IRC log of xhtml on 2009-01-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:42:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xhtml
14:42:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:42:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:42:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xhtml
14:42:05 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_XHTML2
14:42:06 [trackbot]
Meeting: XHTML2 Working Group Teleconference
14:42:06 [trackbot]
Date: 07 January 2009
14:42:07 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_XHTML2()9:45AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
14:42:17 [mgylling]
mgylling has joined #xhtml
14:42:17 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
14:42:31 [Roland]
14:43:02 [Roland]
Regrets: Gregory, Alessio, Mark, Tina
14:43:37 [Zakim]
IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has now started
14:43:46 [Zakim]
14:44:01 [Roland]
Zakim, Roland_Merrick is Roland
14:44:01 [Zakim]
+Roland; got it
14:44:03 [Steven]
zakim, dial steven-617
14:44:03 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; the call is being made
14:44:04 [Zakim]
14:44:13 [Zakim]
14:44:32 [Zakim]
14:44:39 [ShaneM]
zakim, ??p13 is ShaneM
14:44:39 [Zakim]
+ShaneM; got it
14:46:32 [Steven]
zakim, who is here?
14:46:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Roland, Steven, ??P12, ShaneM
14:46:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mgylling, Zakim, RRSAgent, Roland, ShaneM, Steven, trackbot
14:47:15 [Roland]
Zakim, P12 is mgylling
14:47:15 [Zakim]
sorry, Roland, I do not recognize a party named 'P12'
14:47:15 [Steven]
zakim, ??P13 is Markus
14:47:16 [Zakim]
I already had ??P13 as ShaneM, Steven
14:47:43 [Roland]
Zakim, ??P12 is mgylling
14:47:43 [Zakim]
+mgylling; got it
14:48:15 [Steven]
Scribe: Steven
14:48:20 [Steven]
Topic: CURIEs CR
14:49:06 [Steven]
Steven: Director's decision draft is in front of me, I'll be sending that off; we just need a date for the CR draft
14:49:19 [Steven]
Shane: WHo needs that date?
14:49:24 [Steven]
14:49:33 [Steven]
Shane: How about Friday?
14:49:38 [Steven]
... 9th January
14:49:46 [Steven]
Steven: Thanks
14:50:38 [Steven]
Steven: Please check that we are referencing the newest XML
14:50:42 [Steven]
Shane: Think I did that
14:51:01 [Steven]
... but note that the latest definition of XML changes the definition of Name token
14:51:16 [Steven]
... oh wait, we discussed this already
14:51:33 [Steven]
Markus: We decided to stay with 4th edition for backwards compatbility
14:51:48 [Steven]
Shane: Yes, we agreed this for M12N too
14:51:56 [Steven]
... it affects CURIEs as well
14:52:13 [Steven]
... because we use the definition of Name token
14:52:23 [Steven]
... to define prefixes
14:53:41 [Steven]
Shane: We won't do it, and have a good reason
14:53:56 [Steven]
... I will point it to 4th edition (not 5th)
14:54:47 [Steven]
Steven: The RDFa test suite is probably good enough for CR period
14:54:57 [Steven]
... does it cover safe CURIEs?
14:55:00 [Steven]
Shane: Definitely
14:56:53 [Steven]
Roland: And WAI-ARIA
14:57:13 [Steven]
Steven: We don't have to test it, just point to implementations that support CURIES
14:57:25 [Steven]
Shane: 4 week CR period? To 6th Feb
14:57:38 [Steven]
Steven: Looks good
14:57:56 [Steven]
... we have the implementations, so we're safe
14:58:08 [Steven]
Roland: Do we need a test plan?
14:58:50 [Steven]
Steven: We should say which RDFa tests test which CURIE feature (in the implementation report)
14:59:44 [Steven]
... Do we really cover everything in the suite?
14:59:53 [Steven]
Shane: We'll need to check to be absolutely sure
15:00:44 [ShaneM]
CR ready document is at
15:00:49 [Steven]
TOPIC: role
15:01:06 [Steven]
Roland: We resolved to request CR for role
15:01:14 [Steven]
... are we ready?
15:02:04 [Steven]
Steven: Didn't we have a reason not to do it at the same call as CURIE? Waiting for a reply from someone?
15:02:29 [ShaneM]
15:03:09 [Steven]
Steven: The DoC looks OK
15:05:45 [Steven]
Steven: Oh I remember, it was for access, we were waiting for a response from I18N
15:06:15 [Steven]
15:08:39 [Steven]
ACTION: Steven to follow up with I18N on access comments
15:08:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-41 - Follow up with I18N on access comments [on Steven Pemberton - due 2009-01-14].
15:08:54 [Steven]
Roland: Back to role
15:09:22 [Steven]
ACTION: Steven to request CR for role
15:09:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-42 - Request CR for role [on Steven Pemberton - due 2009-01-14].
15:10:03 [Steven]
TOPIC: Third editions
15:10:25 [Steven]
Roland: 1.0 3e, 1.1 2e, Print
15:10:31 [Steven]
... delaying Basic?
15:10:47 [Steven]
Roland: Is the example problem solved?
15:10:57 [Steven]
Steven: Yes I got agreement from Yam
15:11:04 [Steven]
... Basic is ready to go
15:11:17 [Steven]
Shane: It is RDFa that we will hold back on as we just went to rec
15:11:36 [Steven]
Steven: So 4 specs going to PER
15:11:52 [Steven]
... I think we should make that one request
15:11:56 [Steven]
Shane: Definitely
15:12:13 [Steven]
... PERs don't even need a transition call
15:12:21 [Steven]
... IIRC
15:12:45 [Steven]
ACTION: Steven to request PER for 4 specs using M12N
15:12:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-43 - Request PER for 4 specs using M12N [on Steven Pemberton - due 2009-01-14].
15:13:48 [Steven]
TOPIC: Actions
15:13:51 [Roland]
15:14:33 [Steven]
Roland: 1, 2 continue
15:14:43 [Steven]
... 14 continues
15:15:11 [Steven]
... 17, we don't like the wording on positioning in the HTML5 spec
15:15:17 [Steven]
Steven: I'll pick that up
15:17:42 [Steven]
Roland: 20 - Steven
15:17:49 [Steven]
Steven: I'll check whether I got to it
15:18:38 [Steven]
Roland: 24 ongoing
15:19:00 [ShaneM]
role CR draft is up at
15:19:23 [Steven]
Roland: 25 - Shane
15:19:28 [Steven]
Shane: Nearly done
15:19:39 [ShaneM]
access CR draft is up at
15:19:50 [Steven]
Roland: 26 - Shane
15:20:03 [Steven]
Shane: I've spoken to Mark Baker, he's happy to help, and not sure what we want
15:20:11 [Steven]
... I need help to get this done
15:20:59 [Steven]
... it is to do with "Follow your nose"
15:21:37 [Steven]
Roland: We need a clearer statement of the problem
15:23:19 [Steven]
Steven: This was as a result of issue #674
15:23:32 [Steven];user=guest;statetype=-3;upostype=-1;changetype=-1;restype=-1
15:24:07 [Steven]
Roland: Not a straightforward action this one
15:25:19 [Steven]
Shane: Although it mentions namespace, that is a red herring
15:25:39 [ShaneM]
15:27:00 [Steven]
Steven: I wonder if we can short-circuit this
15:27:18 [Steven]
... xhtml+xml already has a profile parameter, already used by XHTML-MP
15:27:28 [Steven]
... so can't we just use it?
15:27:35 [Steven]
... needs research
15:27:50 [Steven]
Shane: I will summarise by email
15:28:58 [Steven]
Roland: Action 35
15:29:32 [Steven]
trackbot, close action-35
15:29:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-35 - ask XForms about Access Module concerns closed
15:30:01 [Steven]
Roland: Action 36
15:30:17 [Steven]
Shane: Policy statement is done
15:30:27 [Steven]
... do we want it on the front page or linked?
15:30:30 [Steven]
Roland: Linked
15:31:00 [Steven]
Shane: In that case, where from. from Modularization?
15:31:03 [ShaneM]
15:32:59 [Steven]
Roland: We'll put it inline where we talk about recommendations
15:33:48 [Steven]
trackbot, close action-40
15:33:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-40 - notify HTC of change of verbiage to "DOM2 or later" in XML Events 2 closed
15:34:43 [Steven]
trackbot, close action-30
15:34:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-30 - request CR Transition for Role Module closed
15:35:21 [Steven]
trackbot, close action-37
15:35:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-37 - request transition to PER for XHTML 1.1, XHTML Basic 1.1, and XHTML Print closed
15:35:32 [Steven]
trackbot, close action-38
15:35:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-38 - request transition for XHTML 1.0 PER (Third Edition) closed
15:36:00 [Steven]
TOPIC: Mime type document
15:36:08 [Steven]
Shane: Done, let's publish
15:37:04 [Steven]
... someone commented
15:37:13 [Steven]
Roland: Discuss next week?
15:37:36 [Steven]
15:39:02 [Steven]
15:41:07 [Steven]
Markus: Action 39?
15:41:13 [Steven]
Shane: I'm behind on that
15:41:25 [Steven]
Markus: How should we deal with issues?
15:42:07 [Steven]
Steven: On group list in first instance (public-xhtml2)
15:42:28 [Steven]
Shane: If you have direct questions about the schema contact me directly
15:42:38 [Steven]
15:42:45 [Zakim]
15:42:46 [Zakim]
15:42:49 [Zakim]
15:42:51 [Zakim]
15:42:51 [Zakim]
IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has ended
15:42:52 [Zakim]
Attendees were Roland, Steven, ShaneM, mgylling
15:42:59 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:42:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Steven
15:43:19 [Roland]
rrsagent, make log public
15:43:36 [Roland]
Roland has left #xhtml
15:51:07 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has left #xhtml
17:06:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xhtml