Chatlog 2012-08-07

From SPARQL Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:56:05 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:56:05 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/08/07-sparql-irc
13:56:07 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:56:07 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
13:56:09 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
13:56:09 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:10 <LeeF> zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:56:10 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:56:10 <trackbot> Date: 07 August 2012
13:56:10 <Zakim> ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:46 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:56:53 <Zakim> + +1.617.245.aaaa
13:56:59 <LeeF> zakim, aaaa is me
13:56:59 <Zakim> +LeeF; got it
13:58:12 <AxelPolleres> AxelPolleres has joined #sparql
13:59:04 <LeeF> Chair: LeeF
13:59:06 <LeeF> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JulSep/0102.html
13:59:50 <LeeF> Minutes from last week: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-07-31
14:00:26 <Zakim> +??P6
14:00:27 <Zakim> +sandro
14:00:30 <Zakim> + +43.664.885.5aabb
14:00:40 <kasei> Zakim, ??P6 is me
14:00:40 <Zakim> +kasei; got it
14:01:01 <Zakim> +pgearon
14:01:06 <AxelPolleres_> AxelPolleres_ has joined #sparql
14:01:38 <LeeF> zakim, who's here?
14:01:39 <Zakim> On the phone I see LeeF, kasei, sandro, +43.664.885.5aabb, pgearon
14:01:39 <Zakim> On IRC I see AxelPolleres_, AxelPolleres, Zakim, RRSAgent, LeeF, SteveH, iv_an_ru__, pgearon, trackbot, kasei, sandro, ya, ericP
14:01:56 <LeeF> zakim, aabb is AxelPolleres
14:01:56 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres; got it
14:02:06 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql
14:02:50 <Zakim> +chimezie
14:02:57 <MattPerry> MattPerry has joined #sparql
14:03:45 <Zakim> +MattPerry
14:03:56 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me
14:03:56 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted
14:04:49 <LeeF> zakim, who's on the phone?
14:04:49 <Zakim> On the phone I see LeeF, kasei, sandro, AxelPolleres, pgearon, chimezie (muted), MattPerry
14:05:11 <LeeF> topic: Admin
14:05:21 <Zakim> -kasei
14:05:28 <LeeF> regrets: Birte
14:05:41 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Accept minutes from last week at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-07-31
14:06:21 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Accept minutes from last week at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-07-31
14:07:19 <LeeF> LeeF: No action required for James Anderson's comment
14:07:25 <AndyS> AndyS has joined #sparql
14:08:19 <Zakim> +??P6
14:08:28 <AndyS> zakim, ??P6 is me
14:08:28 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:08:35 <LeeF> LeeF: 2 comment acknowledgements from David Booth - we're up to date on comments
14:08:56 <LeeF> topic: Query test suite
14:09:12 <Zakim> +??P20
14:09:14 <LeeF> LeeF: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/implementations/ is up to date as of yesterday
14:09:14 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:09:14 <Zakim> On the phone I see LeeF, sandro, AxelPolleres, pgearon, chimezie (muted), MattPerry, AndyS, ??P20
14:09:16 <AxelPolleres_> should we reply to james anderson just along the lines "no, it's currently not under discussion" (can do that)
14:09:22 <kasei> Zakim, ??P20 is me
14:09:22 <Zakim> +kasei; got it
14:10:07 <LeeF> AxelPolleres_, feel free to if you'd like :)
14:10:24 <LeeF> LeeF: ARQ and RDF::Query pass all query tests
14:11:30 <kasei> AndyS, yesterday.
14:13:25 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve query tests aggregates/manifest#agg-empty-group, bindings/manifest#inline{1,2}, bindings/manifest#values{1-8}, functions/manifest#strafter01a, functions/manifest#strafter02, functions/manifest#strbefore01a, functions/manifest#strbefore02, functions/manifest#struuid01, functions/manifest#uuid01, property-path/manifest#pp28a, syntax-query/manifest#test_3{5,6,8}a, syntax-query/
14:13:25 <LeeF> manifest#test_{54-66}, syntax-query/manifest#test_pn_0{1-9}, syntax-query/manifest#test_pn_bad_{01-13}, syntax-query/manifest#test_pp_coll
14:13:27 <kasei> AndyS, yeah, I hadn't committed locally. Fixed now.
14:13:50 <AndyS> +1 to approving tests.
14:13:58 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve query tests aggregates/manifest#agg-empty-group, bindings/manifest#inline{1,2}, bindings/manifest#values{1-8}, functions/manifest#strafter01a, functions/manifest#strafter02, functions/manifest#strbefore01a, functions/manifest#strbefore02, functions/manifest#struuid01, functions/manifest#uuid01, property-path/manifest#pp28a, syntax-query/manifest#test_3{5,6,8}a, syntax-query/
14:13:58 <LeeF> manifest#test_{54-66}, syntax-query/manifest#test_pn_0{1-9}, syntax-query/manifest#test_pn_bad_{01-13}, syntax-query/manifest#test_pp_coll
14:14:19 <AndyS> kasei - ack - we are sync'ed.
14:14:43 <LeeF> topic: Update tests
14:14:57 <AndyS> +1 to approving update tests
14:15:01 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve syntax-update-1/manifest#test_53 and basic-update/manifest#insert-05a
14:15:10 <AxelPolleres_> +1
14:15:12 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve syntax-update-1/manifest#test_53 and basic-update/manifest#insert-05a
14:15:39 <LeeF> Topic: Fed Query tests
14:15:56 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve service/manifest#service4a 
14:15:56 <AndyS> +1 to approving fed query tests
14:16:03 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve service/manifest#service4a 
14:16:29 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to mark all query, update, and fed query tests approved
14:16:29 <trackbot> Created ACTION-665 - Mark all query, update, and fed query tests approved [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2012-08-14].
14:17:10 <chimezie> Zakim, umute me
14:17:10 <Zakim> I don't understand 'umute me', chimezie
14:17:37 <LeeF> topic: Graph Store Protocol testing
14:17:45 <LeeF> zakim, unmute chimezie
14:17:45 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted
14:17:46 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me
14:17:46 <Zakim> chimezie was not muted, chimezie
14:17:59 <LeeF> LeeF: no recollection of our status on GSP testing
14:18:02 <LeeF> chimezie: also don't recall
14:18:19 <LeeF> chimezie: what timing?
14:20:42 <LeeF> LeeF: Plan is to advance as many specs as possible straight to PR in early/mid September. Others move to CR and then hopefully to PR down the road
14:21:18 <LeeF> SteveH, around?
14:22:37 <AxelPolleres_> Andy: we have an implementation of GSP and will use it
14:22:53 <AxelPolleres_> chime: do we need to test all the features or just main ones?
14:23:47 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #sparql
14:23:59 <AxelPolleres> AxelPolleres has joined #sparql
14:25:39 <LeeF> LeeF: we don't need a harness - we need tests and conformance
14:25:55 <AxelPolleres_> AxelPolleres_ has joined #sparql
14:26:13 <AxelPolleres> AxelPolleres has left #sparql
14:26:27 <AndyS> The number of tests needed isn't large.  some wget/curl scripts -- not fully automated but gets us to impl report.
14:26:46 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-http-rdf-update/
14:27:18 <LeeF> *  HTTP GET direct graph identification
14:27:23 <LeeF> * HTTP GET indirect graph identification
14:27:35 <ArthurK> ArthurK has joined #sparql
14:27:40 <LeeF> * HTTP GET on a graph that does not exist in the graph store 
14:28:14 <Zakim> + +1.512.651.aacc
14:28:38 <ArthurK> Zakim, +1.512.651.aacc is me
14:28:38 <Zakim> +ArthurK; got it
14:29:37 <AxelPolleres_> We also need someone to draft a section on http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/README.html right?
14:30:04 <AxelPolleres> AxelPolleres has joined #sparql
14:30:18 <LeeF> GET tests:
14:30:22 <LeeF> 1. Initial state of the store
14:30:27 <LeeF> 2. Here's the HTTP GET
14:30:30 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql
14:30:34 <LeeF> 3. Check graph isomorphism
14:30:38 <LeeF> PUT tests:
14:30:44 <LeeF> 1. Initial state
14:30:47 <LeeF> 2. Here's the HTTP PUT
14:30:58 <LeeF> 3. Do a GET & check graph isomorphism of returned graph
14:31:05 <LeeF> * HTTP PUT of a new graph
14:31:11 <LeeF> * HTTP PUT of a graph that's already in the store
14:31:23 <LeeF> * HTTP PUT of the default graph
14:31:38 <LeeF> * HTTP PUT with a payload that doesn't match the Content-Type (400)
14:32:09 <LeeF> * HTTP PUT of an empty graph
14:32:39 <LeeF> DELETE tests: 
14:32:42 <LeeF> 1. Initial state
14:32:48 <LeeF> 2. Here's the HTTP DELETE request
14:33:03 <LeeF> 3. Check with a GET (expecting 404)
14:33:12 <LeeF> * HTTP DELETE of an existing graph
14:33:30 <LeeF> * HTTP DELETE of a graph that does not exist (404)
14:34:24 <LeeF> POST tests:
14:34:26 <LeeF> 1. Initial state
14:34:30 <LeeF> 2. Here's the HTTP POST request
14:34:36 <LeeF> 3. HTTP GET + graph isomorphism check
14:34:42 <LeeF> * HTTP POST to an existing graph
14:35:31 <LeeF> * HTTP POST with multipart/form-data
14:35:43 <LeeF> * HTTP POST to the graph store URI to create a new graph
14:36:04 <LeeF> * HTTP POST with empty content (SHOULD have a 204 response)
14:36:37 <AndyS> Both impls I know much about put the GSP on a service endpoint (because there are other services ... like query and update)
14:36:54 <LeeF> (for POSTing to the Graph Store URI - do a GET on the returned URI and make sure you get a 200)
14:37:23 <LeeF> * HTTP HEAD on an existing graph
14:37:28 <LeeF> * HTTP HEAD on a non-existing graph
14:38:01 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql
14:38:02 <AxelPolleres_> FWIW, as for the test case descriptions/structure: Probably for most of it the whole would be a variation of the update/query tests, where within mf:action we need a new property to denote the HTTP message and we need something within the result to convey the HTTP response, right? 
14:38:23 <AndyS> I can add the non-service form quite easily to get us an impls (more honestly than SOAP for SPARQL 1.0 which was for-the-report only, except some people used it).
14:38:26 <AxelPolleres_> q+
14:38:38 <LeeF> ack AxelPolleres
14:41:21 <LeeF> ACTION: Axel to see if it's easy to extend current test case structure for the GSP tests
14:41:21 <trackbot> Created ACTION-666 - See if it's easy to extend current test case structure for the GSP tests [on Axel Polleres - due 2012-08-14].
14:41:44 <LeeF> ACTION: Chimezie to put together the tests as outlined in this teleconference
14:41:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-667 - Put together the tests as outlined in this teleconference [on Chimezie Ogbuji - due 2012-08-14].
14:41:52 <AndyS> +1 to minimise implementation costs.  We need to do this once, not multiple times.
14:42:09 <AndyS> (impl cost of test harness)
14:42:55 <AxelPolleres_> @Andy is that against integrating GSP into the current test harness format?
14:43:20 <AndyS> @Axel - its the principle to go for - what ever meets that.
14:43:20 <AxelPolleres> AxelPolleres has joined #sparql
14:43:41 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me
14:43:41 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted
14:44:16 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:44:16 <Zakim> On the phone I see LeeF, sandro, AxelPolleres, pgearon, chimezie (muted), MattPerry, AndyS, kasei, ArthurK
14:44:21 <Zakim> -LeeF
14:44:21 <MattPerry> bye
14:44:22 <Zakim> -chimezie
14:44:23 <chimezie> bye
14:44:23 <Zakim> -ArthurK
14:44:24 <pgearon> thanks
14:44:26 <Zakim> -AxelPolleres
14:44:27 <AndyS> ADJOURNED
14:44:27 <Zakim> -kasei
14:44:28 <Zakim> -sandro
14:44:29 <Zakim> -MattPerry
14:44:31 <LeeF> LeeF: Next week we'll work on the protocol validator & test suite
14:44:33 <Zakim> -AndyS
14:44:36 <LeeF> Adjourned.
14:44:37 <Zakim> -pgearon
14:44:38 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
14:44:38 <Zakim> Attendees were +1.617.245.aaaa, LeeF, sandro, +43.664.885.5aabb, kasei, pgearon, AxelPolleres, chimezie, MattPerry, AndyS, ArthurK
14:44:40 <LeeF> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:46:18 <AxelPolleres> rrsagent, make records public
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000177