IRC log of bpwg on 2008-03-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:34:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #bpwg
09:34:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to
09:34:33 [drooks]
drooks has joined #bpwg
09:34:48 [drooks]
zakim, who is on phone
09:34:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on phone', drooks
09:35:11 [francois]
trackbot-ng, start telcon
09:35:13 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:35:15 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be BPWG
09:35:15 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng, I see MWI_BPWG(BPPRO)4:30AM already started
09:35:16 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference
09:35:16 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 05 March 2008
09:35:59 [Kai]
zakim, who is here?
09:35:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Dave, ??P4, ??P5
09:36:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see drooks, RRSAgent, Zakim, Kai, alan, francois, kemp|plex, trackbot-ng, dom
09:36:27 [Zakim]
09:36:35 [Zakim]
+ +0788776aaaa
09:36:45 [Kai]
Zakim, aaaa is Phil
09:36:46 [Zakim]
+Phil; got it
09:36:48 [drooks]
zakim, ??P5 is drooks
09:36:48 [Zakim]
+drooks; got it
09:37:21 [Zakim]
09:37:52 [Kai]
zakim, p5 is Kai
09:37:52 [Zakim]
sorry, Kai, I do not recognize a party named 'p5'
09:37:52 [drooks]
zakin, drooks is really kai
09:38:06 [Kai]
Zakim, drooks is Kai
09:38:06 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
09:38:16 [Kai]
Zakim, Dave is drooks
09:38:16 [Zakim]
+drooks; got it
09:38:17 [Zakim]
09:39:07 [Kai]
ScibeNick: Kai
09:39:21 [Kai]
Topic: Feedback from TF about the Test Document
09:39:24 [PhilA]
PhilA has joined #bpwg
09:40:16 [Kai]
Dave: I like it
09:40:18 [Zakim]
09:40:47 [Kai]
Alan: Names of the BP Tests are confusing because they are the same as the BP
09:41:26 [Kai] makes it seem as if we are testing for compliance with BP
09:41:56 [Kai]
How would you suggest to change that?
09:42:15 [Kai]
Alan: needs to be clear and easy to see which BP they refer to
09:42:32 [Kai]
They have a link at each test that links to the BP. Is that not enough?
09:42:51 [Kai]
Alan: it's helpful but may be confusing
09:43:09 [Kai]
...we try to cram too much into each test
09:43:56 [PhilA]
09:45:17 [PhilA]
ack ka
09:45:32 [Kai]
ack phil
09:46:13 [Kai]
Phil: There was a lot of discussion about that the BP could be improved. There is no easy answer. We should come up with the best tests we can.
09:46:57 [Kai]
...we could say on top of the document that is intended to improve mobile Web
09:47:22 [Kai]
....there is some disconnection between what we and the BP doc, but that is ok.
09:47:44 [Kai]
...we are going a bit furhter than what BP says. We should allow ourselves to go beyond that.
09:48:10 [Kai]
Alan: I agree but these tests should stand on their own.
09:50:27 [PhilA]
Kai: Originally asked for feedback on the doc
09:50:39 [PhilA]
Kai: I still have to work in the part about the background-images
09:50:50 [PhilA]
Kai: We've heard nothing from the rst of the group
09:51:06 [PhilA]
PhilA: Was it discussed in Seoul?
09:51:09 [PhilA]
kai: Not sure
09:51:59 [PhilA]
PhilA: My guess is that one of the group needs to be sure to take part in the next telecon and ask Jo/Dan to put it on the agenda
09:52:04 [Kai]
ACTION: Kai to ensure that mobileOK Pro Tests doc is put on BPWG agenda
09:52:04 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-704 - Ensure that mobileOK Pro Tests doc is put on BPWG agenda [on Kai Scheppe - due 2008-03-12].
09:52:29 [PhilA]
rrsagent, make logs public-visible
09:52:52 [PhilA]
Topic: Issues and Actions
09:54:02 [PhilA]
09:54:32 [PhilA]
PhilA: This was last year
09:55:12 [PhilA]
PhilA:; My belief is that this is partyially testable. Alan?
09:55:28 [PhilA]
Alan: Yes, it's testable but not reproducible as it's open to interpretation
09:55:39 [PhilA]
Alan: The range of devices bit is very difficult
09:55:58 [PhilA]
Kai: It's not in the doc, was that an oversight?
09:56:10 [PhilA]
Alan: It's easy to test it's just hard to come up with a benchmark
09:56:17 [PhilA]
Kai: It's a matter of definition
09:56:22 [PhilA]
Kai: What actually is TC?
09:56:47 [PhilA]
Kai: To me, in simple terms, changing layout, the idea of what it is about shouldn't change
09:57:05 [PhilA]
kai: If it's about shoes on a desktop, it's about shows on a mobile
09:57:26 [Kai]
09:58:54 [Kai]
Phil: I could envision child porn being shown on a mobile but clean content on a I see it as important.
09:59:12 [Kai]
...consitency can also be based on the device making the request.
10:00:12 [PhilA]
Kai; We have TC on 2 levels - one is the theme, and the other is on the device context
10:00:27 [PhilA]
Kai: It comes down to the end user not being given content s/he didn't expect or want
10:00:40 [PhilA]
action: Phil to create examples for Thematic Consistency
10:00:40 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-705 - Create examples for Thematic Consistency [on Phil Archer - due 2008-03-12].
10:00:47 [PhilA]
rrsagent, draft minutes
10:00:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate PhilA
10:01:20 [PhilA]
Kai: Can everyone look at the actions and set to pending please?
10:01:27 [PhilA]
action on everyone...
10:01:36 [Zakim]
10:01:37 [Zakim]
10:01:43 [Zakim]
10:01:45 [PhilA]
rrsagent, generate minutes
10:01:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate PhilA
10:02:00 [PhilA]
Chair: Kai
10:02:13 [Zakim]
10:02:14 [Zakim]
MWI_BPWG(BPPRO)4:30AM has ended
10:02:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0788776aaaa, Phil, Kai, drooks, alan, Phil_Archer
10:02:18 [PhilA]
Present: Kai, Alan, Dave, Phil
10:02:46 [PhilA]
present- aaa
10:02:49 [Kai]
Regrets: Dan
10:02:52 [PhilA]
10:03:03 [PhilA]
rrsagent, generate minutes
10:03:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate PhilA
10:03:24 [Kai]
RRSAgent, make logs public #bpwg
10:03:24 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make logs public #bpwg', Kai. Try /msg RRSAgent help
10:03:32 [PhilA]
regrets- DanA
10:04:10 [PhilA]
Meeting: MobileOK Pro Task Force
10:04:19 [PhilA]
rrsagent, generate minutes
10:04:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate PhilA
10:05:15 [Kai]
zakim, bye
10:05:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #bpwg
10:05:37 [Kai]
rrsagent, bye
10:05:37 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in :
10:05:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to ensure that mobileOK Pro Tests doc is put on BPWG agenda [1]
10:05:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
10:05:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Phil to create examples for Thematic Consistency [2]
10:05:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in