NOTE: This document is no longer maintained because the Web Applications Working Group was closed in October 2015 and its deliverables transferred to the Web Platform Working Group.
This document includes information about the XML Binding Language aka XBL.
This document is a Living Document and as such will change. Members of WebApps are encouraged to edit (e.g. to update, correct, etc.) the information in this document and people without a W3C account are encouraged to send comments to email@example.com.
XBL specifications include (in no particular order):
- XBL2-cutdown; Editor's Draft last updated 3-Sep-2010. Includes many changes from the 2007 Candidate Recommendation. Not clear if there is any implementor support for this
- XML Binding Language (XBL) 2.0, Candidate Recommendation; published 16-March-2007. Some XForms implementation work has been reported
- SVG's XML Binding Language (sXBL), Working Draft; published 15-Aug-2005 by SVG WG. First attempt at a standard XBL, aimed mainly at SVG; attempt halted because the implementors and users wanted XPointer and the editor wanted Selectors). Lots of interest at SVG Open three or four years ago, probably none now.
- XBL - XML Binding Language, W3C Note; by David Hyatt (AOL); published 23-Feb-2001
- Mozilla and XBL2 Candidate; status by Jonas Sicking 5-May-2010
- XForms and XBL2 Candidate; XForms implementation data from Leigh Klotz 22-Sep-2010
- XSmiles XBL2 Candidate; XSmiles.org
- Component Model Use Cases; Dimitry Glazkov (WHATWG)
Discussion threads about XBL2 (newer threads listed first):
- XBL Discussions by the HCG; minutes from Hypertext Coordination Group's 12-Feb-2011 call
- What is Happening with XBL?; thread started on 24-Jan-2011 (public-webapps)
- Rename XBL2 to something without X, B, or L?; Dimitri Glazkov 14-Dec-2010 on public-webapps
- XBL2: First Thoughts and Use Cases; Dimitri Glazkov 10-Dec-2010 on public-webapps
- XBL2-cutdown announced; Ian Hickson (XBL2 Editor) announces (public-webapps) major changes in the Editor's Draft of the XBL2 Candidate (3-Sep-2010)