IRC log of svg on 2008-10-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

07:36:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #svg
07:36:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/10/24-svg-irc
07:36:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
07:36:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #svg
07:36:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GA_SVGWG
07:36:45 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
07:36:46 [trackbot]
Meeting: SVG Working Group Teleconference
07:36:46 [trackbot]
Date: 24 October 2008
07:37:29 [ChrisL]
zakim, dial exec_7
07:37:29 [Zakim]
sorry, ChrisL, I don't know what conference this is
07:37:34 [ChrisL]
zakim, this is svg
07:37:34 [Zakim]
sorry, ChrisL, I do not see a conference named 'svg' in progress or scheduled at this time
07:37:44 [ChrisL]
zakim, room for 3?
07:37:45 [Zakim]
ok, ChrisL; conference Team_(svg)07:37Z scheduled with code 26631 (CONF1) for 60 minutes until 0837Z
07:37:50 [ChrisL]
zakim, dial exec_7
07:37:50 [Zakim]
I am sorry, ChrisL; I do not know a number for exec_7
07:37:54 [ed]
heycam: and I still see a missingglyph(which I assume is the BOM) if I load http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/struct.html#PrefetchElement (prefetch02 example)
07:37:58 [ChrisL]
zakim, dial Exec_7
07:37:58 [Zakim]
I am sorry, ChrisL; I do not know a number for Exec_7
07:38:14 [ChrisL]
zakim, dial executive_7
07:38:14 [Zakim]
ok, ChrisL; the call is being made
07:38:15 [Zakim]
Team_(svg)07:37Z has now started
07:38:16 [Zakim]
+Executive_7
07:39:03 [Zakim]
-Executive_7
07:39:04 [Zakim]
Team_(svg)07:37Z has ended
07:39:04 [Zakim]
Attendees were Executive_7
07:40:34 [ChrisL]
zakim, dial executive_7
07:40:34 [Zakim]
ok, ChrisL; the call is being made
07:40:35 [Zakim]
Team_(svg)07:37Z has now started
07:40:37 [Zakim]
+Executive_7
07:40:57 [Zakim]
+??P8
07:40:58 [Zakim]
-??P8
07:40:58 [Zakim]
+??P8
07:41:01 [heycam]
Zakim, ??P8 is me
07:41:01 [Zakim]
+heycam; got it
07:42:06 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2158
07:42:15 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2158?
07:42:15 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2158 -- get and setTrait with url() syntax -- RAISED
07:42:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2158
07:42:36 [ChrisL]
Scribe: Chris
07:43:09 [ChrisL]
ED: In Opera I get url() from getTrait on fill
07:43:25 [ChrisL]
... for setTrait we parse the value so you clearly need url()
07:43:37 [ChrisL]
CL: So we agree with the proposed clarification
07:44:32 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Cameron to correct spec re ISSUE-2158
07:44:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2331 - Correct spec re ISSUE-2158 [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
07:46:20 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2159
07:46:23 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2159?
07:46:24 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2159 -- Invalid path data error/unsupported -- RAISED
07:46:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2159
07:47:03 [ChrisL]
ED: Its an SVG11 leftover, should be unsupported not an error
07:47:07 [ed]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/implnote.html#PathElementImplementationNotes
07:48:09 [ChrisL]
CMcC: So remove the last bullet point in that appendix
07:48:49 [ChrisL]
We agree
07:49:12 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Cameron to remove last bullet point about path data being an error from the path implementation notes
07:49:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2332 - Remove last bullet point about path data being an error from the path implementation notes [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
07:51:54 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2160
07:51:56 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2160?
07:51:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2160 -- Throwing INVALID_ACCESS_ERR when setting <use xlink:href=""> -- RAISED
07:51:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2160
07:52:05 [ed]
ED: I agree with the conclusion, and I think we should remove the wording for the 'use' element case
07:52:37 [ChrisL]
CMcC: Woried about always throwing here especially for elements not in the tree yet
07:54:20 [ed]
ED: I think it would make it hard to use traitaccess if you were not allowed to use settraitns with some xlink:href that points to something you put into the tree later on
07:57:36 [ed]
ED: I propose then to remove "This exception is also thrown when the 'use'
07:57:36 [ed]
element is hooked into the document tree and the the value of
07:57:36 [ed]
'xlink:href' is set invalid."
07:57:43 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Cameron to remove the second sentence, on throwing with setTrait if an aivalid IRI is given
07:57:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2333 - Remove the second sentence, on throwing with setTrait if an aivalid IRI is given [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
07:59:36 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2161
07:59:39 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2161?
07:59:39 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2161 -- SVG element namespace requirement -- RAISED
07:59:39 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2161
08:02:29 [chaals]
chaals has joined #svg
08:03:10 [chaals]
chaals has left #svg
08:05:07 [ChrisL]
Proposed wording at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDec/0248.html
08:06:21 [ChrisL]
ED: Like the proposed wording
08:07:54 [ChrisL]
CMcC: Looks good
08:08:34 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Cameron to fix SVG element ns requirements per Chris suggested wording
08:08:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2334 - Fix SVG element ns requirements per Chris suggested wording [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
08:09:34 [Liam]
Liam has joined #svg
08:10:10 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2162
08:10:12 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2162?
08:10:13 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2162 -- Remove "SVG viewport" definition -- RAISED
08:10:13 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2162
08:10:29 [ChrisL]
CL: Yes, if the definition is not used it should be removed
08:10:47 [ChrisL]
need to check for links to it
08:11:15 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Cameron remove unused SVG viewport definition, leaving the 'viewport' definition which is used
08:11:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2335 - Remove unused SVG viewport definition, leaving the 'viewport' definition which is used [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
08:13:28 [ed]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008OctDec/0189.html
08:13:47 [heycam]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20081021113831.GA16336@arc.mcc.id.au
08:15:23 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2163
08:15:25 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2163?
08:15:25 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2163 -- role="contexthelp" -- RAISED
08:15:25 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2163
08:15:35 [ChrisL]
ED: Need Doug for this one probably
08:15:54 [ChrisL]
CMcC: Just wanted to point it out. Seems odd, not sure what the resolution should be
08:16:41 [heycam]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20081022004450.GA14281@arc.mcc.id.au
08:17:17 [shepazu]
shepazu has joined #svg
08:17:28 [ChrisL]
Wording for non-invertable CTMs with ref() (for ISSUE-2073)
08:17:42 [ChrisL]
CL: Lets keep this with the same issue
08:17:51 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2073?
08:17:51 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2073 -- inverse and constrained transformations -- CLOSED
08:17:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2073
08:18:08 [ChrisL]
CMcC: Wording is not fluent English
08:19:15 [ChrisL]
CL: Much prefer your explicit wording to the vague 'may cause problems'
08:21:45 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Cameron to improve wording on non-invertible CTMs
08:21:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2336 - Improve wording on non-invertible CTMs [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
08:23:46 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2094
08:23:47 [ed]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Oct/0219.html
08:23:57 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2094?
08:23:57 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2094 -- accessing rules for traitAccess -- RAISED
08:23:57 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2094
08:24:41 [ChrisL]
ED: On first poont he is satisfied. On second he is too, but then raises additional questions
08:25:31 [ChrisL]
... some part of this is covered in SMIL but not all, especially changing IDs while animating
08:27:29 [ChrisL]
... not clear for animations that have a resolved begin tiome, it cant become unresolved
08:30:11 [ChrisL]
CL: So I think the answer is the first option "no effect the animation continue.
08:30:11 [ChrisL]
" as the element has already been located.
08:32:03 [heycam]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20081022035131.GF14281@arc.mcc.id.au - Feature strings for buffered-rendering and color-rendering
08:32:03 [heycam]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20081022230648.GC20693@arc.mcc.id.au - New wording for @attributeType
08:32:03 [heycam]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20081023004437.GF20693@arc.mcc.id.au - Animating @transform with <set>
08:32:03 [heycam]
http://www.w3.org/mid/20081023005712.GH20693@arc.mcc.id.au - Paced rotation transform
08:32:58 [ed]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/feature.html
08:33:34 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2164
08:33:37 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2164?
08:33:37 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2164 -- Feature strings for buffered-rendering and color-rendering -- RAISED
08:33:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2164
08:34:12 [ed]
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/painting.html#paint-att-mod
08:34:24 [ChrisL]
ED: color-rendering should be in paint same as 1.1
08:34:49 [ChrisL]
so we disagree
08:35:00 [ChrisL]
CMcC: Yeah, okay
08:35:10 [ChrisL]
ED: Agree on buffered-rendering
08:37:21 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Cameron to fix buffered-rendering feature string
08:37:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2337 - Fix buffered-rendering feature string [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-10-31].
08:39:22 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2082
08:39:29 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2082?
08:39:29 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2082 -- attributeType auto -- CLOSED
08:39:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2082
08:39:56 [Liam]
Liam has joined #svg
08:43:15 [ChrisL]
This new wording is a) poor and b) contradicts what the attributeName says just above
08:45:16 [ChrisL]
DS: Yes, thats bogus
08:48:14 [ChrisL]
Suggested wording" if the attributeName value has a prefix, it is resolved as described above
08:49:03 [ed]
ED: yes, that looks fine, and keep the sentences around it
08:49:15 [heycam]
Zakim, give me some of the cake
08:49:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'give me some of the cake', heycam
08:52:09 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Erik to fix the namespace wording for attributeName as described in the minutes for 24 Oct 2008
08:52:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2338 - Fix the namespace wording for attributeName as described in the minutes for 24 Oct 2008 [on Erik Dahlström - due 2008-10-31].
08:54:09 [Zakim]
-heycam
08:54:10 [Zakim]
-Executive_7
08:54:10 [Zakim]
Team_(svg)07:37Z has ended
08:54:11 [Zakim]
Attendees were Executive_7, heycam
09:25:13 [ChrisL]
Topic: XSL Liaison
09:25:53 [ChrisL]
Next SVG f2f - week of 16 Feb 2009, Sydney
09:26:07 [ed]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Meetings#F2F_Meeting_Information
09:26:13 [kbals]
kbals has joined #svg
09:26:17 [kbals]
kbals has left #svg
09:26:21 [kbals]
kbals has joined #svg
09:26:39 [ChrisL]
after that, Juneish, Raleigh-Durham
09:28:55 [ChrisL]
LQ: XML CG approves XSL meetings. Coordinated with other WGs
09:34:53 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2152
09:34:58 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2152?
09:34:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2152 -- Less Emphasis on 'xml:id' -- RAISED
09:34:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2152
09:35:13 [ChrisL]
DS: Too late to do something drastic
09:38:08 [chaals]
chaals has joined #svg
09:38:56 [chaals]
chaals has left #svg
09:46:06 [shepazu]
http://www.schepers.cc/xmlid/svgxmlid.html
10:03:30 [ed]
RESOLUTION: we will remove the sentence about deprecating the 'id' attribute
10:04:27 [ed]
RESOLUTION: we will not change the part about setting xml:id and id from the element.id DOM property
10:06:15 [ed]
RESOLUTION: we recommend using 'id' instead of xml:id on elements in the svg namespace
10:07:04 [ed]
RESOLUTION: if you use arbitrary xml markup it's recommended to use xml:id
10:08:49 [ed]
ACTION: DS to implement the above four resolutions in the spec (ISSUE-2152)
10:08:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2339 - Implement the above four resolutions in the spec (ISSUE-2152) [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-10-31].
10:15:49 [ChrisL]
ISSUE-2147?
10:15:49 [trackbot]
ISSUE-2147 -- Section on externally referenced documents confusing -- OPEN
10:15:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2147
10:19:15 [jun]
jun has joined #svg
10:28:43 [ed]
ACTION: DS to commit the proposed changes for ISSUE-2147 (ED to review those), and respond
10:28:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2340 - Commit the proposed changes for ISSUE-2147 (ED to review those), and respond [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-10-31].
10:57:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #svg
11:34:38 [heycam]
i see shepazu is on the www.w3.org homepage
11:54:59 [ChrisL]
ChrisL has joined #svg
12:27:14 [jun]
jun has joined #svg
12:28:50 [ChrisL]
ChrisL has joined #svg
12:51:45 [jun]
jun has joined #svg
13:17:36 [ChrisL]
ChrisL has joined #svg
13:20:28 [jun]
jun has left #svg
13:23:17 [ed]
ed has joined #svg
13:24:13 [shepazu]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Aug/0069.html
14:11:27 [ChrisL]
ChrisL has joined #svg
14:21:45 [shepazu]
shepazu has joined #svg
15:32:40 [jdaggett]
jdaggett has joined #svg