IRC log of bpwg on 2008-05-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:58:31 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #bpwg
13:58:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-bpwg-irc
13:58:33 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:58:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #bpwg
13:58:35 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be BPWG
13:58:35 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot-ng
13:58:36 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference
13:58:36 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 13 May 2008
13:58:53 [francois]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2008May/0016.html
13:58:55 [francois]
Chair: fd
13:59:06 [francois]
Regrets: jo, MartinJ, Bryan, Murari
14:02:47 [rob]
rob has joined #bpwg
14:03:43 [Pontus2]
Pontus2 has joined #bpwg
14:04:14 [francois]
Present: rob, Pontus, francois
14:05:16 [andrews]
andrews has joined #bpwg
14:05:49 [francois]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:05:49 [Zakim]
sorry, francois, I don't know what conference this is
14:05:51 [Zakim]
On IRC I see andrews, Pontus2, rob, Zakim, RRSAgent, matt, trackbot-ng, francois, dom
14:05:59 [matt]
Present- Matt
14:06:33 [francois]
Present+ andrews
14:06:48 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:06:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-bpwg-minutes.html francois
14:08:26 [francois]
Scribe: Andrew
14:08:42 [francois]
ScribeNick: andrews
14:09:43 [andrews]
Pontus2: Part of devices team in Ericsson for last 2 years. Working in mobile internet for 8 years. Replacing Magnus.
14:10:18 [francois]
Topic: XHR last call comment
14:11:38 [francois]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008May/0064.html last call comment
14:12:17 [andrews]
francois: HR is just one case. iFrame is another example.
14:13:15 [andrews]
... Explaining explicitly what is wanted (eg no-transform) is better than identifying origin of request.
14:13:20 [francois]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: don't go any further with the XHR topic.
14:13:38 [andrews]
+1
14:13:44 [francois]
+1
14:14:00 [Pontus2]
+1
14:14:18 [andrews]
RESOLUTION: don't go any further with the XHR topic.
14:14:47 [francois]
Topic: Consistency in the behavior of the CT-proxy
14:15:28 [SeanP]
SeanP has joined #bpwg
14:15:49 [andrews]
francois: No guidelines about handling of sessions
14:16:39 [andrews]
...CT-proxies should be consistent within a session but how do we define a session?
14:17:07 [francois]
Present+ SeanP
14:18:54 [andrews]
Rob: Example - content is being transformed and then a style sheet says no-transform
14:19:48 [andrews]
...links may contain URLs pointing back to CT-proxy
14:21:08 [andrews]
francois: may be we don't need to make any recommendations in the guidelines.
14:21:10 [francois]
ACTION: daoust to summarize the issue that may be raised by sessions
14:21:10 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-755 - Summarize the issue that may be raised by sessions [on Fran├žois Daoust - due 2008-05-20].
14:23:08 [francois]
Topic: Examination of URIs
14:23:28 [francois]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2008May/0000.html Sean's point
14:24:22 [andrews]
francois: Reference discussions about URIs indicating mobile content e.g. mobile.site.com.
14:24:54 [andrews]
...some content providers use such URIs already.
14:25:56 [andrews]
...However, URIs should not necessarily relate to the content.
14:26:21 [SeanP]
q+
14:26:29 [francois]
ack SeanP
14:26:31 [andrews]
...Guidelines should not specify specific URI patterns.
14:27:09 [andrews]
Sean: Agree should just be a heuristic.
14:27:32 [andrews]
...until there is a better way.
14:28:01 [francois]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Mention examination of URIs in the list of heuristics in 4.4 (transformation of the response) and mention Sean's list (wap.*, m.*, ...) as examples
14:28:17 [andrews]
francois: We can not come up with a comprehensive list of URI patterns that would indicate a mobile aware site.
14:28:56 [SeanP]
+1
14:28:57 [andrews]
...suggest that we just site this as ah heuristic and give examples
14:28:59 [francois]
+1
14:29:06 [rob]
+1
14:29:06 [andrews]
+1
14:29:12 [Pontus2]
+1
14:30:17 [francois]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Mention examination of URIs in the list of heuristics in 4.4 (transformation of the response) and mention Sean's list (wap.*, m.*, ...) as examples
14:30:24 [andrews]
RESOLUTION: Mention examination of URIs in the list of heuristics in 4.4 (transformation of the response) and mention Sean's list (wap.*, m.*, ...) as examples
14:30:31 [francois]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Mention examination of URIs as a bullet point in 4.1.2 (transformation of the request) to complete the list "the proxy SHOULD analyze whether it intends to offer transformation services by referring to [...]".
14:30:43 [andrews]
s/Sean/SeanP/
14:31:55 [SeanP]
q+
14:32:01 [francois]
ack SeanP
14:32:43 [andrews]
SeanP: Should say this in the request section.
14:33:44 [andrews]
francois: URI is one of the only indicators of mobile content at request time.
14:35:32 [francois]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Mention examination of URIs also in 4.1.2 (transformation of the request) to complete the list after "the proxy SHOULD analyze whether it intends to offer transformation services by referring to:".
14:35:42 [francois]
+1
14:35:51 [SeanP]
+1
14:35:53 [andrews]
+1
14:35:58 [rob]
+1
14:36:05 [andrews]
RESOLUTION: Mention examination of URIs also in 4.1.2 (transformation of the request) to complete the list after "the proxy SHOULD analyze whether it intends to offer transformation services by referring to:".
14:37:52 [SeanP]
q+
14:38:25 [andrews]
francois: Aim is to publish guidelines at end June after face-to-face meeting.
14:38:30 [francois]
ack SeanP
14:38:42 [andrews]
SeanP: Dates for face-to-face?
14:39:43 [andrews]
francois: 16, 17, 18 June in SE France
14:40:48 [andrews]
...moving to "last call" indicates that we, the task force, think that we have solved all problems.
14:42:00 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:42:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-bpwg-minutes.html francois
14:42:26 [rob]
rob has left #bpwg
14:43:18 [francois]
i/Pontus2: Part of devices team/Topic: Introducing Pontus/
14:43:20 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:43:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-bpwg-minutes.html francois
14:46:53 [francois]
Regrets+ hgerlach
14:46:55 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:46:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-bpwg-minutes.html francois
14:51:57 [francois]
RRSAgent, bye
14:51:57 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-bpwg-actions.rdf :
14:51:57 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: daoust to summarize the issue that may be raised by sessions [1]
14:51:57 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-bpwg-irc#T14-21-10