IRC log of svg on 2008-08-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:52:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #svg
10:52:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-svg-irc
10:52:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:52:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #svg
10:52:05 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GA_SVGWG
10:52:05 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see GA_SVGWG()6:30AM scheduled to start 22 minutes ago
10:52:06 [trackbot]
Meeting: SVG Working Group Teleconference
10:52:06 [trackbot]
Date: 07 August 2008
10:52:21 [anthony]
Zakim, call Doug
10:52:21 [Zakim]
I am sorry, anthony; I do not know a number for Doug
10:52:29 [aemmons]
zakim, call shepazu
10:52:29 [Zakim]
ok, aemmons; the call is being made
10:52:30 [Zakim]
GA_SVGWG()6:30AM has now started
10:52:31 [Zakim]
+Shepazu
10:53:00 [Zakim]
+??P0
10:53:06 [aemmons]
zakim, ??p0 is me
10:53:06 [Zakim]
+aemmons; got it
10:53:14 [Zakim]
+??P2
10:53:27 [anthony]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
10:53:27 [Zakim]
+anthony; got it
10:54:39 [ChrisL]
ChrisL has joined #svg
10:56:11 [aemmons]
Chair: AE
10:56:13 [anthony]
Chair: Andrew Emmons
10:56:16 [anthony]
Scribe: anthony
10:56:18 [aemmons]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0106.html
10:56:28 [anthony]
Regrets: Erik, Cameron
10:56:58 [Zakim]
+ +95249aaaa
10:57:10 [ChrisL]
zakim, +95 is me
10:57:10 [Zakim]
+ChrisL; got it
10:57:53 [anthony]
Topic: Testsuite
10:58:10 [ChrisL]
I was looking at http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage?action=diff and it seems an edit I made is not there
10:58:46 [anthony]
CL: Required fonts test is complete
10:58:49 [anthony]
... and the list values one
10:59:22 [anthony]
AE: Has anyone else made progress on tests?
10:59:31 [anthony]
... Erik and Cameron are out at the moment
10:59:43 [anthony]
... so the connection tests (that cameron has) need to be given
10:59:47 [anthony]
.. to someone else
11:00:22 [anthony]
... Anthony you had these originally
11:00:28 [anthony]
... did you want to do them again?
11:01:56 [anthony]
ACTION: emmons to email Ikivo and ask them for connection tests
11:01:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2124 - Email Ikivo and ask them for connection tests [on Andrew Emmons - due 2008-08-14].
11:02:41 [anthony]
AE: I'll try to get the time sync tests in
11:02:51 [anthony]
... and that's pretty good coverage
11:03:04 [anthony]
... we made a pretty good jump in the past few weeks
11:03:15 [anthony]
... I'd hoped we'd have some reviewed before the F2F
11:03:24 [anthony]
... should we wait until the F2F to review them?
11:04:31 [ChrisL]
I will update http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage/14-Linking because some of it (charmod-RI) has moved to informative
11:09:09 [Zakim]
-anthony
11:09:56 [Zakim]
+??P2
11:10:14 [anthony]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
11:10:14 [Zakim]
+anthony; got it
11:12:24 [anthony]
AE: We may need to hand the test suite to someone to get complete
11:12:33 [anthony]
... we need someone to track and update the test suite
11:13:21 [anthony]
AG: I might be able to do that
11:36:07 [anthony]
DS: What remains of the test suite?
11:36:15 [anthony]
... just looking at the test coverage
11:36:32 [shepazu]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage
11:36:51 [anthony]
DS: Can we just go down the list real quick
11:37:13 [anthony]
... I did one of the class attribute tests
11:37:23 [anthony]
... one of them was just making sure that everything was in the DOM
11:37:38 [anthony]
... the second one was making sure it was animatable
11:37:48 [anthony]
... I assume that means I need to use SMIL animation
11:37:51 [anthony]
CL: Yes
11:38:05 [anthony]
... so you can animate it then read the values back in a script
11:38:11 [anthony]
... to see if it's animated over time
11:38:20 [anthony]
DS: I'm talking about getting it working
11:38:25 [anthony]
CL: Use a set
11:38:42 [anthony]
.. you don't have to track it per second
11:38:52 [anthony]
... just check it after a set period of time
11:39:03 [anthony]
AE: Not sure how you read the values
11:39:06 [anthony]
... class is not a trait
11:39:39 [Zakim]
-anthony
11:39:50 [anthony]
CL: The fact that it's hard to detect that it's being animated means that people have skipped over that
11:40:18 [Zakim]
+??P2
11:40:25 [anthony]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
11:40:25 [Zakim]
+anthony; got it
11:41:27 [anthony]
CL: I'd say skip the test for now
11:41:34 [anthony]
... put something in the notes
11:41:43 [anthony]
AE: Perhaps make an issue or get an action
11:42:17 [anthony]
DS: I'll raise an issue on this
11:42:23 [anthony]
AE: There are two there for me
11:42:32 [anthony]
... we do have some being done for run time sync
11:43:02 [anthony]
... section 14.1
11:43:06 [anthony]
... with references
11:43:32 [anthony]
... assigned to Chris
11:43:43 [anthony]
CL: Some of no longer needs to be tested
11:44:52 [anthony]
... some of the stuff has been removed
11:45:16 [anthony]
AE: The next section there is with Erik
11:45:22 [anthony]
... should keep them assigned to him
11:45:40 [anthony]
... next ones are connection events which I'll ask Ikivo for
11:46:47 [anthony]
DS: People have been asking for a published version of the test suite
11:47:10 [anthony]
AE: There are still a lot of things to be done between now and the publish date
11:47:22 [anthony]
... it is do-able if we have team that works on it during the F2F
11:48:21 [anthony]
... so the goal is by the end of F2F to have the test suite done
11:50:07 [anthony]
... as far as the marathon goes
11:50:17 [anthony]
... is everyone ok doing that Tuesday?
11:51:08 [anthony]
CL: I wont be able to attend next week because I'll be on holidays
11:51:16 [anthony]
AE: One thing to do is check for your edit actions
11:51:23 [anthony]
... if you have any just palm them off
11:51:42 [anthony]
... you shouldn't have too many
11:52:06 [anthony]
DS: If you can make a report of edit actions that'd be great
11:52:18 [anthony]
AE: I can do that Fri or Sat event
11:52:28 [anthony]
... so I'd like to have that ready before the marathon
11:54:28 [anthony]
AG: I'm ok with the marathon
11:56:20 [anthony]
DS: If we can start an hour later than planned that would be good
11:56:28 [anthony]
AE: AG are you ok wit that
11:56:33 [anthony]
s/wit/with/
11:56:36 [anthony]
AG: That's fine with me
11:56:53 [Zakim]
-ChrisL
11:57:01 [Zakim]
-aemmons
11:57:07 [Zakim]
-Shepazu
11:57:11 [Zakim]
-anthony
11:57:12 [Zakim]
GA_SVGWG()6:30AM has ended
11:57:13 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shepazu, aemmons, anthony, +95249aaaa, ChrisL
11:57:46 [anthony]
rssagent, make minutes
11:57:57 [anthony]
rragent, make minutes
11:58:16 [anthony]
Zakim, bye
11:58:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #svg
11:58:22 [anthony]
RRSAgent, make minutes
11:58:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-svg-minutes.html anthony
13:38:30 [ed_work]
ed_work has joined #svg