Last modified on 11 June 2009, at 11:23
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
<MartinD> PRESENT: MartinD, zimmer, Ivan, IanH, MarkusK_, Sandro, baojie, bcuencagrau, pfps, Rinke, Zhe, msmith, Achille, christine <MartinD> CHAIR: IanH <MartinD> REGRETS: Michael_Schneider 16:41:24 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #owl 16:41:24 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-owl-irc 16:41:37 <MartinD> ScribeNick: MartinD 16:42:53 <MartinD> MartinD has joined #OWL 16:43:02 <Zakim> Zakim has left #owl 16:48:37 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #owl 16:48:41 <sandro> zakim, this will be owl 16:48:41 <Zakim> ok, sandro; I see SW_OWL()1:00PM scheduled to start in 12 minutes 16:49:20 <MartinD> RRSagent, make records public 16:49:53 <ivan> ivan has joined #owl 16:50:20 <zimmer> zimmer has joined #owl 16:54:44 <Zakim> SW_OWL()1:00PM has now started 16:54:51 <Zakim> + +0190827aaaa 16:55:00 <MartinD> Zakim, aaaa is me 16:55:00 <Zakim> +MartinD; got it 16:56:51 <Zakim> + +03539149aabb 16:57:01 <zimmer> Zakim, +03539149aabb is me 16:57:01 <Zakim> +zimmer; got it 16:57:23 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip 16:57:23 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made 16:57:25 <Zakim> +Ivan 16:57:42 <Zakim> +IanH 16:58:08 <MarkusK_> MarkusK_ has joined #owl 16:58:24 <IanH> RRSAgent, make records public 16:58:36 <Zakim> +??P4 16:58:39 <IanH> IanH has changed the topic to: http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Teleconference.2009.06.10/Agenda 16:59:24 <IanH> I see Martin did all the set up stuff already -- thanks! 17:00:02 <Rinke> Rinke has joined #owl 17:00:21 <MartinD> zakim, mute me 17:00:21 <Zakim> MartinD should now be muted 17:00:26 <Zakim> +Sandro 17:00:31 <Zakim> +baojie 17:00:41 <bcuencagrau> bcuencagrau has joined #owl 17:00:59 <baojie> baojie has joined #owl 17:01:21 <Zakim> +bglimm 17:01:29 <bcuencagrau> Zakim, bglimm is bcuencagrau 17:01:29 <Zakim> +bcuencagrau; got it 17:01:34 <bcuencagrau> Zakim, mute me 17:01:34 <Zakim> bcuencagrau should now be muted 17:01:47 <MartinD> topic: Admin matters 17:01:53 <IanH> zakim, who is here? 17:01:53 <Zakim> On the phone I see MartinD (muted), zimmer, Ivan, IanH, MarkusK_, Sandro, baojie, bcuencagrau (muted) 17:01:55 <Zakim> On IRC I see baojie, bcuencagrau, Rinke, MarkusK_, zimmer, ivan, Zakim, MartinD, IanH, RRSAgent, sandro, trackbot 17:02:09 <MartinD> IanH: any agenda amendments? 17:02:19 <Zakim> +pfps 17:02:21 <Zakim> + +2 17:02:23 <IanH> q? 17:02:26 <MartinD> IanH: I saw the previous minutes need some cleanup 17:02:27 <Rinke> zakim, +2 is me 17:02:27 <Zakim> +Rinke; got it 17:02:32 <Rinke> zakim, mute me 17:02:32 <Zakim> Rinke should now be muted 17:03:08 <pfps> pfps has joined #owl 17:03:08 <MartinD> ... minutes cannot be accepted in their current shape, I will talk to Bijan 17:03:39 <MartinD> subtopic: Action items status 17:03:48 <MartinD> IanH: both items were completed 17:03:40 <pfps> they're done 17:04:00 <pfps> ... at least, they *better* be done! 17:04:00 <MartinD> IanH: no overdue actions, let's move on 17:04:10 <MartinD> topic: Status of the OWL WG documents 17:04:19 <MartinD> subtopic: Plain literals spec 17:04:36 <pfps> we hope everything holds together 17:04:53 <MartinD> IanH: thanks goes to Sandro and Peter to make sure things were wrapped up and look good 17:05:17 <MartinD> ... there is a formal vote on the exit criteria 17:06:07 <MartinD> ... this needs to be updated, as the problem with rdf:text, now rdf:PlainLiteral, is no longer there 17:06:08 <Zhe> Zhe has joined #owl 17:06:35 <Zakim> +Zhe 17:06:39 <IanH> q? 17:06:45 <MartinD> Sandro: I don't think we need to do anything like implementation of literals; it's mostly about referencing 17:06:46 <msmith> msmith has joined #owl 17:06:51 <MartinD> IanH: any other comments? see also http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/CR_Exit_Criteria for general information on exit criteria 17:07:04 <MartinD> subtopic: Status report on the publication drafts 17:07:12 <MartinD> IanH: all in good shape 17:07:25 <MartinD> Sandro: yes, they are all in good shape 17:07:33 <Zakim> +msmith1 17:07:54 <Achille> Achille has joined #owl 17:08:01 <MartinD> IanH: I sent an email and people responded, pointers associated with people/editors are mixed, some point to homepage, some to OWL wiki... 17:08:03 <Zakim> +[IBM] 17:08:24 <MartinD> ... please check what URL is associated with your name if you are an editor, whether it's the right one 17:08:45 <MartinD> subtopic: Transition to CR (Candidate Recommendation) 17:09:06 <MartinD> IanH: the status is that all things are "go"... got approval from the director today 17:09:25 <MartinD> IanH: congratulations to everyone 17:09:44 <MartinD> Sandro: we can be optimistic that we would have it formally online in the next few days 17:10:14 <MartinD> IanH: still a few minor hurdles, most administrative... it's likely to appear tomorrow or in a few days 17:10:33 <MartinD> ... big thanks to Sandro for working on getting the docs out as early as tomorrow 17:10:51 <MartinD> Sandro: and also thanks to all those contributing to the work 17:11:17 <MartinD> subtopic: Transition to LC (Last Call) 17:11:22 <Achille> Achille has joined #owl 17:11:25 <christine> christine has joined #owl 17:11:31 <MartinD> IanH: status is also good, docs are planned to go out shortly... 17:11:34 <Achille> zakim, ibm is me 17:11:34 <Zakim> +Achille; got it 17:11:39 <IanH> q? 17:12:13 <pfps> not a serious problem 17:12:17 <Zakim> +??P14 17:12:27 <MartinD> Sandro: my script doesn't know about notes, not sure how to publish syntax doc - as a note? but it's not a big issue at the moment 17:12:37 <christine> zakim, ??P14 is me 17:12:37 <Zakim> +christine; got it 17:12:41 <IanH> q? 17:12:45 <MartinD> ... more work needs to be done on this 17:12:59 <MartinD> IanH: we can focus on other things that need to be done in the near future 17:13:04 <MartinD> TOPIC: Issues/comments 17:13:22 <MartinD> IanH: a few issues still trailing, partly queries from the review process 17:13:54 <MartinD> IanH: first, comment from Benjamin on RL profile ( http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/LC2_Responses/BG1 ) 17:14:02 <IanH> q? 17:14:04 <pfps> q+ 17:14:10 <IanH> ack pfps 17:14:10 <MartinD> ... do we want to raise this into an issue form or ? 17:14:49 <MartinD> pfps: some changes he suggests go in less desirable direction, we made some changes for him, he was 'minimally' satisfied with those 17:15:23 <MartinD> IanH: I think I added both those references at the end, we can certainly use the alternative references as he suggests, would hurt the content 17:15:25 <pfps> the more references the merrier :-) 17:15:46 <pfps> that might be a minimal response 17:15:50 <MartinD> ... not yet there, but can be done, is this sufficient? 17:15:55 <Zhe> sounds good 17:16:27 <MartinD> ... ok, I will make that amendment and go back to Benjamin - if this satisfies his comment without deeper changes, good; if not, let's see what can be done 17:16:51 <MartinD> IanH: next, Michael's question on forest-like anonymous individuals 17:16:57 <IanH> q? 17:17:10 <MartinD> ... the syntax wasn't clear on this, did editors have chance to look at this? 17:17:28 <MartinD> pfps: we may need to do an update on that explanation, it was slightly ambiguous 17:17:38 <MartinD> IanH: esp. unclear wrt. roles 17:17:54 <MartinD> pfps: Ian to liase with Boris to get this fixed 17:18:17 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - IanH 17:18:32 <MartinD> ACTION: Ian to ask Boris to make a relevant editorial change in the syntax document to address Michael's points 17:18:32 <trackbot> Created ACTION-341 - Ask Boris to make a relevant editorial change in the syntax document to address Michael's points [on Ian Horrocks - due 2009-06-17]. 17:19:01 <MartinD> Ian: I should also take formal action on Benjamin's comment 17:19:23 <IanH> ACTION: Ian to add extra reference and check with Benjamin if this satisfies his requirements 17:19:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-342 - Add extra reference and check with Benjamin if this satisfies his requirements [on Ian Horrocks - due 2009-06-17]. 17:19:57 <MartinD> Ian: the last thing was Alan's comment on abbreviation form of literals, did Peter respond to this? 17:20:16 <MartinD> Peter: this has been done, part of a previous action point 17:20:17 <msmith> Boris's edits to syntax were very helpful for these literals 17:20:28 <MartinD> Ian: any other points to be discussed? 17:20:48 <MartinD> Peter: can we make a comment about references? making them more uniform, etc? 17:21:04 <MartinD> ... at some point we would need to do some cleanup and make them more uniform 17:21:32 <MartinD> ... some macros are already fairly uniform, but references from text look ugly 17:21:52 <MartinD> Ian: I agree, some of them don't help with reading the text 17:22:18 <MartinD> ... since it's mostly done manually, almost every of these references needs to changed by hand 17:22:47 <MartinD> Sandro: maybe we can replace them by macros, at the point of going through... 17:22:56 <MartinD> Ian: do we want to record this as an issue? 17:24:22 <MartinD> Ian: I take the action on me to discuss this unification with the editors of the documents to see if they are willing to do anything with it 17:24:30 <IanH> ACTION: Ian to discuss with editors the possibility of improving the citation style 17:24:30 <trackbot> Created ACTION-343 - Discuss with editors the possibility of improving the citation style [on Ian Horrocks - due 2009-06-17]. 17:25:02 <MartinD> Ian: this is not exactly urgent, but let's have it recorded, any other issues? 17:25:08 <MartinD> TOPIC: Implementation and testing 17:25:10 <msmith> q+ 17:25:17 <MartinD> Ian: not much to say on this? 17:25:17 <IanH> ack msmith 17:25:44 <ivan> q+ 17:25:49 <MartinD> Mike: nothing to discuss, but I expect to have the queue of test cases down to zero next week... 17:26:05 <MartinD> Ian: if tests are approved, do you think we have sufficient coverage? 17:26:07 <IanH> q? 17:26:29 <MartinD> Mike: it would be nice if we had... I guess there should be enough coverage 17:26:36 <IanH> ack ivan 17:26:43 <MartinD> ... enough for syntactic items, tests should be sufficient 17:27:04 <IanH> q? 17:27:06 <MartinD> Ivan: do the upcoming tests include those that Michael prepared? I look a while ago and some are still empty 17:27:48 <MartinD> ... we have a tight schedule, we don't have tests for some aspects... they were promised, but when do we expect them to happen? 17:28:03 <MartinD> Ian: I will clarify this by email... 17:28:04 <MartinD> ... Mike is getting through them pretty quickly 17:28:05 <msmith> yes 17:28:15 <MarkusK_> Michael already was looking at uploading his tests recently, and had some very concrete technical questions; I assume they could be ready rather soon 17:28:29 <IanH> q? 17:28:54 <MartinD> Ivan: next Ian and me should see potential testers for RL, so it's important 17:29:08 <MartinD> Ian: I will communicate with Michael to accelerate this upload 17:29:28 <msmith> I heard from Dmitry, and he was asking about submitting FaCT++ results 17:29:29 <MartinD> Ian: I heard from Uli that Italian people ran the tests and will be submitting their results shortly 17:30:28 <MartinD> Ian: everyone who is an implementer or if you know implementers, please, submit results, it's straightforward 17:30:40 <IanH> q? 17:30:43 <MartinD> ... talk to us how to make the upload even easier (if necessary) 17:31:12 <Zhe> zakim, mute me 17:31:12 <Zakim> Zhe should now be muted 17:31:22 <msmith> this link I think http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Test_Running_Guide 17:31:27 <MartinD> Ivan: would it be possible to put all the necessary links for the tests on the web page? now there are only test results, but the other links should be equally prominent on the homepage 17:31:48 <MartinD> Ian: anything else on implementation and/or testing? 17:32:11 <MartinD> ... I heard the progress was made with OWL API, there is a new version, fully OWL2 compliant - good news 17:32:36 <pfps> q+ 17:32:40 <IanH> q? 17:32:41 <MartinD> TOPIC: Features "at risk" 17:32:44 <IanH> ack pfps 17:33:11 <MartinD> Peter: it might be good idea to have the implementation reports on the at-risk features... 17:33:17 <IanH> q? 17:33:24 <MartinD> Ian: we already have the implementation of at least one - hermit almost done 17:33:32 <MartinD> ... who would be the other candidate? 17:33:43 <MartinD> Peter: Fact++ or maybe Pellet? 17:34:09 <MartinD> Ian: would this include both 'rational' and 'literal' support? 17:34:26 <IanH> q? 17:34:31 <MartinD> ... is there a plan to implement this in Pellet? 17:34:48 <MartinD> Mike: yes, we are actively working on this... it's a possibility... 17:35:02 <MartinD> ... unlikely to have it done in the main release of Pellet 17:35:18 <MartinD> Ian: maybe even a preliminary report about a beta implementation might be good? 17:35:24 <MartinD> Mike: working on it... 17:35:25 <msmith> yes. 17:35:38 <christine> christine has joined #owl 17:35:50 <IanH> q? 17:35:53 <ivan> q+ 17:35:55 <MartinD> Ian: this section is just a reminder to keep us thinking about the implementation points 17:35:57 <IanH> ack ivan 17:36:03 <MartinD> Ian: Any other business? 17:36:21 <MartinD> Ivan: now that we are going to the CR phase, do we need weekly telecons? 17:36:37 <MartinD> Ian: judging from this week's agenda, it looks thin. 17:36:41 <IanH> q? 17:36:48 <ivan> q+ 17:36:53 <IanH> ack ivan 17:36:54 <MartinD> ... we will inquire on email what people want to do about this 17:37:01 <IanH> q? 17:37:02 <MartinD> ... possibility to go bi-weekly? 17:37:07 <IanH> q? 17:37:10 <IanH> ack ? 17:37:32 <MartinD> Ivan: bi-weekly would be alright, but we should still keep the time allocated for every week at this time, just in case something arises 17:37:48 <MartinD> Ian: anybody feels strongly about weekly telecons? 17:38:20 <MartinD> ... I will send an email round to suggest moving from weekly schedule to a bi-weekly one 17:38:40 <Rinke> omit: thanks, congrats and bye! 17:38:42 <Zakim> -msmith 17:38:42 <Zhe> omit: bye 17:38:42 <MartinD> Ian: if no other business, thanks to Martin for scribing and thanks to all for the transition to CR! 17:38:44 <Zakim> -Ivan 17:38:45 <Zakim> -Achille 17:38:46 <Zakim> -zimmer 17:38:47 <Zakim> -MarkusK_ 17:38:47 <Zakim> -Zhe 17:38:49 <Zakim> -baojie 17:38:49 <Zakim> -IanH 17:38:50 <Zakim> -Rinke 17:38:51 <Zakim> -Sandro 17:38:52 <MartinD> ... telco concluded 17:38:53 <Zakim> -pfps 17:38:55 <Zakim> -christine 17:39:01 <Zakim> -bcuencagrau 17:39:02 <Zakim> -MartinD 17:39:04 <Zakim> SW_OWL()1:00PM has ended 17:39:08 <Zakim> Attendees were +0190827aaaa, MartinD, zimmer, Ivan, IanH, MarkusK_, Sandro, baojie, bcuencagrau, pfps, Rinke, Zhe, msmith, Achille, christine 17:47:53 <msmith> msmith has left #owl # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000245