Last modified on 5 July 2011, at 15:01
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
13:47:30 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql 13:47:30 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/05-sparql-irc 13:47:32 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 13:47:32 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql 13:47:34 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277 13:47:34 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes 13:47:35 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference 13:47:35 <trackbot> Date: 05 July 2011 13:47:51 <axelpolleres> thanks trackbot, forgot what I said... 13:48:12 <axelpolleres> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0003.html 13:51:29 <axelpolleres> chair: AxelPolleres 13:51:35 <axelpolleres> regrets: SteveH 13:54:13 <cbuilara> cbuilara has joined #sparql 13:55:52 <cbuilara1> cbuilara1 has joined #sparql 13:57:48 <Olivier> Olivier has joined #sparql 13:59:22 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started 13:59:33 <Zakim> +kasei 13:59:45 <MattPerry> MattPerry has joined #sparql 13:59:53 <Zakim> + +43.664.801.171.aaaa 14:00:04 <axelpolleres> Zakim, aaaa is me 14:00:04 <Zakim> +axelpolleres; got it 14:00:12 <Zakim> +??P2 14:00:16 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P2 is me 14:00:16 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it 14:00:45 <Zakim> +MattPerry 14:00:52 <axelpolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone? 14:00:57 <Zakim> On the phone I see kasei, axelpolleres, cbuilara, MattPerry 14:01:04 <Zakim> +??P8 14:01:11 <Zakim> +??P10 14:01:15 <AndyS> zakim, ??P10 is me 14:01:23 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it 14:01:27 <Olivier> zakim, aabb is me 14:01:29 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P8 is me 14:01:39 <Zakim> sorry, Olivier, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb' 14:01:41 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it 14:01:43 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me 14:01:45 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted 14:02:03 <kasei> I can 14:02:09 <axelpolleres> Any volunteers to scribe? thanks, greg! 14:02:17 <kasei> scribenick: kasei 14:02:28 <axelpolleres> scribe: greg 14:02:49 <NickH> zakim, what is the code? 14:02:49 <Zakim> the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+22.214.171.124.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), NickH 14:03:06 <Zakim> +LeeF 14:03:31 <kasei> sure, if you'd like 14:03:47 <LeeF> scribenick: LeeF 14:03:57 <LeeF> axelpolleres: let's discuss our strategy going forwards 14:04:02 <Zakim> +??P16 14:04:08 <LeeF> topic: Admin 14:04:17 <NickH> Zakim, ??P16 is me 14:04:17 <Zakim> +NickH; got it 14:04:21 <LeeF> axelpolleres: agenda is at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0003.html 14:04:28 <axelpolleres> PROPOSED: approve minutes from last week at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-06-28 14:04:44 <bglimm> I said I can't make it 14:04:49 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql 14:04:52 <bglimm> Does that count as regrets? 14:04:55 <LeeF> bglimm, yes 14:05:01 <bglimm> Anyway it's not important 14:05:12 <NickH> Zakim, mute me 14:05:12 <Zakim> NickH should now be muted 14:05:21 <LeeF> +1 to minutes 14:05:23 <axelpolleres> PROPOSED: approve minutes from last week at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-06-28, modulo adding regrets of Birte 14:05:37 <axelpolleres> RESOLVED: approve minutes from last week at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-06-28, modulo adding regrets of Birte 14:05:40 <alex_> alex_ has joined #sparql 14:05:49 <Zakim> +alex_ 14:06:15 <chimezie> Zakim, code 14:06:15 <Zakim> I don't understand 'code', chimezie 14:06:16 <axelpolleres> chime, are you able to scribe next time? 14:06:22 <chimezie> Zakim, what is the passcode? 14:06:22 <Zakim> the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+126.96.36.199.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), chimezie 14:06:28 <chimezie> sure i can scribe 14:06:34 <LeeF> axelpolleres: next meeting is Tuesday, July 12th at same time and place, with chimezie to scribe 14:06:36 <axelpolleres> next time scribe, chime 14:06:53 <axelpolleres> please fill vacation list on http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Vacation_List2011 14:06:57 <Zakim> +chimezie 14:07:35 <LeeF> q+ 14:07:38 <axelpolleres> topic: Liaison: any further urgent news from RDF WG or all resolved with last week's discussion? 14:07:42 <LeeF> topic: RDF WG 14:07:43 <LeeF> ack me 14:07:59 <LeeF> ACTION-485? 14:07:59 <trackbot> ACTION-485 -- Lee Feigenbaum to talk to Sandro and Eric about the informative note approach to aligning SPARQL with the RDF literal changes -- due 2011-07-05 -- OPEN 14:07:59 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/485 14:08:23 <AndyS> No minutes of the graph naming ad hoc telecon yet but "to come" 14:11:22 <LeeF> close ACTION-485 14:11:22 <trackbot> ACTION-485 Talk to Sandro and Eric about the informative note approach to aligning SPARQL with the RDF literal changes closed 14:11:37 <LeeF> LeeF: I talked to Sandro, who gave a thumbs up to an informative note that outlines what changes in SPARQL to align with the RDF literal change 14:11:41 <bglimm> I prefer a separate note, but no strong pref 14:12:03 <LeeF> LeeF: Sandro did suggest flagging tests that are affected by this so that people can legitimately ignore them once RDF 1.1 matures 14:12:17 <AndyS> NB we are not opening XML results doc currently. 14:12:24 <LeeF> axelpolleres: Would this work better as a single WG Note or as informative notes within all of the affected specificaitons? 14:12:27 <AndyS> If in doc, we have to do that. 14:12:29 <LeeF> LeeF: Interesting! No strong opinion 14:12:46 <LeeF> axelpolleres: Any other opinions? 14:12:49 <LeeF> axelpolleres: Strawpoll! 14:12:52 <axelpolleres> strawpoll discuss "using SPARQL1.1 with RDF1.1" in separate WG note (+1) or in separate informative sections in existing specs 14:13:10 <chimezie> +1 (separate note) 14:13:14 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me 14:13:14 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted 14:13:19 <bglimm> separate note 14:13:20 <Zakim> +pgearon 14:13:23 <LeeF> separate note 14:13:25 <MattPerry> +1 separate note 14:13:27 <kasei> note (0.5) 14:13:27 <axelpolleres> separate note 14:13:30 <Olivier> +1 14:13:39 <AndyS> +1 separate note (mildly) 14:14:02 <LeeF> LeeF: with a separate note we can probably do this somewhat collaboratively on a wiki page 14:14:20 <cbuilara> +1 14:14:45 <LeeF> ACTION: Axel to setup a wiki page for creating a WG note on how RDF expected changes affect SPARQL 1.1 14:14:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-486 - Setup a wiki page for creating a WG note on how RDF expected changes affect SPARQL 1.1 [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-07-12]. 14:15:42 <LeeF> LeeF: Can we have a resolution on this path forwards so that we can communicate it to the RDF WG? 14:15:48 <Zakim> -AndyS 14:15:53 <axelpolleres> PROPOSED: SPARQL1.1 will be specified in terms of RDF1.0 but the WG aims at publishing "using SPARQL1.1 with RDF1.1" as a separate WG Note 14:16:08 <bglimm> +1 14:16:09 <LeeF> +1 14:16:13 <Olivier> +1 14:16:14 <axelpolleres> +1 14:16:16 <cbuilara> +1 14:16:21 <AlexPassant> +1 14:16:24 <pgearon> +! 14:16:27 <pgearon> +1 14:16:38 <chimezie> +1 14:16:47 <AlexPassant> was the original name "RDF1.0" ? 14:17:53 <axelpolleres> RESOLVED: SPARQL1.1 will be specified in terms of RDF1.0 but the WG aims at publishing "using SPARQL1.1 with RDF1.1" as a separate WG Note. 14:17:58 <Zakim> +??P10 14:18:02 <AndyS> zakim, ??P10 is me 14:18:02 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it 14:18:15 <LeeF> (Note, by 1.0 we mean the current RDF Recommendation, and by 1.1 we mean the Recommendations being pursued by the current RDF WG) 14:18:19 <AndyS> q+ 14:19:33 <LeeF> LeeF: We should get actions for people to help fill out the WG Note wiki page 14:19:42 <LeeF> AndyS: What about language tags? What do we expect the RDF group to do there? 14:19:52 <LeeF> LeeF: Nothing yet, but maybe they'll make a decision while we're still active and we can consider it then 14:19:55 <LeeF> Topic: Comments 14:19:58 <LeeF> ack AndyS 14:20:07 <bglimm> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments 14:20:08 <axelpolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments#Last_Call_comments 14:20:37 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me 14:20:37 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted 14:20:47 <AndyS> Looks good to send to me. 14:20:50 <LeeF> axelpolleres: Is birte's comment with Andy's rewording OK to me? 14:21:06 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:AZ-1 14:21:17 <LeeF> LeeF: I will look now 14:22:16 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me 14:22:16 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted 14:22:18 <LeeF> LeeF: Looks good to me to send 14:22:26 <bglimm> Yes 14:22:32 <bglimm> will mark it as send 14:22:55 <Zakim> -cbuilara 14:23:05 <kasei> DB-2 is trivial, but needs an OK from somebody else before I send it. 14:23:19 <kasei> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:DB-2 14:23:27 <chimezie> my response to LD could use a look over 14:23:32 <chimezie> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:LD-4 14:24:14 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me 14:24:14 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted 14:24:23 <LeeF> LeeF: DB-2 looks OK to me 14:24:41 <LeeF> LeeF: For purely editorial matters, editors should be free to respond to commenters without waiting on OKs from other WG members 14:24:52 <LeeF> chimezie: Composed LD-4 a while back but could use a set of eyes before being sent out 14:25:06 <cbuilara> cbuilara has joined #sparql 14:25:33 <Zakim> +??P2 14:25:34 <chimezie> i will try to get to IM-1 and SJ-1 before the end of the week 14:25:37 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P2 is me 14:25:37 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it 14:27:06 <axelpolleres> to all... please check draft responses of open comments and help us getting them sent. 14:27:07 <alex_> alex_ has joined #sparql 14:27:36 <axelpolleres> topic: action review 14:27:38 <axelpolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/open 14:28:28 <chimezie> yes, i think it is accurate / fair to say 14:28:50 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me 14:28:50 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted 14:28:58 <chimezie> k, thx 14:30:15 <axelpolleres> ACTION: Carlos to draft a section for the test suite README on the vocabulary for SERVICE test cases. 14:30:15 <trackbot> Created ACTION-487 - Draft a section for the test suite README on the vocabulary for SERVICE test cases. [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-07-12]. 14:30:43 <axelpolleres> close ACTION-477 14:30:43 <trackbot> ACTION-477 Work with Carlos and Sandro on manifest vocabulary for testing SERVICE closed 14:32:24 <axelpolleres> ACTION: axel to ping sandro on re-chartering progress 14:32:24 <trackbot> Created ACTION-488 - Ping sandro on re-chartering progress [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-07-12]. 14:32:54 <LeeF> chimezie, I made edits to http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:LD-4 -- can you please take a look at them? 14:33:24 <Zakim> +??P12 14:33:32 <chimezie> looks good. Thanks Lee. I will send out that response today 14:33:32 <AndyS> zakim, ??P12 is me 14:33:32 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it 14:33:37 <LeeF> thanks, chimezie 14:34:07 <kasei> I've got outstanding comments on the ED of Fed that I'm sending to the list momentarily. 14:34:49 <kasei> I can review 14:35:38 <axelpolleres> ACTION: greg to review outcome of ACTION-462 as soon as it's done 14:35:39 <trackbot> Created ACTION-489 - Review outcome of ACTION-462 as soon as it's done [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-07-12]. 14:35:54 <axelpolleres> ACTION: axel to review outcome of ACTION-462 as soon as it's done 14:35:54 <trackbot> Created ACTION-490 - Review outcome of ACTION-462 as soon as it's done [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-07-12]. 14:36:51 <AndyS> ACTION-366 14:36:56 <AndyS> ACTION-366? 14:36:56 <trackbot> ACTION-366 -- Lee Feigenbaum to remind Sandro about registering JSON & Update MIME types, and checking on the Query and XML format status -- due 2011-01-25 -- OPEN 14:36:56 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/366 14:38:04 <AndyS> q+ to ask about CSV/TSV Note 14:38:07 <axelpolleres> topic: AOB 14:38:47 <axelpolleres> Andy: CSV/TSV schedule... 14:39:38 <axelpolleres> ... shall we publish with the other docs? 14:39:57 <axelpolleres> Lee: don't want to publish without reviweing myself (chairhat off) 14:40:32 <axelpolleres> ACTION: lee to review CVS/TSV doc 14:40:33 <trackbot> Created ACTION-491 - Review CVS/TSV doc [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-07-12]. 14:40:43 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html 14:40:54 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql 14:41:35 <axelpolleres> Axel: let's see whether we can publish CSV/TSV with other docs, when we know next week where the charter and the review are. 14:42:12 <AndyS> LeeF: no need couple publication to other docs 14:42:34 <axelpolleres> Axel: the other big topic is the testsuite. 14:43:40 <Zakim> -chimezie 14:43:41 <bglimm> bye 14:43:43 <LeeF> axelpolleres: adjourned 14:43:45 <Zakim> -MattPerry 14:43:46 <Zakim> -bglimm 14:43:47 <axelpolleres> adjourned. 14:43:48 <Zakim> -NickH 14:43:48 <Zakim> -cbuilara 14:43:51 <Zakim> -pgearon 14:44:07 <Zakim> -kasei 14:44:29 <alex__> alex__ has joined #sparql 14:46:22 <AndyS> Update needs tests beyond DELETE-INSERT-WHERE and variants. 14:46:59 <kasei> do we have a list anywhere with things that still need test cases? 14:47:32 <axelpolleres> we need to collect status of implementation coverage (beyond query)... 14:47:37 <Zakim> -AndyS 14:47:51 <AndyS> ADD, MOVE, COPY, DROP, etc etc ... DELETE-INSERT-WHERE and variants is the largest piece of work and may be done. 14:48:06 <AndyS> Odd - I'm on the call still! 14:48:13 <axelpolleres> Update, SD, Protocol, implementations. 14:49:24 <axelpolleres> ACTION: axel to check coverage of test suite (on Update) 14:49:24 <trackbot> Created ACTION-492 - Check coverage of test suite (on Update) [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-07-12]. 14:49:53 <axelpolleres> multiple requests... 14:51:13 <axelpolleres> andy: suggests to ask implementers to run full test suite, will give us an idea what is there and what not, in terms of implementations of current tests 14:52:07 <AndyS> Does not identify missing bits 14:53:30 <AndyS> Only eyeballs will do that :-( 14:54:20 <AndyS> ACTION: AndyS, Start wiki page on test coverage 14:54:20 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - AndyS, 14:54:31 <axelpolleres> idea on wikipage is good... let's see next call. thanks andy! 14:54:40 <axelpolleres> adjourned now 4 real 14:54:55 <Zakim> -alex_ 14:55:13 <axelpolleres> rrsagent, make records public 14:55:19 <axelpolleres> bye all 14:55:44 <Zakim> -axelpolleres # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000239