IRC log of rdb2rdf on 2010-03-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:04:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdb2rdf
16:04:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/03/16-rdb2rdf-irc
16:04:38 [MacTed]
Zakim, who's here?
16:04:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.603.897.aaaa, [IPcaller], +1.512.471.aabb, Souri_Das, +043316876aadd, Ashok_Malhotra, +1.781.273.aaee
16:04:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, li_ma, whalb, Seema, juansequeda, MacTed, LeeF, nunolopes, iv_an_ru, trackbot, ericP
16:04:52 [cygri]
cygri has joined #rdb2rdf
16:05:06 [MacTed]
Zakim, aaee is OpenLink_Software
16:05:06 [MacTed]
Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
16:05:06 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
16:05:06 [Zakim]
+OpenLink_Software; got it
16:05:08 [Zakim]
+MacTed; got it
16:05:08 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
16:05:10 [Zakim]
+ +03539149aaff
16:05:34 [nunolopes]
Zakim, aaff is nunolopes
16:05:34 [Zakim]
+nunolopes; got it
16:05:45 [whalb]
zakim, aadd is whalb
16:05:46 [Zakim]
+whalb; got it
16:06:04 [Seema]
Zakim, aaaa is Seema
16:06:04 [Zakim]
+Seema; got it
16:06:09 [nunolopes]
Zakim, cygri is with nunolopes
16:06:09 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
16:06:14 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #rdb2rdf
16:06:35 [Ashok]
scribenick:juansequeda
16:06:38 [MacTed]
trackbot is failing to start the meeting ... but RRSAgent and Zakim are now here and seem to know what's going on
16:06:54 [Ashok]
zakim, this is rdb2rdf
16:06:54 [Zakim]
Ashok, this was already SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM
16:06:55 [Zakim]
ok, Ashok; that matches SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM
16:09:37 [Ashok]
present:+ souri, juan, dan_miranker, seema, richard, nuno, wolfgang, ashok
16:09:46 [Ashok]
chair: Ashok
16:10:04 [Ashok]
present+ LiMa
16:10:48 [Ashok]
Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-RDB2RDF-minutes.html
16:10:52 [whalb]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:10:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/16-rdb2rdf-minutes.html whalb
16:11:33 [MacTed]
Zakim, who's noisy?
16:11:44 [Zakim]
MacTed, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Ashok_Malhotra (25%), [IPcaller] (25%), Souri_Das (40%)
16:11:46 [Ashok]
resolution: minutes from 3/9 approved
16:12:35 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute Souri_Das
16:12:35 [Zakim]
Souri_Das should now be muted
16:13:04 [juansequeda]
Update on usecases
16:13:40 [juansequeda]
Juan is making progress on the RNA usecase in order to present it as previous usecases in w3c documents
16:16:06 [juansequeda]
Discussion on the semantics of the language, per the email thread of this weak
16:17:10 [juansequeda]
cygri: if we stick to the semantics of standard sparql, it shouldn't be that complicated
16:18:24 [juansequeda]
... we must come up with a list of things that must be possible (string concatenation)
16:18:25 [Ashok]
Ricard: Value transfiormation functions in SPARQL are very important
16:19:20 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #rdb2rdf
16:19:27 [juansequeda]
Ashok: do you think the mapping language will be overly expressive ?
16:20:00 [Ashok]
s/think/worry/
16:20:02 [juansequeda]
cygri: the expressivity should be along SQL
16:21:32 [juansequeda]
... if the mapping language is a bunch of view definitions, then it is reasonable and we have to understand that different implementation would restrict what can be added
16:21:38 [juansequeda]
... but this won't affect the language
16:22:41 [Zakim]
-Souri_Das
16:22:53 [juansequeda]
ACTION: cygri to send mail to the wg regarding expressivity of the language
16:22:53 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - cygri
16:23:11 [cygri]
rcygania2
16:23:16 [juansequeda]
ACTION: rcygania2 to send mail to the wg regarding expressivity of the language
16:23:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-34 - Send mail to the wg regarding expressivity of the language [on Richard Cyganiak - due 2010-03-23].
16:26:02 [juansequeda]
Seema: we updated the page http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/RDB-to-RDF_mapping:_A_SQL-based_Approach
16:26:02 [juansequeda]
... we are expecting feedback from the group.
16:26:02 [juansequeda]
... and hopefully we can organize a telcon this week
16:26:40 [juansequeda]
There isn't anybody from the RDF mapping group to tell us what is going on
16:27:44 [juansequeda]
cygri: about the usecases, there are some things that I think that they should be included, but they are low level.
16:27:50 [juansequeda]
... it is about specific transformations
16:28:27 [juansequeda]
... we have an email in a RDB and we need to expose this as a hash, a common thing to do in RDF
16:28:42 [juansequeda]
... I have a list of all these small things
16:29:08 [juansequeda]
Ashok: this looks like requirements instead of usecases
16:29:48 [juansequeda]
.. and this usually goes on a requirements document
16:29:54 [juansequeda]
... is there a wiki page for this already?
16:30:49 [juansequeda]
... there is already a requirement/ddl wiki page: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Requirements/DDLCoverage
16:30:58 [Ashok]
Requirements wiki: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Requirements/DDLCoverage
16:31:29 [juansequeda]
cygri: in the sparql wg, they had a use case and requirement document
16:31:39 [juansequeda]
... the requirements were connected to the use cases
16:32:33 [juansequeda]
Ashok: cygri, can you please look at the existing requirement wiki page and see if you can fix this up or make a new one
16:33:00 [Zakim]
-MacTed
16:33:04 [cygri]
juansequeda, can you give me an action for this?
16:33:04 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
16:33:05 [Zakim]
- +1.512.471.aabb
16:33:07 [Zakim]
-Seema
16:33:07 [Zakim]
-whalb
16:33:08 [Zakim]
-nunolopes
16:33:15 [Ashok]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:33:24 [Ashok]
rrsagent, create minutes
16:33:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/16-rdb2rdf-minutes.html Ashok
16:33:43 [juansequeda]
ACTION: rcygania2 to create or reorganize the requirement wiki page
16:33:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-35 - Create or reorganize the requirement wiki page [on Richard Cyganiak - due 2010-03-23].
16:33:50 [juansequeda]
cygri, done
16:34:05 [Ashok]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:34:15 [Ashok]
rrsagent, create minutes
16:34:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/16-rdb2rdf-minutes.html Ashok
16:35:26 [Ashok]
trackbot, end meeting
16:35:26 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
16:35:26 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.603.897.aaaa, [IPcaller], +1.512.471.aabb, +043316876aacc, Souri_Das, +043316876aadd, Ashok_Malhotra, +1.781.273.aaee, MacTed,
16:35:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
16:35:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/16-rdb2rdf-minutes.html trackbot
16:35:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
16:35:28 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/16-rdb2rdf-actions.rdf :
16:35:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cygri to send mail to the wg regarding expressivity of the language [1]
16:35:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/16-rdb2rdf-irc#T16-22-53
16:35:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: rcygania2 to send mail to the wg regarding expressivity of the language [2]
16:35:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/16-rdb2rdf-irc#T16-23-16
16:35:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: rcygania2 to create or reorganize the requirement wiki page [3]
16:35:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/16-rdb2rdf-irc#T16-33-43
16:35:30 [Zakim]
... +03539149aaff, nunolopes, whalb, Seema, cygri