Chatlog 2012-03-06

From SPARQL Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:55:27 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:55:27 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/06-sparql-irc
14:55:29 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:55:29 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
14:55:31 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
14:55:31 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
14:55:31 <LeeF> zakim, this will be SPARQL
14:55:32 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:55:32 <trackbot> Date: 06 March 2012
14:55:32 <Zakim> ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
14:55:35 <LeeF> Regrets: chimezie, pgearon
14:55:37 <LeeF> Chair: LeeF
14:56:15 <LeeF> close ACTION-598
14:56:15 <trackbot> ACTION-598 Summarize open comments by next week. closed
14:56:18 <LeeF> ACTION-596?
14:56:18 <trackbot> ACTION-596 -- Lee Feigenbaum to review Overview doc for LC readiness by completion of ACTION-595 -- due 2012-03-06 -- OPEN
14:56:18 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/596
14:56:21 <LeeF> ACTION-595?
14:56:21 <trackbot> ACTION-595 -- Axel Polleres to get Overview ready for review in a week -- due 2012-03-06 -- OPEN
14:56:21 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/595
14:56:25 <LeeF> ACTION-597
14:56:29 <LeeF> ACTION-597?
14:56:29 <trackbot> ACTION-597 -- Matthew Perry to review Overview doc for LC readiness by completion of ACTION-595 -- due 2012-03-06 -- OPEN
14:56:29 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/597
14:56:41 <LeeF> close ACTION-597
14:56:41 <trackbot> ACTION-597 Review Overview doc for LC readiness by completion of ACTION-595 closed
14:57:29 <AxelPolleres> AxelPolleres has joined #sparql
14:57:46 <MattPerry> MattPerry has joined #sparql
14:58:30 <LeeF> zakim, code?
14:58:30 <Zakim> the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), LeeF
14:58:56 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
14:59:03 <Zakim> + +1.617.245.aaaa
14:59:05 <LeeF> zakim, aaaa is me
14:59:05 <Zakim> +LeeF; got it
14:59:10 <Zakim> +kasei
14:59:19 <Zakim> +??P3
14:59:20 <LeeF> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JanMar/0228.html
14:59:25 <SteveH> Zakim, ??P3 is me
14:59:25 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it
14:59:38 <Zakim> +Sandro
14:59:54 <Zakim> + +1.603.897.aabb
15:00:05 <MattPerry> zakim, aabb is me
15:00:05 <Zakim> +MattPerry; got it
15:00:10 <Zakim> +??P16
15:00:27 <cbuilara> cbuilara has joined #sparql
15:00:30 <Zakim> + +33.4.92.38.aacc
15:00:38 <Zakim> -??P16
15:00:43 <AndyS> zakim, ??P16 is me
15:00:43 <Zakim> I already had ??P16 as ??P16, AndyS
15:00:43 <AndyS> zakim, who is noisy?
15:00:49 <Olivier_> Zakim, aacc is me
15:00:49 <Zakim> +Olivier_; got it
15:00:54 <Zakim> AndyS, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: LeeF (56%)
15:01:06 <bglimm> bglimm has joined #sparql
15:01:09 <LeeF> thanks, AxelPolleres
15:01:11 <kasei> lots of background white noise
15:01:12 <Zakim> +??P16
15:01:13 <LeeF> Scribenick: AxelPolleres
15:01:20 <Zakim> +??P20
15:01:22 <Zakim> -??P20
15:01:28 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P16 is me
15:01:28 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
15:01:44 <Zakim> + +43.664.801.173.aadd
15:01:55 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, aadd is me
15:01:55 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres; got it
15:01:58 <Zakim> +??P22
15:02:04 <AndyS> zakim, ??P22 is me
15:02:04 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
15:02:08 <Zakim> +??P24
15:02:12 <kasei> just annoying. don't worry about it.
15:02:17 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P24 is me
15:02:17 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
15:02:23 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
15:02:23 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
15:02:27 <LeeF> zakim, who's on the phone?
15:02:27 <Zakim> On the phone I see LeeF, kasei, SteveH, Sandro, MattPerry, Olivier_, cbuilara, AxelPolleres, AndyS, bglimm (muted)
15:03:02 <AxelPolleres> topic: admin
15:03:10 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve minutes from http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-02-28
15:03:21 <AndyS> seconded
15:03:45 <LeeF> s/PA-2/PA-3
15:03:49 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve minutes from http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-02-28
15:04:03 <LeeF> Next meeting will be on March 13 @ usual time
15:04:18 <kasei> I'm at risk, but will try.
15:04:21 <LeeF> regrets next week: LeeF
15:04:35 <LeeF> regrets next week: AxelPolleres
15:04:40 <LeeF> Chairs will work on chair substitute
15:05:05 <AndyS> Nothing from RDF-WG : main issue is context/quads/dataset/named graphs theory.
15:05:07 <AxelPolleres> topic: RDF liaison
15:05:11 <AxelPolleres> nothing new
15:06:04 <AxelPolleres> topic: open comments
15:06:45 <AxelPolleres> link to Open comments summary: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JanMar/0229.html
15:06:49 <LeeF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JanMar/0229.html
15:07:15 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments
15:09:22 <AxelPolleres> SA-2 about UUID function, draft resp. says we won't add the function, because we're post last call.
15:09:22 <AxelPolleres> Lee: ... we could if we go for another LC, but my feeling is that it'd take to much time.
15:09:22 <AxelPolleres> ... other opinions?
15:09:50 <AxelPolleres> Andy: I am more inclined to add two functions UUID-URI, UUID-String
15:09:56 <SteveH> Didn't we discuss this previously?
15:10:48 <AndyS> Add (1) UUID -> an IRI and (2) StrUUID -> a string
15:11:15 <AndyS>  urn:uuid:abcdefghjkl
15:11:17 <AxelPolleres> two subcases of the comment.
15:12:29 <AxelPolleres> Steve: vague memory that we had talked about it.
15:12:43 <AxelPolleres> Lee: my mem is that we put it aside because we were in LC already.
15:12:45 <Zakim> + +1.781.899.aaee
15:12:53 <AxelPolleres> ... did anybody implement it already?
15:13:00 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:13:09 <AxelPolleres> Andy: not yet in SPARQL1.1
15:13:16 <AxelPolleres> Lee: would you add spec text?
15:13:27 <AxelPolleres> s/you/Andy/
15:13:45 <kasei> +0.5 on adding them
15:13:47 <AxelPolleres> Lee: asking the group, would it be okto add it  time allowed?
15:13:55 <AndyS> spec cost looks tolerable (i.e.contained --  a couple of new functions)
15:14:16 <AxelPolleres> +1 (time allowed, but lots of time allowed things coming up recently, makes me worry a bit)
15:15:08 <AxelPolleres> Lee: next comment DRD-1 on syntax issues.
15:15:57 <AxelPolleres> Andy: kinda worried about owning that one because it depends on RDF(?scribed correctly)
15:16:07 <kasei> I think DRD-1 is worth discussing as a group at some point, for what it's worth...
15:16:37 <AxelPolleres> Lee: JB-9 response is drafted, looks fine to me
15:17:13 <AxelPolleres> Andy: sending JB-9 and DB-20
15:18:04 <AxelPolleres> Lee: FS-1 response looks fine, carlos please send.
15:18:22 <AxelPolleres> ... other comment is DBeckett-1 very old comment.
15:20:53 <cbuilara> zakim, mute me
15:20:53 <Zakim> cbuilara should now be muted
15:21:19 <AxelPolleres> Chime's comments will be handled offlist.
15:21:46 <AxelPolleres> next one JC-5.... owned by Eric.
15:22:17 <AxelPolleres> Lee: JC-4+5 should be part of the same thread, we'll ask Chime.
15:22:42 <AxelPolleres> AL-2 is ancient... (Greg) service related stuff
15:23:30 <AxelPolleres> ... we can consider this dealt with, the response linked wasn't really a response.
15:23:48 <AxelPolleres> Greg: not sure we should send another response now.
15:24:13 <AxelPolleres> Lee's comments...
15:24:33 <AxelPolleres> Demairy-1 ...
15:25:57 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to draft response to MLR-1
15:25:57 <trackbot> Created ACTION-599 - Draft response to MLR-1 [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2012-03-13].
15:26:52 <AxelPolleres> DB-5...
15:27:11 <AxelPolleres> ... is for Paul.
15:27:15 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:DB-5
15:27:54 <bglimm> I can't see any response in my mails
15:28:39 <AxelPolleres> BT-3... is for Steve (awaiting review)
15:28:39 <AxelPolleres> ... fine to be sent out.
15:28:39 <AxelPolleres> Steve: ok.
15:29:16 <AxelPolleres> GR-4 is assigned to Chime.
15:31:57 <AxelPolleres> DB-1 also double used.
15:32:13 <LeeF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2009Jul/0006.html
15:32:34 <AxelPolleres> Lee: would anybody want to look at it?
15:32:51 <AxelPolleres> Andy: not sure, it's about the grammar
15:33:38 <AxelPolleres> ... I'm not inclined to make the change
15:34:03 <AxelPolleres> ... there was some stuff on that in local CSS.
15:34:16 <Zakim> +EricP
15:34:38 <AxelPolleres> ... reason that it's tweaked is that people complained in SPARQL1.0 the other way around.
15:34:52 <AxelPolleres> Lee: we can close that?
15:35:25 <AxelPolleres> Lee will look into SG-1, SG-2
15:35:39 <AxelPolleres> DW-1 is an LC comment.
15:35:53 <AxelPolleres> ... we don't normatively recommend PATCH.
15:36:20 <AxelPolleres> ... should be assigned to Chime. response should basically say that PATCH is not normative.
15:37:05 <AndyS> (HEX sizing fixed)
15:37:58 <SteveH> SteveH has joined #sparql
15:38:23 <AxelPolleres> will be answered with a single response.
15:38:48 <AndyS> The grammar is still smaller - plan to leave.
15:38:48 <LeeF> topic: CSV/TSV
15:38:48 <AxelPolleres> any more comments on comments?
15:39:13 <LeeF> close ACTION-594
15:39:13 <trackbot> ACTION-594 Review CSV/TSV for LC readiness closed
15:40:24 <AxelPolleres> Andy: I'm happy with warning in the text that things can go wrong.
15:40:30 <AxelPolleres> Greg: that's ok.
15:40:58 <AxelPolleres> Lee: Chime is going to review as well, we'll wait for that.
15:41:00 <LeeF> topic: property paths
15:41:20 <LeeF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JanMar/0221.html
15:41:31 <AxelPolleres> andy sent out details on how to define *,+ {+},{*}
15:42:03 <AxelPolleres> Lee: steve mentioned that it'd make the burden for implementers higher.
15:42:39 <AxelPolleres> ... two substantive comments, two possible semantics, not a great situation. 
15:43:21 <AxelPolleres> Steve: don't have any better solution.
15:43:58 <AxelPolleres> ... looks a bit rushed.
15:44:17 <AxelPolleres> Lee: Andy how does your suggested semantics relate to the comments one?
15:44:57 <AxelPolleres> Andy: the Chilenean papers only consider * and implications, but not all of PP 
15:45:17 <AxelPolleres> ... only concentrating on parts of the problem space.
15:45:52 <ericP> {}s for path lengths will certainly help the greater regex community understand them
15:45:55 <AxelPolleres> ... can't say whether they'll accept that, but it's addressing as best we can.
15:46:09 <AxelPolleres> Lee: should we involve them?
15:46:37 <AxelPolleres> Andy: we didn't get to a conclusion on that last time.
15:47:57 <Zakim> -cbuilara
15:48:18 <LeeF> ACTION: Axel to reach out to PP commenters for informal feedback on the direction the WG is headed to resolve those comments
15:48:18 <trackbot> Created ACTION-600 - Reach out to PP commenters for informal feedback on the direction the WG is headed to resolve those comments [on Axel Polleres - due 2012-03-13].
15:49:07 <Zakim> + +5697565aaff
15:49:20 <LeeF> zakim, mute +5697565aaff
15:49:20 <Zakim> +5697565aaff should now be muted
15:49:31 <Zakim> - +5697565aaff
15:49:58 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:49:58 <Zakim> On the phone I see LeeF, kasei, SteveH, MattPerry, Olivier_, AxelPolleres, AndyS, bglimm (muted), +1.781.899.aaee, EricP
15:50:15 <AxelPolleres> I will have a look.
15:50:16 <kasei> I'd be interested, but just don't have the time in the next few weeks.
15:50:38 <bglimm> Yakim, unmute me
15:50:44 <LeeF> zakim, unmute bglimm
15:50:44 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
15:50:44 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
15:50:45 <Zakim> bglimm was not muted, bglimm
15:51:03 <LeeF> ACTION: Axel to review the details of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JanMar/0221.html
15:51:03 <trackbot> Created ACTION-601 - Review the details of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JanMar/0221.html [on Axel Polleres - due 2012-03-13].
15:51:07 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
15:51:07 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
15:51:13 <LeeF> ACTION: birte to review the details of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JanMar/0221.html
15:51:13 <trackbot> Created ACTION-602 - Review the details of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JanMar/0221.html [on Birte Glimm - due 2012-03-13].
15:52:48 <AxelPolleres> topic: schedule
15:52:55 <AxelPolleres> still ok with last week's status
15:53:01 <AxelPolleres> topic: AOB
15:53:03 <AxelPolleres> none.
15:53:20 <AxelPolleres> adjourned.
15:53:23 <bglimm> bye
15:53:23 <Zakim> - +1.781.899.aaee
15:53:25 <Zakim> -MattPerry
15:53:25 <Zakim> -kasei
15:53:26 <Zakim> -EricP
15:53:26 <Zakim> -LeeF
15:53:26 <Zakim> -AndyS
15:53:28 <Zakim> -bglimm
15:53:29 <Zakim> -SteveH
15:53:33 <Zakim> -Olivier_
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000216