IRC log of dawg on 2006-04-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:29:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dawg
14:29:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2006/04/04-dawg-irc
14:30:20 [DanC]
agenda + Convene
14:30:26 [DanC]
agenda + DESCRIBE issue
14:30:33 [DanC]
agenda + Toward CR
14:30:40 [DanC]
agenda + JSON results format
14:30:47 [DanC]
agenda + test suite maintenance
14:30:54 [DanC]
agenda + MIME type registrations
14:31:02 [DanC]
agenda + UC&R end-game
14:31:06 [Sven_Groppe]
Sven_Groppe has joined #dawg
14:31:07 [DanC]
Zakim, this is dawg
14:31:07 [Zakim]
ok, DanC; that matches SW_DAWG()10:30AM
14:31:16 [Zakim]
+DanC
14:31:38 [DanC]
Zakim, take up item 1
14:31:38 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene" taken up [from DanC]
14:31:44 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
14:31:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller], Libby_Miller, DanC
14:31:55 [jeen]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is mee
14:31:55 [Zakim]
+mee; got it
14:31:57 [libby]
zakim, mute me
14:31:57 [Zakim]
Libby_Miller should now be muted
14:31:58 [jeen]
er
14:32:00 [jeen]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:32:00 [Zakim]
sorry, jeen, I do not recognize a party named '[IPcaller]'
14:32:06 [jeen]
Zakim, mee is me
14:32:06 [Zakim]
+jeen; got it
14:32:08 [Zakim]
+Elias_Torres
14:32:09 [DanC]
Zakim, mee is jeen
14:32:09 [Zakim]
sorry, DanC, I do not recognize a party named 'mee'
14:32:18 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
14:32:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jeen, Libby_Miller (muted), DanC, Elias_Torres
14:32:32 [EliasT]
Zakim, mute me please
14:32:32 [Zakim]
Elias_Torres should now be muted
14:32:44 [EliasT]
Zakim, Elias_Torres is me
14:32:44 [Zakim]
+EliasT; got it
14:33:01 [Zakim]
+EricP
14:33:02 [DanC]
Regrets: AndyS, Lee Feigenbaum, Souri
14:33:11 [DanC]
Meeting: RDF Data Access
14:33:12 [EliasT]
Jos also sent regrets.
14:33:13 [DanC]
Chair: DanC
14:33:19 [DanC]
Regrets+ JosD
14:33:30 [EliasT]
sorry
14:33:30 [ericP]
Scribe: DanC
14:33:33 [ericP]
Scribe: EricP
14:33:59 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
14:33:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jeen, Libby_Miller (muted), DanC, EliasT (muted), EricP
14:34:09 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:34:21 [SteveH]
Zakim, IPcaller is SteveH
14:34:21 [Zakim]
+SteveH; got it
14:34:26 [SteveH]
Zakim, mute me
14:34:26 [Zakim]
SteveH should now be muted
14:34:31 [Zakim]
+Sven_Groppe
14:34:59 [Zakim]
-Sven_Groppe
14:35:36 [DanC]
Regrets+ Janne Saarela
14:35:56 [Zakim]
+Sven_Groppe
14:36:48 [ericP]
PROPOSED: to approve minutes 28 Mar as a true record
14:36:51 [EliasT]
second
14:36:51 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/att-0532/28-dawg-minutes.html minutes 28 Mar
14:37:02 [ericP]
APPROVED. no abstentions or objections
14:37:18 [ericP]
PROPOSED: to meet again Tue, 11 Apr 14:30Z
14:37:25 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe
14:37:25 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose jeen
14:37:30 [EliasT]
Let's nominate someone who's not here..
14:37:46 [DanC]
tentative regrets 11 apr for Jeen
14:37:47 [DanC]
Zakim, pick a scribe
14:37:48 [libby]
me can scribe but not 100%sure I'll be there :-/
14:37:48 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Libby_Miller (muted)
14:37:51 [libby]
heh
14:38:07 [libby]
yeahput me down
14:38:08 [ericP]
APPROVED. Next meeting Tue, 11 Apr 14:30Z; Libby to scribe
14:38:23 [ericP]
ACTION: SergioT to respond to 2005-09-18T15:02:48Z Peter F. Patel-Schneider. [DONE]
14:38:28 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/20050918.110248.43269866.pfps@research.bell-labs.com PFPS's initial mail
14:38:31 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/A021E7C2-C1AC-452E-8937-428A5F37ACEF@inf.unibz.it SergioT's response
14:38:34 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/20060329.070706.22039557.pfps@research.bell-labs.com PFPS's somewhat reluctant acceptance 29 Mar
14:38:37 [ericP]
action -1
14:38:44 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:38:44 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "DESCRIBE issue" taken up [from DanC]
14:39:22 [DanC]
see http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#describe 1.672
14:40:26 [DanC]
Zakim, who'e on the phone?
14:40:26 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, DanC.
14:40:32 [EliasT]
Zakim, unmute me
14:40:32 [Zakim]
EliasT should no longer be muted
14:40:33 [DanC]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
14:40:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jeen, Libby_Miller (muted), DanC, EliasT, EricP, SteveH (muted), Sven_Groppe
14:40:37 [SteveH]
Zakim, unmute me
14:40:37 [Zakim]
SteveH should no longer be muted
14:40:52 [ericP]
[around the table on DESCRIBE]
14:41:03 [libby]
sorry, what's the best link?
14:41:07 [ericP]
jeen: current text seems fine to me
14:41:09 [EliasT]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#describe
14:41:14 [DanC]
PROPOSED: postpone DESCRIBE for reasons given in PatH's message, with text per http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#describe 1.672
14:42:20 [libby]
just looking
14:42:21 [DanC]
ack libby
14:42:24 [libby]
zakim, unmute me
14:42:24 [Zakim]
Libby_Miller was not muted, libby
14:42:56 [ericP]
libby: asemantics wanted to keep DESCRIBE in. current text is acceptable
14:42:56 [libby]
zakim, mute me
14:42:56 [Zakim]
Libby_Miller should now be muted
14:43:07 [ericP]
DanC: am content with this proposal
14:43:27 [ericP]
EliasT: text is ok. liked some of Bijan's points
14:43:55 [DanC]
ack steveh
14:44:01 [ericP]
ericP: am happy with current text
14:44:19 [ericP]
SteveH: worried about incompatible implementations but not all that bothered
14:44:26 [EliasT]
DESCRIBE is currently not constrained at all.
14:44:27 [SteveH]
Zakim, mute me
14:44:27 [Zakim]
SteveH should now be muted
14:44:31 [ericP]
Sven_Groppe: It's OK
14:45:15 [DanC]
"This definition intentionally does not prescribe the nature of the relevant information."
14:45:55 [ericP]
EliasT: the RDF graph is not constrained
14:46:06 [ericP]
... I'd like that in the red text
14:46:27 [DanC]
"Current conventions for DESCRIBE return an RDF graph that is not constrained at all."
14:46:43 [DanC]
"Current conventions for DESCRIBE return an arbitrary RDF graph."
14:46:46 [jeen]
Zakim, mute me
14:46:46 [Zakim]
jeen should now be muted
14:49:31 [DanC]
"Current conventions for DESCRIBE return an RDF graph without any specified constraints."
14:51:44 [DanC]
PROPOSED: postpone DESCRIBE for reasons given in PatH's message, with text per http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#describe 1.672 + "Current conventions for DESCRIBE return an RDF graph without any specified constraints."
14:51:50 [EliasT]
second
14:52:37 [ericP]
"Current conventions for DESCRIBE return an RDF graph without any specified constraints."
14:52:45 [DanC]
1.674 $ of $Date: 2006/04/04 14:52:22
14:53:01 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0523.html rationale from Hayes
14:53:23 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
14:53:36 [ericP]
APPROVED. no abstentions or objections
14:53:56 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0528.html danc found some describe tests
14:54:09 [DanC]
tests/data/SyntaxDev/Syntax-SPARQL2/syntax-form-describe01.rq stays
14:54:29 [DanC]
is this an approved test? tests/data/extracted-examples/query-10.4.1.rq
14:54:56 [jeen]
Zakim, unmute me
14:54:56 [Zakim]
jeen should no longer be muted
14:55:11 [DanC]
no, it's not approved
14:55:24 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:55:24 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Toward CR" taken up [from DanC]
14:55:43 [ericP]
ACTION: Souri to arrange a phone call with Fred Zemke and interested WG members (Andy + (DanC or EricP)). [DONE]
14:55:46 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/443153AC.1030802@oracle.comnote regrets from Souri
14:55:57 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/443153AC.1030802@oracle.com note regrets from Souri
14:56:02 [ericP]
action -2
14:56:08 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2006Mar/0192.html notes on Oracle coordination, conversation with Fred Z
14:56:51 [DanC]
PROPOSED: to go to CR
14:56:57 [EliasT]
second
14:57:05 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
14:57:31 [DanC]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/crq349 CR request, under evaluation
14:57:41 [DanC]
DanC intends to update w.r.t. Cerebra objections.
14:58:29 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
14:58:31 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "JSON results format" taken up [from DanC]
14:58:39 [ericP]
ACTION: AndyS to review JSON results draft. [DONE]
14:58:40 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/442BD95F.1020304@hp.com AndyS's review
14:59:34 [DanC]
Revision 1.5 2006/03/30 17:39:30 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/json-sparql/
14:59:38 [ericP]
EliasT, I think KendallC has checked in everything.
14:59:43 [ericP]
EliasT: I think KendallC has checked in everything.
15:00:21 [ericP]
PROPOSED: to get around to publishing http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/json-sparql/
15:01:02 [SteveH]
yes
15:01:37 [DanC]
... with any edits agreed by EricP + Elias
15:01:47 [DanC]
so RESOLVED.
15:02:03 [ericP]
no abstentions or objections
15:02:26 [ericP]
ACTION: EricP to publish http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/json-sparql/
15:02:38 [DanC]
no guarantees about timeliness
15:02:40 [ericP]
action -3
15:02:58 [ericP]
action -2
15:03:13 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:03:14 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "test suite maintenance" taken up [from DanC]
15:03:22 [ericP]
ACTION: EricP to work on [2006-02-24T08:45:23Z Olivier Corby], potentially automating examples2tests progress, [DONE]
15:03:25 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/43FEC7A3.6040703@sophia.inria.fr 2006-02-24T08:45:23Z Olivier Corby
15:03:28 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/20060323163316.GW412@w3.org EricP's announcement
15:03:29 [ericP]
action -5
15:03:32 [Sven_Groppe]
must leave because of Kindergarten opening times...
15:03:38 [Zakim]
-Sven_Groppe
15:03:48 [DanC]
enjoy, Sven
15:04:07 [Sven_Groppe]
Sven_Groppe has left #dawg
15:04:09 [ericP]
jeen: results for queries with OPITONALs are incorrectly coded
15:05:01 [DanC]
(yay! peer programming!)
15:05:19 [ericP]
ACTION: EricP and Jeen to fix OPTIONAL coding
15:05:58 [DanC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2006JanMar/0472.html andy's offset tests
15:06:06 [ericP]
ACTION: AndyS conjure some LIMIT/OFFSET tests. [DONE]
15:06:07 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/44210293.5000605@hp.com announcement
15:06:17 [ericP]
action -7
15:06:59 [ericP]
ACTION: DanC to follow up re optional test based on op:dateTime triple
15:07:29 [ericP]
[CONTINUED]
15:07:40 [DanC]
Zakim, next item
15:07:41 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "MIME type registrations" taken up [from DanC]
15:07:54 [ericP]
ACTION EricP: to follow up on mime type requests (2Mar)
15:07:54 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/20060309080030.GR412@w3.org [Last Call] Registration of media type application/sparql-results+xml
15:07:57 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/20060309080507.GS412@w3.org [Last Call] Registration of media type application/sparql-query
15:08:00 [ericP]
-> http://www.w3.org/mid/20060309013957.F70758@skutsje.san.webweaving.org Dirk-Willem's response
15:08:52 [DanC]
"This has not been reviewed or approved by the RDF Data Access Working Group." -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#mediaType
15:09:46 [DanC]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#queryMimeType resolved in 2005-07-26 telcon
15:12:46 [ericP]
ACTION: EricP to respond to http://www.w3.org/mid/20060309013957.F70758@skutsje.san.webweaving.org
15:13:06 [Zakim]
-DanC
15:13:14 [DanC]
wtf?
15:13:20 [libby]
yes!
15:13:25 [SteveH]
im here
15:13:27 [libby]
yeah!
15:13:31 [Zakim]
+DanC
15:13:56 [DanC]
uh... my phone is acting up.
15:14:06 [ericP]
agenda?
15:14:11 [DanC]
I guess I move to adjourn, unless somebody wants to take over chairing
15:14:43 [Zakim]
-DanC
15:15:00 [jeen]
ADJOURNED
15:15:01 [EliasT]
MOTION: ADJOURN
15:15:07 [EliasT]
ADJOURN
15:15:08 [DanC]
very well. thanks.
15:15:19 [EliasT]
yes
15:15:35 [SteveH]
bye
15:15:41 [libby]
cheers!
15:15:43 [Zakim]
-SteveH
15:15:48 [Zakim]
-Libby_Miller
15:17:09 [ericP]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/examples-extract.xsl
15:17:41 [EliasT]
RRSAgent, please make logs world-access
15:17:54 [EliasT]
RRSAgent, stop