
Guus: Is that do able?
15:15:15 [gavinc]
Peter: I am only interested in having a good spec. I have my own ideas on what is best, but think having more then one way is worse.
15:15:17 [pfps]
I don't want to have two ways to turn Turtle to triples.
15:15:35 [gavinc]
Eric: It is somewhat distracting to have two
15:15:40 [gavinc]
Peter: Agree.
15:16:09 [gavinc]
Guus: Is there a way to work this out?
15:16:15 [sandro]
15:16:28 [gavinc]
Eric: I don't think either of us think the other is wrong.
15:16:33 [gavinc]
Peter: Just misguided
15:17:02 [gavinc]
Pat: Are we sure they are different?
15:17:39 [gavinc]
???: Sounds like we have agreement, accept for agreement
15:17:45 [sandro]
15:18:00 [webr3]
general note: pfps' approach is perhaps more similar to other well used specs (html and webapps ones) and thus may be more familiar to readers
15:19:49 [gavinc]
Peter: A good spec doesn't have different interpretations. A recipe often does.
15:20:25 [gavinc]
Eric: My main objection is to the recursive method vs the linner method
15:20:42 [sandro]
andy: A good set of test cases will help
15:20:49 [gavinc]
15:20:59 [webr3]
15:21:22 [gavinc]
AndyS: What happens around BNodes, what happens around escaping
15:21:24 [sandro]
andy: layering -- escaping, identifying terminals, etc
15:22:22 [ericP]
15:22:34 [ericP]
15:22:40 [gavinc]
AndyS: Deifine how each part is converted into each bit of a triple so that it can be reused (??)
15:23:44 [gavinc]
EricP: Using this grammer in TriG. Notion of reusing the grammer was part of the reason for giving it a linear parsing model. So that it could be reused in cases where there is a document after. Stole what I could from SPARQL
15:24:04 [gavinc]
EricP: Reuse of shared understanding from one spec or another
15:24:24 [gavinc]
15:24:40 [sandro]
andy: Yes, sharing between SPARQL and Turtle spec is good.
15:24:45 [webr3]
-> this one
15:25:01 [yvesr]
15:25:08 [gavinc]
Sandro: Reusing and sharing grammer?
15:25:12 [ericP]
-> pfps's mapping from Turtle grammar to an RDF graph
15:25:15 [gavinc]
Peter: There is no grammer in mine.
15:25:29 [gavinc]
Peter: It takes the AST, and turns the AST into triples
15:25:50 [gavinc]
Peter: Takes AST, silent to sequences, silent to Turtle doc
15:26:30 [gavinc]
Sandro: Add Peters spec to Turtle document?
15:26:37 [gavinc]
15:26:51 [gavinc]
Peter: Silly to have a recipe and then a spec
15:26:59 [gavinc]
Eric: Both are recipes
15:27:12 [gavinc]
Peter: Silly have a ??? followed by a ???
15:27:46 [pfps]
s/???/procedural spec/ s/???/non-procedural spec/
15:27:48 [sandro]
eric: Who has looked at both of these?
15:28:06 [sandro]
gavin: I did.
15:28:12 [sandro]
andy: As did I
15:28:24 [sandro]
gavin: I got stuck on how whitespace is to be handled in Turtle.
15:28:39 [sandro]
gavin: Got it mostly working, but I have no idea if this is correct.
15:28:52 [webr3]
15:28:57 [gavinc]
sandro, thank you
15:29:02 [Guus]
15:29:06 [gavinc]
15:29:27 [AndyS]
My parser does tokenization then parsing -- and it's streaming so working on a unit of same-subject makes sense.
15:29:27 [sandro]
ISSUE: How do we parse "18." in Turtle?
15:29:28 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-18 - How do we parse "18." in Turtle? ; please complete additional details at .
15:29:50 [yvesr]
ah - i thougt i raised that one but must have forgot
15:30:16 [yvesr]
15:30:38 [gavinc]
Guus: Peter do you mind being on Turtle TF?
15:30:47 [gavinc]
Peter: I like Graphs more then Turtle ;)
15:31:28 [yvesr]
i can edit the issue
15:31:40 [gavinc]
Guus: Two other issues with Turtle
15:31:47 [yvesr]
15:32:20 [gavinc]
Eric: I think all the terminals have an s at the end of them are supposed to be defined in the sparql spec.
15:32:35 [gavinc]
Eric: Lexical tokens are all the same as SPARQL
15:32:41 [sandro]
eric: re ISSUE-1 I think all the terminals have a link back to the SPARQL spec, except BASE and PREFIX. A few of the lower level productions are different, but the lack of variables makes it difference.
15:32:42 [AndyS]
close but not the same e.g. [ :p 123 ] .
15:33:07 [AndyS]
close but not the same e.g. [ ns:property 123 ] . (due to Ivan)
15:33:08 [SteveH]
INSER DATA { } doesn't allow variables does it?
15:33:10 [sandro]
ISSUE: Should TURTLE allow triples like "[ :p 123 ]." as SPARQL does ?
15:33:10 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-19 - Should TURTLE allow triples like "[ :p 123 ]." as SPARQL does ? ; please complete additional details at .
15:33:12 [SteveH]
15:33:44 [AndyS]
Same with "(1 2 3) ." -- uncommon
15:33:49 [ericP]
15:34:16 [webr3]
the diagram from n3 is quite good [related]
15:34:39 [Souri]
15:34:57 [ericP]
15:35:01 [gavinc]
Sandro: How are the languages related? How do I get from one to the other?
15:35:16 [sandro]
sandro: I want a complete and precise listing in this spec of how it differs from SPARQL. (base, prefix, variables, maybe terms - as - triples)
15:35:39 [AndyS]
SPARQL grammar cheats - just says "don't use variables" -- not part of formal grammar (grammar explosion)
15:36:28 [sandro]
sandro: just the bit of SPARQL that INSERT { ... }
15:37:06 [sandro]
sandro: it's smaller than BGP, it's just the INSERT part, not the WHERE part.
15:37:32 [AndyS]
INSERT DATA can include GRAPH :-)
15:39:11 [SteveH]
AndyS, true
15:39:28 [AlexHall]
CONSTRUCT template then?
15:39:29 [sandro]
sandro: why don't 6-16 have links to SPARQL?
15:39:40 [sandro]
eric: they are very similar, but different eg in allowing variables.
15:39:57 [gavinc]
Eric: 4.4, numbers with s at the end are the same as SPARQL. 6-16 don't match as Turtle doesn't have variables
15:41:12 [sandro]
peter: The SPARQL spec does the standard cheat of saying "you need whitespace where you need whitespace". ... a b 18. a b ...
15:41:33 [sandro]
eric: greedy lexer consumes the dot, simpler solution.
15:41:34 [zwu2]
15:41:38 [yvesr]
sandro: the turtle spec does the same...
15:41:50 [sandro]
15:41:50 [yvesr]
"White space (production ws) is used to separate two tokens which would otherwise be (mis-)recognized as one token"
15:42:05 [sandro]
15:42:09 [sandro]
I hate that.
15:42:10 [AndyS]
15:42:35 [sandro]
gavin: i have an issue on that. I can parse everything, unless it's a double. I can't figure out how to parse what you just said.
15:43:08 [sandro]
gavin: parser had to comment out the bit with numbers with dots in them.
15:43:15 [AndyS]
double has an 'e'
15:43:22 [sandro]
peter: typically, you do a greedy lexer, doing doubles and decimals.
15:43:40 [sandro]
peter: just about every programming language has this.
15:44:19 [gavinc]
15:44:20 [sandro]
AndyS: re LALR(1) parser. I think we want to go for LL(1), actually, so it can be done via Recursive Descent. Still need the right tokenizer.
15:44:47 [sandro]
ericP: I haven't noticed the difference manifesting for this.
15:45:24 [sandro]
15:45:28 [AndyS]
15:46:00 [AndyS]
15:46:10 [gavinc]
Sandro: Speaking as user. Not a grammar geek. Don't want to have to put a space before the period. I don't care if makes the parser harder.
15:46:53 [sandro]
peter: you only need to space after a number.
15:47:01 [sandro]
sandro: so code puts a space there
15:47:16 [gavinc]
AndyS: SPARQL allows for 18. to represent a number, the charter would not allow us to change that
15:47:24 [sandro]
andy: SPARQL 1.0 for better or worse requires the space after a number, and SPARQL 1.1 by its charter can't change that.
15:47:36 [sandro]
andy: I'm not saying it's a good decision, but that's where we are.
15:47:56 [gavinc]
andy: Prefix names do not end in a .
15:47:59 [sandro]
AndyS: Prefix names in SPARQL do not end with a .
15:48:01 [AndyS]
ack AndyS
15:48:11 [sandro]
ack sandro
15:48:21 [gavinc]
Subtopic: Turtle and Triples
15:48:57 [SteveH]
15:48:59 [gavinc]
Guus: Deprecate N-Triples and just use Turtle? N-Triples developed for test cases.
15:49:21 [ericP]
+1 to deprecating ntriples
15:49:31 [sandro]
peter: Yes, get rid of N-Triples!
15:49:51 [zwu2]
15:49:58 [zwu2]
zakim, unmute me
15:49:58 [Zakim]
zwu2 should no longer be muted
15:50:18 [gavinc]
AndyS: Easier to put N-Triples into Turtle, used as a dump format and import format
15:50:22 [gavinc]
15:50:25 [SteveH]
15:50:55 [AxelPolleres]
15:51:10 [sandro]
eric: repeating AndyS: I'd like a standard around N-Triples, it is out there, it is used, lets put it on a standards basis.
15:51:11 [ericP]
turtle: <암스테르담> a <Foo> .
15:51:12 [ericP]
ntriple: <> a <Foo> .
15:51:28 [webr3]
+1 to and a mime type
15:51:28 [ericP]
q+ to discuss differences between turtle and ntriples
15:51:35 [pfps]
what is required to turn an n-triples doc into a Turtle doc?
15:51:38 [sandro]
sandro: Can it be done as a small section of the Turtle grammar, specifuing the restrictions?
15:51:44 [sandro]
AndyS: Yes, and the mime type.
15:52:05 [webr3]
pfps, nothing iirc
15:52:26 [sandro]
sandro: would N-Triples be a sublanguage of Turtle?
15:52:29 [sandro]
AndyS: Yes.
15:52:59 [sandro]
AndyS: Could call it N-Turtle, if we want to distinguish it from N-Triples.
15:53:04 [gavinc]
+q ... and N-Quads? ;)
15:53:18 [gavinc]
-q ...
15:53:25 [gavinc]
-q N-Quads?
15:53:28 [gavinc]
-q ;)
15:53:35 [gavinc]
+q to talk about N-Quads
15:53:38 [sandro]
ericP: Difference is in IRIs. In N-triples, we we have to do percent-decoding.
15:53:52 [Guus]
[sorry, wasn't looking at the q]
15:54:04 [webr3]
ericP, we need it to be UTF-8 and a subset of turtle
15:54:13 [sandro]
AndyS: I would make N-Turtle, and have it be utf-8.
15:54:44 [sandro]
AndyS: I do come across utf-8 N-triples, and also ascii, with percent-encoding.
15:54:44 [webr3]
+1 likewise, many didn't know it couldn't be ascii in a recent thread on semantic-web
15:54:56 [sandro]
Eric: Some of it is broken, and which way do we want to unbreak it.
15:55:03 [sandro]
+1 use IRIs
15:55:04 [AndyS]
N-Turtle is preferrable UTF-8
15:55:04 [ericP]
15:55:04 [webr3]
15:55:05 [ww]
+1 and likewise for nquads
15:55:10 [sandro]
Guus: +1 use IRIs
15:55:26 [m029206__]
m029206__ has joined #rdf-wg
15:55:27 [sandro]
steve:+1 Andy
15:55:37 [gavinc]
SteveH: I agree with Andy. We should make N-Triples a subset of Turtle, give it a mimetype and make it UTF-8
15:55:39 [Zakim]
15:56:03 [AndyS]
Need a different name (RDF-data?) and explain that it's N-Triples made into a standard.
15:56:10 [gavinc]
Yvesr: Oracle position, it's really easy to parse
15:56:17 [sandro]
zwu2: Oracle uses N-Triples heavily. We don't want it deprecated. Yes, it's long but it's REALLY EASY TO PARSE. Folks zip it up. So backward compatibility is important to us.
15:56:23 [gavinc]
Ah, wrong name
15:56:50 [gavinc]
zwu2: Existing N-Triples should be valid as well.
15:56:54 [sandro]
guus: Oracle okay with using IRIs?
15:57:05 [sandro]
zwu2: Yes, I think
15:57:08 [Zakim]
15:57:13 [yvesr]
Zakim, ??P11 is yvesr
15:57:13 [Zakim]
+yvesr; got it
15:57:26 [sandro]
ericP: This change would affect the meaning of any NTriples documents with "%" in them.
15:57:42 [SteveH]
q+ to disagree with ericP
15:57:44 [Souri]
+1 to raising an issue
15:57:48 [ww]
+q to ask rhetorcally if N-Turtle would be harder to parse than N-Triples, pace backwards compatibility
15:57:50 [zwu2]
ack zwu2
15:57:54 [ww]
15:57:57 [zwu2]
15:58:28 [Guus]
15:58:28 [sandro]
ACTION: AndyS to make concrete "N-Turtle" proposal
15:58:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-23 - Make concrete "N-Turtle" proposal [on Andy Seaborne - due 2011-04-06].
15:58:42 [ericP]
text/ntriples+turtle would be consistent with RFC3023 §7 ¶1
15:58:43 [SteveH]
ericP, I'm not sure says you should decode %s
15:58:44 [SteveH]
15:59:09 [AndyS]
+1 to Steve.
15:59:11 [sandro]
SteveH: I'm not sure N-Triples doc says you need to unpack %-encoding
15:59:16 [gavinc]
SteveH: N-Triples doesn't say you have to un % encode things
15:59:18 [sandro]
Eric: Oh, that would be excellent
15:59:24 [Guus]
ack gavinc
15:59:24 [Zakim]
gavinc, you wanted to talk about N-Quads
15:59:35 [ww]
15:59:43 [AndyS]
NT has it's own esacaping via \u
15:59:49 [SteveH]
15:59:49 [sandro]
16:00:50 [sandro]
sandro: basic non-answer is that N-Quads is part of the [GRAPHS] task force, and it hasn't made enough progress yet to know.
16:01:12 [gavinc]
Guus: I think that's all the issues. Unless we missed something?
16:01:26 [AndyS]
raise issue against product turtle so we come back to it when [graph] done with it
16:01:42 [gavinc]
Sandro: Issue-19, diffrence between SPARQL and Turtle. In N3 and SPARQL you can do a BNode production... you can make a statement by just having it []
16:01:53 [AndyS]
e.g. [ ns:foo 132 ; ns:bar ] .
16:02:37 [gavinc]
AndyS: Yes, it should be part of Turtle.
16:02:45 [sandro]
Pat: me too.
16:02:50 [gavinc]
Pat: Yes, it should be in Turtle.
16:02:51 [ericP]
sounds good to me
16:02:55 [gavinc]
16:02:57 [webr3]
16:03:09 [SteveH]
raptor parses it too, fwiw
16:03:15 [AndyS]
Be careful that "[] ." does no parse
16:03:20 [cygri]
cygri has joined #rdf-wg
16:03:32 [AndyS]
Be careful that "[] ." does not parse
16:03:40 [pfps]
I'll speak up here.
16:03:49 [SteveH]
[ <foo> 132 ; <bar> 23 ] . = two triples in raptor
16:04:11 [gavinc]
Gavin: I think most parsers work this way already
16:04:17 [gavinc]
Sandro: Maybe gather more data?
16:04:20 [Zakim]
16:04:25 [AndyS]
Jena RIOT accepts it (as 2 triples)
16:04:46 [sandro]
excellent, if Jena and Raptor and rdflib are happy with it, I'm happy with it. :-)
16:04:48 [webr3]
my parsers do too, two triples.
16:04:56 [hsbauer]
Gavin please add my name to attendees
16:04:58 [gavinc]
Guus: I hope we can make some progress on this at the F2F
16:05:02 [pathayes]
the parsers speak...
16:05:22 [gavinc]
Topic: General Issues
16:05:36 [gavinc]
Sandro: Should we talk more about the F2F?
16:05:57 [gavinc]
Guus: We won't get to these general issues today.
16:06:32 [gavinc]
Guus: Are there any women in this WG?
16:06:34 [gavinc]
Gavin: No.
16:06:42 [Zakim]
16:07:11 [AndyS]
ACTION: Andy to write collect issues and write a proposal standardizing N-Triples.
16:07:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-24 - Write collect issues and write a proposal standardizing N-Triples. [on Andy Seaborne - due 2011-04-06].
16:07:25 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has left #rdf-wg
16:07:53 [mbrunati]
me on JSON TF, I'll try to do my best .) for the F2F
16:08:14 [Zakim]
16:08:26 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rdf-wg
16:09:06 [gavinc]
Sandro: Job of the presentor is to make sure the people at the F2F have a good idea of what's going on
16:09:29 [pathayes]
you dont have to use powerpoint....
16:09:57 [gavinc]
SteveH: Yeah, I'll do the Turtle TF presentation at the F2F
16:10:42 [gavinc]
Guus: Richard in the best position to give this overview
16:11:04 [gavinc]
16:11:52 [gavinc]
Guus: JSON, hard to summarize
16:11:58 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has left #rdf-wg
16:12:05 [Zakim]
16:12:08 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rdf-wg
16:13:02 [gavinc]
Sandro: I'll ask Thomas to present JSON TF at the F2F
16:13:14 [gavinc]
Guus: Good to do a summary of the Other Things.
16:13:46 [gavinc]
Sandro: Willing to present deprecation issues
16:13:59 [gavinc]
Sandro: Make Ivan do the other ones.
16:14:32 [Guus]
16:14:45 [gavinc]
Guus: Thank you all. See you next week.
16:14:51 [Zakim]
- +1.850.377.aadd
16:14:58 [zwu2]
16:15:02 [Zakim]
16:15:03 [Zakim]
16:15:06 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has left #rdf-wg
16:15:07 [Zakim]
16:15:08 [cmatheus]
cmatheus has left #rdf-wg
16:15:08 [Zakim]
16:15:09 [AZ]
16:15:14 [Zakim]
16:15:16 [hsbauer]
gavin please add my name to the attendance list as Scott Bauer
16:15:17 [AlexHall]
AlexHall has left #rdf-wg
16:15:33 [gavinc]
Will do
16:15:56 [Zakim]
16:16:12 [hsbauer]
Thanks, I don't seem to be able to get myself id'ed on the port I'm connecting with
16:16:12 [Zakim]
16:16:20 [Guus]
zakim, who is here?
16:16:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see gavinc, Tony, David, mbrunati, +20598aabb, Peter_Patel-Schneider, Sandro, AndyS
16:17:16 [Zakim]
16:17:49 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #rdf-wg
16:18:52 [Zakim]
- +20598aabb
16:19:36 [Zakim]
16:19:38 [Zakim]
16:20:42 [Zakim]
16:21:19 [AndyS]
AndyS has left #rdf-wg
16:21:25 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
16:21:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see gavinc, David, Sandro
16:21:35 [Zakim]
16:22:36 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #rdf-wg
16:24:54 [Zakim]
16:24:55 [Zakim]
16:24:55 [Zakim]
SW_RDFWG()11:00AM has ended
16:24:57 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.707.861.aaaa, Tony, yvesr, SteveH__, gavinc, David, mbrunati, +20598aabb, AxelPolleres, OlivierCorby, Peter_Patel-Schneider, zwu2, EricP, Sandro, AndyS, AlexHall,
16:25:00 [Zakim]
... AZ, webr3, Souri_, +1.850.377.aadd, cmatheus
16:55:20 [mischat]
mischat has joined #rdf-wg
17:41:37 [cygri]
cygri has joined #rdf-wg
17:52:53 [danbri]
danbri has joined #rdf-wg
18:21:36 [danbri]
danbri has joined #rdf-wg
18:44:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rdf-wg
18:50:31 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #rdf-wg
19:05:54 [mischat]
mischat has joined #rdf-wg
21:08:52 [SteveH]
SteveH has joined #rdf-wg
22:54:00 [danbri]
danbri has joined #rdf-wg