IRC log of rdb2rdf on 2010-03-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:56:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdb2rdf
16:56:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-irc
16:56:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:56:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rdb2rdf
16:56:43 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7322733
16:56:43 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
16:56:44 [trackbot]
Meeting: RDB2RDF Working Group Teleconference
16:56:44 [trackbot]
Date: 09 March 2010
16:56:52 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2010Mar/0016.html
16:56:57 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Ahmed
16:57:04 [Marcelo]
Marcelo has joined #rdb2rdf
16:57:06 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: mhausenblas
16:57:29 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Admin
16:57:36 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:57:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:57:43 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:58:43 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Richard
16:58:46 [Zakim]
SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM has now started
16:58:51 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Li
16:58:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.562.249.aaaa
16:58:58 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Ben
16:59:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aabb
16:59:03 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:59:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:59:37 [Zakim]
+juansequeda
16:59:47 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
16:59:56 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, nunolopes is with mhausenblas
16:59:56 [Zakim]
+nunolopes; got it
17:00:07 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
17:00:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.562.249.aaaa, +1.603.897.aabb, juansequeda, mhausenblas
17:00:09 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has mhausenblas, nunolopes
17:00:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Marcelo, Zakim, RRSAgent, Seema, juansequeda, MacTed, LeeF, nunolopes, mhausenblas, iv_an_ru, trackbot, ericP
17:00:13 [Zakim]
+??P15
17:00:14 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #rdb2rdf
17:00:39 [Seema]
+897.aabb is Seema
17:00:50 [Ahmed]
Ahmed has joined #RDB2RDF
17:01:36 [Zakim]
+OpenLink_Software
17:01:44 [MacTed]
Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
17:01:44 [Zakim]
+MacTed; got it
17:01:47 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
17:01:47 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
17:02:48 [Seema]
Zakim, .+1.603.897.aabb is me
17:02:48 [Zakim]
sorry, Seema, I do not recognize a party named '.+1.603.897.aabb'
17:03:01 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
17:03:09 [MacTed]
Zakim, aabb is Seema
17:03:09 [Zakim]
+Seema; got it
17:03:33 [Seema]
Thanks MacTed
17:03:43 [MacTed]
hth
17:03:44 [Zakim]
+Souri_Das
17:03:54 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Soeren
17:04:28 [angela_UNITN]
angela_UNITN has joined #RDB2RDF
17:04:42 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: accept minutes from last telecon http://www.w3.org/2010/03/02-rdb2rdf-minutes.html
17:05:03 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: WG accepts minutes from last telecon http://www.w3.org/2010/03/02-rdb2rdf-minutes.html
17:05:10 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/actions/open
17:05:25 [Zakim]
+ +39.046.128.aacc
17:05:35 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
17:06:01 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
17:06:24 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-30?
17:06:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-30 -- Angela Fogarolli to put up data integration use-case -- due 2010-03-09 -- OPEN
17:06:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/actions/30
17:06:33 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-30
17:06:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-30 Put up data integration use-case closed
17:06:40 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-31?
17:06:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-31 -- Juan Sequeda to rNA alignment sequence use-cases -- due 2010-03-09 -- OPEN
17:06:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/actions/31
17:06:44 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-31
17:06:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-31 RNA alignment sequence use-cases closed
17:06:55 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-32?
17:06:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 -- Sören Auer to use-case for web-publishing -- due 2010-03-09 -- OPEN
17:06:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/actions/32
17:06:59 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-32
17:06:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-32 Use-case for web-publishing closed
17:08:04 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Team updates
17:08:54 [mhausenblas]
Michael: can you please put the link to the Wiki on IRC?
17:09:11 [ericP]
hi all, sorry i'm late
17:09:18 [mhausenblas]
yes
17:09:22 [ericP]
challenges stemming from being on the road
17:09:26 [mhausenblas]
hehe
17:09:29 [ericP]
working on dialing in now
17:09:35 [Seema]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/RDB-to-RDF_mapping:_A_SQL-based_Approach
17:09:44 [mhausenblas]
thanks Seema
17:10:12 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's making noise?
17:10:23 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
17:11:02 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
17:11:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.562.249.aaaa, Seema, juansequeda, ??P15, MacTed (muted), Ashok_Malhotra, Souri_Das, +39.046.128.aacc, mhausenblas
17:11:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see angela_UNITN, Ahmed, Ashok, Marcelo, Zakim, RRSAgent, Seema, juansequeda, MacTed, LeeF, nunolopes, mhausenblas, iv_an_ru, trackbot, ericP
17:12:23 [mhausenblas]
Souri reports on progress
17:12:30 [Zakim]
+mscottm
17:12:38 [mhausenblas]
Ahmed: do the two teams use the same schema?
17:12:47 [mhausenblas]
... needed to compare
17:13:39 [ericP]
Zakim, mscottm is temporarily ericP
17:13:39 [Zakim]
+ericP; got it
17:14:08 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:14:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-minutes.html mhausenblas
17:16:03 [mhausenblas]
Ahmed: before we go too far we should have a meeting dedicated to review the two group's output so far and give feedback
17:20:52 [mhausenblas]
Michael: will create a FPWD out of the http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements by end of March
17:21:52 [Zakim]
-Souri_Das
17:24:06 [mhausenblas]
Michael: the teams should 1. have a good name, 2. list their members, 3. be linked from the main Wiki page
17:24:52 [mhausenblas]
... this is actually ericP's ACTION-29
17:25:17 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Use Cases
17:25:24 [mhausenblas]
ericP: we have 5 UC currently
17:25:46 [mhausenblas]
... UC1 HCLS RDB2RDF
17:25:56 [mhausenblas]
... UC2 BioPAX Use Cases
17:26:07 [mhausenblas]
... UC3 Integrating Enterprise Relational databases for tax control
17:27:47 [mhausenblas]
s/we have 5 UC currently/we have six UC currently
17:28:10 [mhausenblas]
ericP: UC4 ... Web applications
17:28:18 [mhausenblas]
... UC5 Uniprot
17:28:30 [mhausenblas]
... UC6 rCAD: RNA Comparative Analysis Database
17:30:23 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I'd suggest to merge UC1, UC2 and UC5
17:30:32 [mhausenblas]
... we need to be balanced
17:33:31 [mhausenblas]
Michael: please, all UC writers have a look at http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-scenarios/ for examples; this is how I'd expect UC to look like
17:34:01 [mhausenblas]
... or also http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-dawg-uc/#uc
17:34:50 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:34:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-minutes.html mhausenblas
17:39:08 [MacTed]
Zakim, unmute me
17:39:08 [Zakim]
MacTed should no longer be muted
17:46:15 [mhausenblas]
(group discusses focus and motivation for UC)
17:48:36 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
17:48:36 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
17:48:38 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #rdb2rdf
17:49:27 [MacTed]
Zakim, unmute me
17:49:27 [Zakim]
MacTed should no longer be muted
17:50:03 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
17:50:08 [mhausenblas]
again
17:50:09 [mhausenblas]
sorry
17:50:28 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
17:51:00 [mhausenblas]
I dunno what is happening, third time, today that the damn system drops
17:52:55 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:52:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-minutes.html mhausenblas
17:53:49 [mhausenblas]
WG agrees that the overall motivation is to expose RDF on the Web, stemming from a relational DB
17:55:39 [mhausenblas]
MacTed: we have structured data in the SQL
17:55:59 [mhausenblas]
... we have out there, on the Web a lot of unstructured data such as HTML, PDF, etc
17:57:04 [mhausenblas]
... boils down to motivate 'why do I want to have RDF (out of RDB)'
17:57:05 [ericP]
RRSAgent, please mute me
17:57:05 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'please mute me', ericP. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:59:32 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make ericP perma-scribe', mhausenblas. Try /msg RRSAgent help
17:59:37 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
18:00:40 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: MacTed to sum up UC overview in the UC page
18:00:40 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - MacTed
18:01:01 [ericP]
ack me
18:02:43 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
18:02:43 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
18:02:57 [MacTed]
mhausenblas - tthibodeau ... but I don't seem to be officially rdb2rdf member
18:03:38 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: tthibodeau to sum up UC overview in the UC page
18:03:38 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - tthibodeau
18:03:53 [MacTed]
hrm. that's odd.
18:03:57 [Zakim]
-??P15
18:04:00 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
18:04:03 [Zakim]
-Seema
18:04:04 [Zakim]
-juansequeda
18:04:05 [Zakim]
- +39.046.128.aacc
18:04:06 [Zakim]
-MacTed
18:04:08 [Zakim]
- +1.562.249.aaaa
18:04:09 [mhausenblas]
hm, MacTed please ask Kingsley or whoever is your AC rep to nominate you
18:04:12 [ericP]
Zakim, please disconnect ericP
18:04:12 [Zakim]
ericP is being disconnected
18:04:14 [Zakim]
SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM has ended
18:04:15 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.562.249.aaaa, +1.603.897.aabb, juansequeda, mhausenblas, nunolopes, MacTed, Ashok_Malhotra, Seema, Souri_Das, +39.046.128.aacc, ericP
18:04:15 [MacTed]
will do
18:04:17 [Marcelo]
Marcelo has left #rdb2rdf
18:04:18 [mhausenblas]
thanks!
18:04:28 [mhausenblas]
but your actions still stands, right? :)
18:04:37 [mhausenblas]
even if not officially recorded ...
18:04:41 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:04:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-minutes.html mhausenblas
18:04:49 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list attendees
18:04:49 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I don't know what conference this is
18:04:50 [MacTed]
trouble is I can't currently log in to the wiki
18:05:06 [mhausenblas]
yes, MacTed, because you;re not officially a member ...
18:05:26 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, this was SW_RDB2RDF(
18:05:26 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this was SW_RDB2RDF(', mhausenblas
18:05:28 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, this was SW_RDB2RDF
18:05:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this was SW_RDB2RDF', mhausenblas
18:05:35 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, this is SW_RDB2RDF
18:05:35 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, I see SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be SW_RDB2RDF".
18:05:43 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, this is SW_RDB2RDF()
18:05:43 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, I see SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be SW_RDB2RDF()".
18:05:53 [mhausenblas]
oh screw you, bot
18:05:58 [MacTed]
what I said was roughly:
18:05:58 [MacTed]
3 use cases:
18:05:58 [MacTed]
1. join structured data to structured data, in incompatible schema
18:05:58 [MacTed]
2. join structured data to semi-structured (i.e., triples)
18:05:58 [MacTed]
3. join structured data to unstructured (i.e., the Web)
18:06:08 [MacTed]
each gives motivation for RDB2RDF transformation
18:06:14 [mhausenblas]
ok, please send it to the list and I'll integrate it then ...
18:06:19 [MacTed]
ok
18:06:21 [mhausenblas]
thanks
18:06:33 [juansequeda]
juansequeda has joined #RDB2RDF
18:06:39 [mhausenblas]
zakim, bye
18:06:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rdb2rdf
18:06:43 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, bye
18:06:43 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-actions.rdf :
18:06:43 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: MacTed to sum up UC overview in the UC page [1]
18:06:43 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-irc#T18-00-40
18:06:43 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: tthibodeau to sum up UC overview in the UC page [2]
18:06:43 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-rdb2rdf-irc#T18-03-38