IRC log of RDB2RDF on 2008-07-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:57:08 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #RDB2RDF
14:57:08 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:57:38 [Ashok]
zakim, this will be RDB2RDF
14:57:38 [Zakim]
ok, Ashok, I see INC_RDB2RDF()11:00AM already started
14:57:53 [Ashok]
chair: Ashok
14:57:56 [JimM]
JimM has joined #RDB2RDF
14:58:09 [Ashok]
meeting: RDB2RDF Telcon
14:58:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.285.aacc
14:58:26 [Andrew]
Andrew has joined #RDB2RDF
14:58:32 [Zakim]
14:58:50 [Zakim]
15:00:28 [Andrew]
zakim, who is on the phone
15:00:28 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', Andrew
15:00:29 [Zakim]
15:00:36 [JennyGreen]
JennyGreen has joined #rdb2rdf
15:00:47 [whalb]
whalb has joined #rdb2rdf
15:01:16 [Zakim]
15:01:19 [JimM_]
JimM_ has joined #RDB2RDF
15:01:42 [juansequeda]
juansequeda has joined #RDB2RDF
15:01:45 [Zakim]
+ +0792123aadd
15:01:58 [JimM_]
zakim, who is here?
15:01:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.509.771.aaaa, +34.91.852.aabb, +1.408.285.aacc, Jim_Melton, Andrew_Eisenberg, Ashok_Malhotra, whalb, +0792123aadd
15:02:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see juansequeda, JimM_, whalb, JennyGreen, Andrew, RRSAgent, Zakim, Ashok, joebetz, dpalmisano, MacTed
15:05:11 [CGI352]
CGI352 has joined #rdb2rdf
15:06:47 [Zakim]
15:07:02 [dpalmisano]
'm in, good evening to all
15:07:05 [Ashok]
scrinenick: Andrew
15:07:40 [Andrew]
No call July 18
15:07:54 [Andrew]
2. Appointment of minute taker
15:07:56 [Andrew]
15:08:25 [Andrew]
4. XG Logistics
15:08:50 [Andrew]
12 people said the could attend F2F meeting Oct. 31
15:08:55 [Zakim]
15:09:28 [Andrew]
Ashok recommends F2F Oct. 30, 31
15:09:37 [Andrew]
no objections heard
15:09:58 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #RDB2RDF
15:10:39 [Andrew]
Andrew asks for some teleconference arrangements when the time comes
15:11:29 [Andrew]
Wolfgang: details in a couple of weeks
15:11:40 [Zakim]
15:11:47 [Andrew]
XG Vacation?
15:12:03 [Andrew]
10 said "yes"
15:12:58 [CGI352]
[Microsoft] is satya sahoo
15:13:33 [AxelPolleres]
Is that enough run-ahead to get the f2f organized?
15:14:10 [JimM]
JimM has joined #RDB2RDF
15:14:16 [Andrew]
Ashok recommends 4 weeks off starting with Aug. 8, resuming Sept. 5
15:14:51 [Andrew]
Ashok will let us know about meeting on Aug. 1
15:15:00 [AxelPolleres]
ok, fine.
15:15:38 [Andrew]
3. Approve minutes of June 27, 2008 meeting
15:15:38 [Andrew]
15:16:50 [Andrew]
15:16:55 [Andrew]
7. Comments on XG Deliverables?
15:16:55 [Andrew]
15:17:02 [Andrew]
We will discuss this in the future
15:17:13 [Andrew]
8. Presentation by Juan Sequeda
15:17:32 [Andrew]
15:18:56 [jsequeda]
jsequeda has joined #RDB2RDF
15:19:44 [Andrew]
15:25:31 [Andrew]
Ashok: How is survey different from our wiki?
15:25:42 [Andrew]
Juan: specific to direct mapping
15:25:59 [JimM]
JimM has joined #RDB2RDF
15:26:11 [Andrew]
Juan: Hopefully ready by end of Auguist
15:27:15 [Ashok]
Completeness --> does it cover all pk/fk combinations
15:31:45 [Ashok]
Userinput -> naming relationships, inheritance
15:32:16 [Andrew]
user has someinput to the "generate" operation on slide 8
15:34:04 [Andrew]
This approach is the same as RDB2Onto
15:34:56 [JimM_]
JimM_ has joined #RDB2RDF
15:35:17 [Andrew]
Concern raised that this does not generate a "quality" ontology
15:36:22 [Andrew]
Juan agrees, problem shifted to the creation of a higher-level domain ontology
15:46:59 [Andrew]
Ashok: What is the status of this work?
15:47:42 [Andrew]
Juan: Will create generator of direct mapping.
15:49:25 [Andrew]
Juan: Access to database via the mapping has not yet been done.
15:50:02 [Andrew]
Juan: Transformation rules written in first order logic
15:50:44 [jsequeda]
15:50:54 [Andrew]
Juan will send us a link with these rules
15:51:04 [Ashok]
The link is above
15:51:20 [Andrew]
Juan will update our wiki pages
15:58:20 [CGI352]
CGI352 has joined #rdb2rdf
15:58:22 [Andrew]
9. Future presentations
15:58:22 [Andrew]
- - Li Ma on IBM work July 25
15:58:33 [Zakim]
15:58:41 [Zakim]
- +0792123aadd
15:58:49 [Zakim]
15:58:51 [Zakim]
- +1.408.285.aacc
15:58:52 [Zakim]
15:58:53 [Zakim]
- +1.509.771.aaaa
15:58:54 [Zakim]
15:58:55 [Zakim]
15:58:55 [Zakim]
15:58:56 [Zakim]
15:58:57 [whalb]
whalb has left #rdb2rdf
15:58:58 [Zakim]
- +34.91.852.aabb
15:58:59 [Zakim]
INC_RDB2RDF()11:00AM has ended
15:59:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.509.771.aaaa, +34.91.852.aabb, +1.408.285.aacc, Jim_Melton, Andrew_Eisenberg, Ashok_Malhotra, whalb, +0792123aadd, [Microsoft], AxelPolleres
15:59:11 [Ashok]
zakim, list participants
15:59:11 [Zakim]
sorry, Ashok, I don't know what conference this is
15:59:30 [Ashok]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:59:51 [Ashok]
rrsagent, create minutes
15:59:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Ashok
16:02:52 [dpalmisano]
dpalmisano has joined #RDB2RDF
16:34:34 [JimM]
JimM has joined #RDB2RDF
16:48:01 [JennyGreen]
JennyGreen has joined #rdb2rdf
17:21:31 [JennyGreen]
JennyGreen has joined #rdb2rdf
18:12:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #RDB2RDF
18:31:22 [JennyGreen]
JennyGreen has joined #rdb2rdf
23:00:49 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #RDB2RDF