IRC log of mediaann on 2010-02-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:50:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
11:50:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/02/16-mediaann-irc
11:50:33 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be mawg
11:50:33 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG()7:00AM scheduled to start in 10 minutes
11:50:40 [wbailer]
meeting: MAWG
11:51:04 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
11:52:34 [tobias]
tobias has joined #mediaann
11:53:18 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has now started
11:53:25 [Zakim]
+??P0
11:53:37 [tobias]
Zakim, ??P0 is me
11:53:37 [Zakim]
+tobias; got it
11:57:04 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
11:57:15 [tmichel]
hello
11:57:30 [tobias]
hi
11:58:26 [tmichel]
for some reason I can't invite zakim
11:58:46 [wbailer]
zakim is already there
11:59:08 [wbailer]
zakim, this is mawg
11:59:08 [Zakim]
wbailer, this was already IA_MAWG()7:00AM
11:59:09 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; that matches IA_MAWG()7:00AM
11:59:17 [tmichel]
ok I see ;-)
11:59:27 [tmichel]
Scribe:Thierry
12:00:15 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aaaa
12:00:24 [wbailer]
zakim, aaaa is wbailer
12:00:24 [Zakim]
+wbailer; got it
12:00:47 [tmichel]
Meeting: MAWG Teleconf
12:01:02 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mediaann
12:01:06 [Zakim]
+Thierry
12:01:49 [tmichel]
regrets:Pierre antoine
12:01:56 [Zakim]
+??P7
12:02:37 [veroniqueM]
veroniqueM has joined #mediaann
12:02:39 [wbailer]
regrets+ Chris, Bennett
12:04:36 [Zakim]
+[VrijeUni]
12:04:59 [tobias]
zakim, unmute tobias
12:04:59 [Zakim]
tobias should no longer be muted
12:05:06 [joakim]
joakim has joined #mediaann
12:05:24 [joakim]
Hello
12:05:38 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.17.aabb
12:05:45 [tmichel]
I will call back I can't hear a thing ...
12:05:52 [Zakim]
-Thierry
12:06:04 [veroniqueM]
zakim, +[VrijeUni] is me
12:06:04 [Zakim]
sorry, veroniqueM, I do not recognize a party named '+[VrijeUni]'
12:06:31 [Zakim]
+Thierry
12:06:53 [joakim]
zakim, this is mawg
12:06:53 [Zakim]
joakim, this was already IA_MAWG()7:00AM
12:06:54 [Zakim]
ok, joakim; that matches IA_MAWG()7:00AM
12:06:57 [veroniqueM]
zakim, VrijeUni is me
12:06:57 [Zakim]
+veroniqueM; got it
12:07:12 [joakim]
chair: j
12:07:15 [joakim]
chair: joakim
12:07:31 [tmichel]
topic:Agenda review and approval of previous minutes telecon
12:07:39 [joakim]
zakim, who is noisy?
12:07:50 [Zakim]
joakim, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: veroniqueM (64%)
12:08:35 [florian]
florian has joined #mediaann
12:08:42 [joakim]
thierry can you hear me?
12:08:56 [tmichel]
I don'tr hear anything
12:09:05 [tmichel]
I will call again ...
12:09:08 [Zakim]
-Thierry
12:09:19 [veroniqueM]
\me is it any better now?
12:09:22 [joakim]
Is Florian on line?
12:09:26 [Zakim]
+ +049851509aacc
12:09:43 [wbailer]
zakim, aacc is florian
12:09:43 [Zakim]
+florian; got it
12:09:43 [florian]
Zakim, aacc is me
12:09:45 [Zakim]
sorry, florian, I do not recognize a party named 'aacc'
12:09:49 [florian]
scribe: florian
12:10:02 [Zakim]
+Thierry
12:10:33 [joakim]
scribe: Florian
12:10:43 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2010/02/02-mediaann-minutes.html
12:10:47 [florian]
scribe for parts of the F2F: Thierry
12:11:23 [florian]
topic: approval of previous minutes
12:11:41 [florian]
minutes approved
12:13:39 [florian]
next meeting will be the F2F (23. February 2010)
12:13:57 [florian]
topic: 7th F2F
12:14:15 [florian]
werner: person who is responsible was ill, so no confirmation yet
12:14:58 [florian]
... preferred date is the 27.-28. April 2010 (Vienna)
12:15:16 [florian]
... final confirmation will be available soon
12:15:24 [joakim]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
12:15:32 [florian]
topic: action items
12:16:06 [florian]
action-47: ongoing
12:16:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-47 And Frank to investiage existing approach for setting metadata on a "metamodel level" (or "ontology level") notes added
12:16:14 [florian]
action-124: ongoing
12:16:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-124 Check - everybody responsible for a format: add a column describing syntactic information ("data types", see cable lab column "Type") to his table notes added
12:16:28 [florian]
action-135: ongoing
12:16:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-135 update description of location to represent shot location notes added
12:16:37 [florian]
action-149: ongoing
12:16:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-149 Review of whole of ontology doc with veronique notes added
12:16:51 [florian]
action-163: ongoing
12:16:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-163 Update some of the descriptions to make them more precise and highlight the difference with DC notes added
12:17:02 [florian]
action-171:ongoing
12:17:14 [florian]
action-189: ongoing
12:17:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-189 Postponed: Work on the the subproperties notes added
12:17:24 [florian]
action-208: ongoing
12:17:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-208 Read and sumarize test-methodolofy for the group notes added
12:18:03 [florian]
action-209: ongoing
12:18:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-209 Share his image metadata with the group (when he has it) notes added
12:18:21 [florian]
topic: status of the ontology document
12:18:32 [florian]
Joakim: we promised to go into the last call in march
12:18:43 [florian]
... Veronique - do you have updates?
12:18:55 [florian]
Veronique: i have rewritten the ontology doc
12:19:03 [florian]
... abstract should be rewritten
12:19:11 [florian]
... typos are to correct
12:19:19 [florian]
... an external reviewer would be nice
12:19:28 [florian]
... afterwards we could make a final document
12:19:35 [florian]
Joakim: excellent idea
12:19:50 [florian]
... shall we ask a new invited expert, e.g. John?
12:20:32 [florian]
regrets: Pierre-Antoine, Chris, Bennet
12:20:55 [wbailer]
s/Bennet/Bennett/
12:21:53 [florian]
Veronique: perhaps another person with a better fitting background would be better?
12:22:10 [florian]
Felix: (not understandable...)
12:22:24 [veroniqueM]
s/better fitting/differing more from mine/
12:22:26 [fsasaki]
felix: how about asking the webapps WG?
12:22:43 [veroniqueM]
good idea!
12:22:45 [fsasaki]
.. they need to use the ontology, with the API as a proxy, anyway at some point
12:23:01 [veroniqueM]
yes, good suggestion!
12:23:02 [wbailer]
+1
12:23:13 [fsasaki]
.. and we used web IDL in the API doc already, so have some proximity to them already
12:23:15 [joakim]
+1
12:23:32 [florian]
+1
12:23:32 [joakim]
thanks!
12:24:22 [fsasaki]
felix: propose to have just one or a view reviewer from the webApp group - no need to have an "official" group review
12:24:32 [florian]
action to joakim: ask the webapps group to review our ontology document
12:24:32 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - to
12:24:57 [florian]
action joakim: ask someone of the webapps group to review our ontology document
12:24:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-210 - Ask someone of the webapps group to review our ontology document [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-02-23].
12:25:35 [florian]
Zakim, mute me
12:25:35 [Zakim]
florian should now be muted
12:26:01 [florian]
Werner: we have collected several issues for the ontology document in the wiki
12:26:09 [florian]
... will they be addressed?
12:26:17 [wbailer]
list of issues: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Improvements_/_Enhancement_for_a_revision_of_the_%22Ontology_for_Media_Resource_1.0%22_document
12:26:35 [florian]
Veronique: what i can do is to correct the abstract and check the wiki
12:26:50 [florian]
... i will contact wonsuk to publish the new version
12:27:05 [florian]
... he could put it online until monday
12:27:32 [florian]
... everybody is welcome to add comments
12:28:23 [veroniqueM]
editor's draft: http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html
12:28:32 [florian]
topic: status of the api document
12:29:19 [florian]
Joakim: there was a discussion on the mailing list about the client-server picture
12:29:23 [florian]
Zakim, unmute me
12:29:23 [Zakim]
florian should no longer be muted
12:30:13 [florian]
Werner: i updated the figure and volunteered to write something about it
12:30:30 [florian]
action Werner: formulate a text regarding the client-server picture
12:30:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-211 - Formulate a text regarding the client-server picture [on Werner Bailer - due 2010-02-23].
12:30:39 [tmichel]
I must dial in again, I can't hear anything :-(
12:30:43 [Zakim]
-Thierry
12:30:50 [florian]
zakim, mute me
12:30:50 [Zakim]
florian should now be muted
12:31:13 [Zakim]
+Thierry
12:31:23 [florian]
zakim, who is here
12:31:23 [Zakim]
florian, you need to end that query with '?'
12:31:29 [florian]
zakim, who is here?
12:31:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see tobias (muted), wbailer, Felix (muted), veroniqueM, +46.1.07.17.aabb, florian (muted), Thierry
12:31:31 [Zakim]
On IRC I see florian, joakim, veroniqueM, fsasaki, tmichel, tobias, RRSAgent, Zakim, wbailer, trackbot
12:31:39 [fsasaki]
+1 about adding the section
12:31:43 [florian]
Joakim: shall we add the section?
12:31:44 [florian]
+1
12:31:47 [tobias]
+1
12:32:32 [fsasaki]
RESOLUTION: WG agreed to add the section to the API doc
12:33:35 [florian]
zakim, unmute me
12:33:35 [Zakim]
florian should no longer be muted
12:33:43 [florian]
zakim, aabb is joakim
12:33:43 [Zakim]
+joakim; got it
12:33:45 [tmichel]
test
12:34:16 [fsasaki]
s/section /client-server section /
12:34:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/16-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
12:34:44 [florian]
RESOLUTION: WG agreed to add the section to the API doc regarding the client-server picture
12:34:53 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
12:35:14 [wbailer]
api issues: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/API_Open_Issues
12:35:47 [fsasaki]
chair: joakim
12:36:04 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Feb/0038.html
12:36:39 [fsasaki]
present: tobias, wbailer, Felix, veroniqueM, joakim, florian, Thierry
12:36:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/16-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
12:36:53 [florian]
action chris: synchronize the api document with the open issues in the wiki entry
12:36:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-212 - Synchronize the api document with the open issues in the wiki entry [on Chris Poppe - due 2010-02-23].
12:37:54 [florian]
Zakim, unmute me
12:37:54 [Zakim]
florian was not muted, florian
12:38:20 [florian]
Zakim, mute me
12:38:20 [Zakim]
florian should now be muted
12:39:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/16-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
12:41:21 [florian]
topic: test suite
12:42:24 [florian]
joakim: we want to come up with test cases and the test data, right?
12:42:38 [florian]
zakim, unmute me
12:42:38 [Zakim]
florian should no longer be muted
12:43:01 [florian]
zakim, mute me
12:43:01 [Zakim]
florian should now be muted
12:43:14 [florian]
Tobias: we thought about how to test the ontology
12:43:28 [florian]
... we want to test it with MPEG-7 and Dublin Core
12:43:37 [florian]
...we want to meet in Passau to come up with something
12:43:40 [florian]
Zakim, mute Thierry
12:43:40 [Zakim]
Thierry should now be muted
12:44:36 [florian]
... so we will concetrate on the mappings between standards
12:44:47 [florian]
s/concetrate/concentrate
12:45:09 [florian]
Werner: i?m not sure, what you want to test...a few mappings are incomplete
12:45:41 [florian]
... how can you decide what it?s correct due to structural difference or design of the ontology?
12:46:06 [florian]
Tobias: we want to do the mappings we have defined in the mapping table
12:46:15 [florian]
... and also create an implementation
12:46:42 [florian]
... these should be syntactical tests (maybe)
12:46:54 [florian]
... something different from the API
12:47:20 [florian]
Werner: the mapping table only defines things from one format to our core properties
12:49:06 [florian]
Veronique: we should look in at the u&r document to derive use cases for the test suite
12:49:25 [florian]
... to come up what formats could cover what properties
12:49:28 [tobias]
Veronique: yes, this sounds like a good idea
12:49:39 [florian]
zakim, unmute me
12:49:39 [Zakim]
florian should no longer be muted
12:55:57 [fsasaki]
q+
12:56:22 [fsasaki]
felix: think that the proposal from thierry / dom could help in speding up the test suite
12:56:42 [fsasaki]
.. since with that the progress of the test suite and the API doc will be aligned
12:57:04 [fsasaki]
.. I am reffering to implementing that methodology http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-test-methodology-20100128/ for the API doc
12:57:13 [fsasaki]
s/reffering /referring /
12:57:25 [fsasaki]
ack fs
12:58:09 [florian]
[discussion about the test suite]
12:58:22 [fsasaki]
felix: would you mind if I take an action item to create a mini test suite example, which you can discuss at the f2f?
12:58:44 [florian]
+1
12:59:02 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to make a test suite example, before the f2f
12:59:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-213 - Make a test suite example, before the f2f [on Felix Sasaki - due 2010-02-23].
12:59:27 [joakim]
thanks
13:00:21 [florian]
Tobias: we will have a skype telco on that on thursday, will have the meeting in Passau and implement the test suite
13:00:44 [florian]
action tobias: please summarize the progress of the ontology test suite ideas
13:00:44 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - tobias
13:00:50 [florian]
action Tobias: please summarize the progress of the ontology test suite ideas
13:00:51 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Tobias
13:00:54 [florian]
*gna*
13:01:07 [fsasaki]
action: Tobias to summarize the progress of the ontology test suite ideas
13:01:07 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Tobias
13:01:35 [Zakim]
-veroniqueM
13:01:36 [Zakim]
-wbailer
13:01:37 [Zakim]
-tobias
13:01:37 [Zakim]
-florian
13:01:40 [Zakim]
-Felix
13:01:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/02/16-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
13:01:53 [Zakim]
-Thierry
13:01:54 [Zakim]
-joakim
13:01:54 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()7:00AM has ended
13:01:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were tobias, +43.316.876.aaaa, wbailer, Thierry, Felix, +46.1.07.17.aabb, veroniqueM, +049851509aacc, florian, joakim
15:06:13 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann
15:25:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann
15:37:43 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediaann