IRC log of svg on 2011-02-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:30:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #svg
19:30:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/02/09-svg-irc
19:30:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:30:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #svg
19:30:29 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GA_SVGWG
19:30:29 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see GA_SVGWG(SVG1)2:30PM scheduled to start now
19:30:30 [trackbot]
Meeting: SVG Working Group Teleconference
19:30:30 [trackbot]
Date: 09 February 2011
19:30:57 [Zakim]
GA_SVGWG(SVG1)2:30PM has now started
19:31:05 [Zakim]
+??P3
19:31:12 [Zakim]
+Doug_Schepers
19:31:21 [ed]
Zakim, ??P3 is me
19:31:21 [Zakim]
+ed; got it
19:31:41 [tbah]
tbah has joined #svg
19:33:02 [Zakim]
+ +39.537.7.aaaa
19:38:59 [pdengler]
pdengler has joined #svg
19:39:14 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
19:42:28 [ed]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JanMar/0136.html
19:43:17 [ed]
Chair: erik
19:44:03 [ed]
agenda+ SVG integration issues - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JanMar/0135.html
19:44:16 [shepazu]
scribenick: shepazu
19:44:34 [shepazu]
Topic: SVG in HTML / SVG Integration
19:45:34 [shepazu]
tbah: I've sent in some use cases for using SVG as a substitute for PNG, with a PNG fallback, and I'm running into sandboxing issues around events
19:49:35 [shepazu]
shepazu: given <a href="foo.html"><iframe or object/></a> or <div onclick="foo()"><iframe or object/></div>, is there a security problem with firing an event in the host document, as well as any interaction within the referenced SVG?
19:52:51 [shepazu]
pdengler: this works in IE9
19:53:21 [shepazu]
tbah: not in any other browser I tested
19:53:27 [ed]
if the data attribute in <object type="image/svg+xml" data="buttonA.svg"> was replaced to point to an html document instead, would the same thing happen?
19:56:30 [shepazu]
pdengler: yes, works with .html as well
19:57:29 [ChrisL]
ChrisL has joined #svg
19:58:12 [Zakim]
+ChrisL
19:59:11 [ChrisL]
rrsagent, here
19:59:11 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/02/09-svg-irc#T19-59-11
19:59:16 [shepazu]
shepazu: works as img in WebKit, doesn't work as object
20:01:33 [ChrisL]
tref should be able to solve some of the text issues
20:01:42 [ChrisL]
but is inconsistently implemented
20:03:11 [shepazu]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/param/master/SVGParamPrimer.html
20:03:57 [shepazu]
ChrisL: could be good to have alt text brought in as SVG tref content
20:05:15 [shepazu]
ed: would be good to have a table of browser results, also with .html content as well as .svg
20:06:02 [shepazu]
shepazu: maybe Tav can help with SVG Integration spec
20:06:07 [shepazu]
tbah: sure
20:07:33 [shepazu]
tbah: looks like "currentColor" lets you reuse CSS from outside SVG
20:07:42 [shepazu]
ChrisL: only in the same tree
20:08:35 [shepazu]
shepazu: would be nice to be able to inherit style from parent document, if there's no security problem
20:09:20 [ed]
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/the-iframe-element.html#the-iframe-element
20:09:47 [shepazu]
ed: we should be able to use @seamless
20:10:07 [shepazu]
ed: we should apply that to other types of inclusion for SVG2
20:11:19 [pdengler]
scribeNick: pdengler
20:12:59 [pdengler]
action: to tbah to create table of results from Tav's test on http://tavmjong.free.fr/SVG/BUTTON_TEST/button_test.html
20:12:59 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - to
20:13:09 [pdengler]
action: tbah to to create table of results from Tav's test on http://tavmjong.free.fr/SVG/BUTTON_TEST/button_test.html
20:13:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2954 - To create table of results from Tav's test on http://tavmjong.free.fr/SVG/BUTTON_TEST/button_test.html [on Tavmjong Bah - due 2011-02-16].
20:13:17 [Zakim]
- +39.537.7.aaaa
20:13:28 [pdengler]
topic: SVG 1.1 2nd edition
20:13:55 [Zakim]
+ +39.537.7.aabb
20:13:57 [pdengler]
ed: Anthonyh checked in changes for issue:2339 for elevation filters and added a test
20:14:14 [ed]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JanMar/0134.html
20:14:18 [pdengler]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2339
20:14:21 [ed]
ISSUE-2339?
20:14:21 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2339 -- Last Call Comment: definition of azimuth, elevation for feDistantLight -- open
20:14:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2339
20:14:52 [pdengler]
ed: We have to just all agree it's a good change and review the tests.
20:15:04 [pdengler]
actin: ed to review tests for issue #2339 / filters feDistantLight
20:15:10 [pdengler]
action: ed to review tests for issue #2339 / filters feDistantLight
20:15:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2955 - Review tests for issue #2339 / filters feDistantLight [on Erik Dahlström - due 2011-02-16].
20:16:59 [ed]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Full_11
20:18:13 [pdengler]
ed: all other of my work items are mostly closed
20:18:36 [pdengler]
ChrisL: I have an open action of removing wording on higlighting link. There was a related item on fixing the tests.
20:18:43 [pdengler]
ChrisL: Those are checked in.
20:18:55 [pdengler]
ChrisL: I also have the changing the appendix action which I am half way through with
20:19:37 [pdengler]
topic : Last few test cases on Test Matrix
20:19:45 [ed]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/implementation_matrix.html
20:20:16 [pdengler]
shepazu: What else remains?
20:20:26 [pdengler]
ed: Need to produce implementation report
20:20:40 [pdengler]
ChrisL: What we are using is a perfectly good impelmentation report
20:21:24 [pdengler]
pdengler has joined #svg
20:21:33 [pdengler]
ChrisL: Broken links and valid HTML can take a while to hunt down
20:23:51 [ed]
text-altglyph-02-b
20:27:47 [pdengler]
ed: We need at least one implementation to move on
20:28:28 [pdengler]
ed: Opera passes and batik has a partial passing. This might be one that heycam could look at.
20:28:41 [pdengler]
ed: We could split the case into to parts
20:28:49 [pdengler]
pdengler: If we do that can we put it into the "fonts" category
20:29:24 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #svg
20:29:32 [pdengler]
action: ed to split the tests and consider renaming to Fonts prefix
20:29:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2956 - Split the tests and consider renaming to Fonts prefix [on Erik Dahlström - due 2011-02-16].
20:30:08 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
20:30:19 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft.a] is adrianba
20:30:19 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
20:31:07 [ed]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-dom-04-f.svg
20:32:27 [pdengler]
ed: Batik / Safari partial pass and Opera passes.
20:33:08 [pdengler]
action: ed to split up test http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-dom-04-f.svg and recategorize under fonts
20:33:09 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2957 - Split up test http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-dom-04-f.svg and recategorize under fonts [on Erik Dahlström - due 2011-02-16].
20:33:23 [ChrisL]
linking-uri-02-b
20:34:07 [ChrisL]
need retests results for linking-uri-02-b and metadata-example-01-t for IE9 and Safari
20:35:10 [ed]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-dom-05-f.svg
20:38:31 [Zakim]
-ChrisL
20:39:08 [Zakim]
+ChrisL
20:39:35 [ed]
"The test relies on support for WebFonts - either SVG Fonts, or WOFF, or OpenType."
20:39:44 [ed]
but no WOFF or opentype fonts are linked to
20:41:03 [pdengler]
ChrisL: This font is used in a few spots and I cannot convert this font. But I will make a font that works for this test
20:41:39 [pdengler]
ed: It relies on the advances of the fonts
20:42:20 [pdengler]
action: ChrisL to provide alternate font for tp://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-dom-05-f.svg to test the DOM methods if SVGFonts is not implemented (using WOFF or some other font)
20:42:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2958 - Provide alternate font for tp://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-dom-05-f.svg to test the DOM methods if SVGFonts is not implemented (using WOFF or some other font) [on Chris Lilley - due 2011-02-16].
20:42:36 [ChrisL]
fontforge seems to have an issue with importing svg fonts that use characters beyone plane zero
20:42:44 [pdengler]
ed: As a back up plan, we could pull this out of the test suite and hold for a future time
20:42:59 [ed]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-text-05-t.svg
20:47:27 [ed]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JanMar/0019.html
20:47:33 [pdengler]
action: ed to break down test http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-text-05-t.svg and determine correctness; change SVG Font to give proper alignment
20:47:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2959 - Break down test http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/text-text-05-t.svg and determine correctness; change SVG Font to give proper alignment [on Erik Dahlström - due 2011-02-16].
20:48:32 [pdengler]
topic: SVG Face to Face
20:48:38 [ed]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/F2F/Auckland_2011/Agenda
20:50:13 [ed]
If you are leading a session or have proposals up for discussion, these must be on the wiki by Monday 14 February 2011 so that participants have a chance to read and consider them before the meeting.
20:50:25 [pdengler]
pdengler has joined #svg
20:51:01 [pdengler]
ed: Make sure that agenda items have associated wiki content for your topics by Monday 2/15
20:51:03 [pdengler]
ed: Make sure that agenda items have associated wiki content for your topics by Monday 2/14
20:51:21 [pdengler]
ed: Heycam and I will arrange agenda page and allocate time.
20:52:34 [pdengler]
topic: marker colors and path colors
20:52:37 [ed]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2011JanMar/0137.html
20:54:18 [Zakim]
- +39.537.7.aabb
20:54:40 [tbah]
Just got hung up on, be back in a sec...
20:55:36 [Zakim]
+ +39.537.7.aacc
21:02:52 [Zakim]
-ChrisL
21:03:06 [Zakim]
-adrianba
21:03:07 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
21:03:09 [Zakim]
-ed
21:03:09 [Zakim]
-Doug_Schepers
21:03:11 [Zakim]
- +39.537.7.aacc
21:03:12 [Zakim]
GA_SVGWG(SVG1)2:30PM has ended
21:03:14 [Zakim]
Attendees were Doug_Schepers, ed, +39.537.7.aaaa, [Microsoft], ChrisL, +39.537.7.aabb, adrianba, +39.537.7.aacc
21:03:31 [ed]
trackbot, close telcon
21:03:31 [trackbot]
Sorry, ed, I don't understand 'trackbot, close telcon'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
21:03:44 [ed]
rrs-agent, make minutes
21:03:49 [ed]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:03:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/02/09-svg-minutes.html ed