IRC log of rdfa on 2007-04-23

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:58:40 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
12:58:40 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:58:41 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #rdfa
12:58:47 [Steven]
zakim, this will be rdfa
12:58:47 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; I see SW_SWD(RDFa)9:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
12:58:57 [Steven]
rrsagent, make log public
12:59:25 [benadida]
benadida has joined #rdfa
12:59:59 [Zakim]
SW_SWD(RDFa)9:00AM has now started
13:00:05 [Zakim]
13:00:06 [wing]
wing has joined #rdfa
13:00:12 [Steven]
zakim, dial steven-617
13:00:12 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; the call is being made
13:00:13 [Zakim]
13:00:20 [markbirbeck]
markbirbeck has joined #rdfa
13:00:22 [Zakim]
13:00:32 [wing]
zakim, IBMCambridge is wing
13:00:32 [Zakim]
+wing; got it
13:00:44 [Simone]
Simone has joined #rdfa
13:00:54 [Zakim]
+ +043316876aaaa
13:01:04 [mhausenblas]
zakim, aaaa is me
13:01:04 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
13:01:56 [mhausenblas]
zakim, who is here?
13:01:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ben_Adida, Steven, wing, mhausenblas
13:01:57 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Simone, markbirbeck, wing, benadida, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, Zakim, Steven, FabienG, ShaneM
13:02:07 [Zakim]
13:02:19 [ShaneM]
zakim, ??p4 is ShaneM
13:02:19 [Zakim]
+ShaneM; got it
13:03:47 [benadida]
zakim, pick a victim
13:03:47 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Ben_Adida
13:03:56 [benadida]
zakim, pick a victim
13:03:56 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose ShaneM
13:03:58 [Simone]
Zakim, passcode
13:03:58 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'passcode', Simone
13:04:05 [Steven]
Scribe Steven
13:04:09 [Steven]
Scribe: Steven
13:04:10 [Simone]
Zakim, code please?
13:04:10 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7332 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), Simone
13:04:25 [Steven]
Meeting: RDFa Weekly Teleconference
13:04:28 [Steven]
Chair: Ben
13:04:40 [Steven]
13:05:03 [Zakim]
13:05:10 [Steven]
Topic: Actions
13:05:16 [Simone]
Zakim, P6 is me
13:05:16 [Zakim]
sorry, Simone, I do not recognize a party named 'P6'
13:05:25 [Simone]
Zakim, ??P6 is me
13:05:25 [Zakim]
+Simone; got it
13:05:31 [Steven]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to ask W3C about XML-DTD validation [recorded in]
13:05:35 [Steven]
-- Ongoing
13:06:12 [Zakim]
13:06:38 [Steven]
Ben: My action is "why doesn't W3C Validator accept xmlns?"
13:06:47 [mhausenblas]
13:06:55 [mhausenblas]
13:06:58 [Steven]
mh: The test case above validates
13:07:10 [Steven]
... at W3C
13:07:42 [Zakim]
13:08:00 [Steven]
Ben: I think this will scare people away using the internal subset
13:08:31 [Steven]
mh: It is just to get it to validate
13:08:41 [Steven]
Ben: I am very worried doing it this way
13:08:49 [markbirbeck]
13:09:13 [Steven]
13:09:22 [Steven]
Mark: Let's table this for another week
13:09:43 [Steven]
... I chatted with Shane, who had chatted with Steven, and I think there is a solution emrging
13:09:50 [Steven]
13:10:01 [Steven]
... let's put it properly add it to the agenda
13:10:21 [Steven]
Ben: I'll put it on the agenda in 2 weeks
13:10:30 [Steven]
... when I am back from my move
13:11:06 [Steven]
Steven: I saw that this had been added as a bug on the validator bug system
13:11:11 [Steven]
Topic: Test cases
13:11:25 [mhausenblas]
13:11:45 [Steven]
mh: Look at the test suite, you'll see the partitioning has been done
13:11:56 [Steven]
... there is a question of the correct format for XHTML 1.1
13:12:04 [Steven]
... extension, namespaces etc.
13:12:22 [Steven]
... we need to decide that
13:12:41 [Steven]
Ben: Once you have an answer, it will be straight-forward to go with it
13:12:46 [Steven]
mh: Yes
13:13:33 [Steven]
Ben: I must check the bookmarklet on the latest test cases
13:13:35 [Steven]
... next week
13:13:49 [Steven]
... you got feedback from Fabien?
13:14:24 [Steven]
mh: Yes
13:15:37 [Steven]
Ben: Can you proceed?
13:15:49 [Steven]
mh: We can do the core set
13:15:51 [Steven]
13:16:17 [Steven]
ack mark
13:17:30 [benadida]
Steven: W3C urls are supposed to be opaque
13:17:34 [benadida]
... no extension
13:17:39 [benadida]
... extension and mime type are orthogonal
13:17:55 [benadida]
... if we name it .html but override mime type with .htaccess, it will work in IE
13:19:00 [benadida]
PROPOSE: that we prepare the XHTML1.1 TCs by ignoring the xmlns validation issues for now
13:19:07 [mhausenblas]
13:20:31 [Steven]
Simone: Other markup languages have similar problems to us
13:20:39 [Steven]
... the validator will fix it
13:20:46 [Steven]
... I think this is a correct approach
13:21:11 [Zakim]
13:21:25 [EliasT]
EliasT has joined #rdfa
13:22:15 [Steven]
13:22:25 [EliasT]
Zakim, mute me
13:22:25 [Zakim]
Elias_Torres should now be muted
13:22:32 [EliasT]
Zakim, Elias_Torres is me
13:22:32 [Zakim]
+EliasT; got it
13:23:21 [benadida]
RESOLVED: that we prepare the XHTML1.1 TCs by ignoring the xmlns validation issues for now
13:23:25 [Steven]
Ben: Any opposition or abstention?
13:23:28 [Simone]
13:23:28 [Steven]
13:23:41 [Steven]
RESOLVED: that we prepare the XHTML1.1 TCs by ignoring the xmlns validation issues for now
13:24:09 [Steven]
PROPOSAL: use the suffic .html on the files and serve as application/xhtml+xml
13:24:15 [Steven]
13:24:37 [Steven]
Ben: Is this the right thing to do?
13:24:48 [ShaneM]
There is no W3C blessed file suffix.
13:26:06 [Zakim]
13:27:06 [mhausenblas]
-> test input without suffix
13:27:42 [Steven]
That is being served as text/plain
13:27:56 [Steven]
Shane: using a suffix of .html is fine as I am concerned
13:28:43 [Zakim]
13:28:53 [Steven]
Mark: Why isn't content negotiation the right thing?
13:29:18 [Steven]
Steven: Because this solution ius better - it is being served to IE as application/xhtml+xml, and working
13:29:24 [Steven]
13:29:49 [Steven]
Ben: Let's treat this as a separate agenda item
13:30:16 [Steven]
... and discuss on the mailing list
13:30:32 [Steven]
Ben: I have to leave in 8 mins
13:30:44 [Steven]
... most actions are mine
13:31:05 [Steven]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to discuss Primer and Use Cases as Note, Syntax and Test Cases as REC, at SWD WG meeting [recorded in]
13:31:39 [Steven]
Ben: Ralph thinks that the primer needs to be rec track
13:31:41 [Steven]
-- Done
13:31:53 [Steven]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to discuss RDFa Overview as a note [recorded in]
13:31:55 [Steven]
-- DOne
13:32:03 [Steven]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to email list about next week's vote on a resolution regarding CLASS and ROLE attributes and rdf:type. [recorded in]
13:32:07 [Steven]
-- Done
13:32:17 [Steven]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to email the resolution on mime type to the mailing list [recorded in]
13:32:19 [Steven]
-- Done
13:32:32 [Steven]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to flesh out the schedule and present for everyone's approval next week. [recorded in]
13:32:39 [Steven]
-- Continues
13:32:46 [Steven]
NEW] ACTION: Ben to hand over rdfa syntax baton to Steven on 4/23 [recorded in]
13:32:49 [Steven]
-- Done
13:32:57 [Steven]
[NEW] ACTION: MichaelH to do partitioning of TCs, freeze the XHTML1.1+RDFa, and invite implementors to comment. [recorded in]
13:33:00 [Steven]
-- Continues
13:33:12 [Steven]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben start a list of RDF/XML features that are not supported by RDFa [recorded in]
13:33:15 [Steven]
-- Continues
13:33:20 [EliasT]
13:33:30 [Steven]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case [recorded in]
13:33:32 [Steven]
-- Done
13:33:36 [EliasT]
Zakim, please unmute me
13:33:36 [Zakim]
EliasT should no longer be muted
13:33:47 [Steven]
13:33:49 [Steven]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to take a look at to see if issue has been resolved [recorded in]
13:33:54 [Steven]
-- Continues
13:34:04 [Steven]
[PENDING] ACTION: Elias to send email to list with use case from IBM [recorded in]
13:34:08 [Steven]
-- Continues
13:34:18 [Steven]
[PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce more examples of applicability of n-ary relations from IPTC documents [recorded in]
13:34:23 [Steven]
-- Continues
13:34:32 [Steven]
[PENDING] ACTION: MarkB to work rdf:label back into RDFa syntax when using @content [recorded in]
13:34:34 [Steven]
-- COntinues
13:34:40 [Steven]
13:34:48 [Steven]
[PENDING] ACTION: Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with all mime type, etc. [recorded in]
13:34:51 [Steven]
-- Continues
13:35:01 [Steven]
[PENDING] ACTION: Wing add a property to the test case schema for tracking origin and approval of an individual test [recorded in]
13:35:04 [EliasT]
Zakim, mute me
13:35:05 [Zakim]
EliasT should now be muted
13:35:05 [Steven]
-- Continues
13:35:20 [Steven]
Topic: src attribute
13:35:37 [Steven]
Ben: SHane, what is your opinion?
13:35:48 [Steven]
... or are you looking for advice?
13:36:00 [Steven]
13:36:17 [Steven]
s/ ane/ Shane/
13:36:34 [Zakim]
13:36:41 [Steven]
Shane: Well, looking for group opinion
13:36:54 [Steven]
Ben: One approach is to treat it like href
13:36:57 [Steven]
13:37:17 [Steven]
Mark: The element name already gives some clue
13:37:29 [Steven]
... so it is different from href
13:38:03 [Steven]
... I have another proposal that I haven't yet written up about @cvlass being a predicate
13:38:11 [Steven]
13:38:34 [Steven]
Ben: The element type doesn't really work for me
13:39:01 [Steven]
Mark: The predicate may end up in the wrong place
13:39:14 [Steven]
... (working this out on the fly)
13:39:32 [Steven]
... if you want foaf:depiction
13:40:00 [EliasT]
example please?
13:40:01 [Steven]
Ben: I can see how you would use @class for a type on the image, and rel for the relationship with the document
13:40:11 [Steven]
13:40:34 [Steven]
Ben: Can you write this up this week?
13:40:36 [Steven]
Mark: Yes
13:40:44 [benadida]
ACTION: Mark to write up a consistent story on the @SRC attribute
13:41:13 [Steven]
Steven: XHTML2 has src and href on the same element in some cases
13:41:19 [Steven]
... so we have to watch out
13:41:46 [Steven]
Mark: Still we want to be able to use the src as a source of a URI
13:41:56 [Steven]
Ben: I have to go
13:42:12 [Steven]
... you can discuss src and role if you want
13:42:18 [benadida]
ACTION: Ben to schedule new telecon time starting May 7
13:42:30 [FabienG]
zakim, who is here?
13:42:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ben_Adida, Steven, wing, ShaneM, Simone, Mark_Birbeck, EliasT (muted), FabienG
13:42:32 [Steven]
... and will schedule a new teleconference time
13:42:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see EliasT, Simone, markbirbeck, wing, benadida, mhausenblas, RRSAgent, Zakim, Steven, FabienG, ShaneM
13:42:36 [Steven]
13:43:09 [Zakim]
13:43:15 [Steven]
Steven: I propose we do the rest of the discussion on email, so you Ben can be involved
13:43:21 [Steven]
Ben: OK, in that case, adjourn
13:43:29 [Zakim]
13:43:29 [Zakim]
13:43:30 [Zakim]
13:43:30 [Zakim]
13:43:32 [Zakim]
13:43:33 [Zakim]
13:43:42 [Zakim]
13:43:44 [Zakim]
SW_SWD(RDFa)9:00AM has ended
13:43:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ben_Adida, Steven, wing, +043316876aaaa, mhausenblas, ShaneM, Simone, Mark_Birbeck, FabienG, EliasT
13:43:50 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:43:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Steven
13:43:52 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has left #rdfa
13:43:57 [wing]
wing has left #rdfa
13:44:08 [EliasT]
EliasT has left #rdfa
13:50:40 [Steven]
Michael, the syntax for a URI in the irc channel is:
13:50:47 [Steven]
-> uri text text text
13:51:00 [Steven]
otherwise it vanishes in the minutes
13:51:06 [Steven]
13:51:09 [Steven]
he's gone
14:03:23 [Steven]
rrsagent, bye
14:03:23 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in :
14:03:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Mark to write up a consistent story on the @SRC attribute [1]
14:03:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
14:03:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to schedule new telecon time starting May 7 [2]
14:03:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in