IRC log of tagmem on 2010-11-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

08:26:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
08:26:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to
08:26:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
08:26:29 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TAG
08:26:29 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
08:26:30 [trackbot]
Meeting: Technical Architecture Group Teleconference
08:26:30 [trackbot]
Date: 01 November 2010
08:26:55 [DKA]
Chair: Noah
08:26:59 [DKA]
Scribe: Dan
08:27:03 [DKA]
ScribeNick: DKA
08:27:07 [DKA]
Topic: TAG Election
08:27:30 [masinter`]
masinter` has joined #tagmem
08:27:36 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
08:27:36 [Zakim]
sorry, DKA, I don't know what conference this is
08:27:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see masinter`, RRSAgent, Zakim, DKA, timbl, noah, trackbot, Yves
08:27:43 [DKA]
zakim, this is tag
08:27:43 [Zakim]
sorry, DKA, I do not see a conference named 'tag' in progress or scheduled at this time
08:30:08 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #tagmem
08:30:44 [masinter`]
topic: tag election
08:31:15 [DKA]
scribenick: DKA
08:31:22 [DKA]
Topic: Review of Activities at TPAC
08:31:58 [DKA]
Noah: re: HTML - HTML wg is running an unconference...
08:33:14 [DKA]
[discussion on possible topics at other working groups]
08:34:39 [noah]
DKA: Based on Mountain View discussion, I sent email to following groups:
08:34:46 [noah]
1) Web apps
08:34:49 [noah]
2) Device apis
08:34:52 [noah]
3) geo location
08:34:55 [noah]
08:35:03 [noah]
DKA: I got back notes from:
08:35:30 [noah]
Frederick Hirsch (representing device APIs): meeting with us might be useful
08:35:31 [Yves]
Geolocation/DeviceAPI meeting thu/fri
08:36:14 [noah]
Art Barstow: send a personal note DKA
08:36:43 [noah]
Device APIs is Thurs/Fri.
08:36:57 [noah]
DKA: Thought I'd sit on part of DAP and geolocation
08:37:23 [noah]
Ashok: "as of this writing, Web apps will not meet Monday Nov. 1"
08:37:49 [noah]
ACTION: Noah to reach out to Device APIs chair to see about joint TAG session
08:37:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-494 - Reach out to Device APIs chair to see about joint TAG session [on Noah Mendelsohn - due 2010-11-08].
08:38:06 [noah]
DKA: I was thinking of attending both Device APIs and geolocation
08:38:39 [masinter`]
there are a couple of topics that I think we could discuss with Device APIs and geolocation
08:40:17 [DKA]
DAP Agenda:
08:41:01 [noah]
DKA: see 6) Rulesets
08:41:01 [noah]
Working session re issues. Which issues do we address and which don't we?
08:41:01 [noah]
proposed RESOLUTION: publish FPWD of Privacy Rulesets
08:41:13 [noah]
08:43:02 [lmm]
The things I want to talk about are more general than their action items -- e.g., how to manage extensibility in APIs, interaction of policy based requirements like accessibility, privacy, security with API definitions
08:43:10 [noah]
NM: I'll give Fred a choice of late morning, or after 3PM on Thurs.
08:44:49 [DKA]
Larry: re: DAP - I'd like to discuss extensibility and other architectural topics with them relevant to w3c - how we design specs.
08:44:51 [noah]
NM: Yes, I'm really interested in extensibility design in the APIs