Final products of this activity's work
|Semantic Sensor Network Ontology||http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ssnx/ssn|
|Wind sensor (WM30)|| http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ssnx/meteo/WM30|
|Agriculture Meteorology Sensor Network|| http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ssnx/meteo/phenonet |
|Sensor Discovery on Linked Data||http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ssnx/weather-station/station|
Sub-parts of the XG report
Included in the Final report:
- Review of Sensor and Observations Ontologies
- Report Work on the SSN ontology (for the ontology deliverable)
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Ontology Structure
- 4.3 Ontology described Module by Module
- 4.4 Additional examples
- 4.4.1 Uni campus <--SSN Uni deployment
- 4.4.2 Kitchen Smart product <--SSN Smart product
- 4.4.3 Hydro/Met (VM30 example) <--SSN Wind Sensor
- 4.4.4 Agriculture Meteorology Sensor Network <-- Agriculture Meteorology Sensor Network
- 4.4.5 Sensor Discovery on Linked Data (Kno.e.sis) <-- Sensor Discovery on Linked Data
- Ontology documentation based on four different examples: links to individual pages listed above
- SSN ontology (last version uploaded to the wiki - not equal to the final version) including the alignment with DOLCE Ultra Lite
- Semi-automatically generated documentation for the SSN ontology
- Review of existing ontologies
Intermediate products of this activity's work
One key issue was the identification of the scope of the SSN ontology. Some information on the intermediate steps leading to the definition of the ontology structure is available from the Ontology modules (rationale) wiki page. An expanded view of how the ontology modules support the four categories of uses cases is also provided.
A complete list of the versions of the SSN ontology and examples published through the public-xg-ssn mailing list or as files uploaded to the wiki or elsewhere is also available
- 2010-08-27: Paper on the alignement to DUL submitted (and later accepted) at SSN2010: The Stimulus-Sensor-Observation Ontology Design Pattern and its Integration into the Semantic Sensor Network Ontology - Corresponds to a work in progress version of the aligned ontology which is also documented in the Foundational Layer wiki page.
- 2010-07-20: Decision to align the SSN ontology with DOLCE Ultra Lite and background material
- 2010-06-02: Refined SSN ontology scope to focus on sensor-specific aspects like Measuring capabilities, Deployment and System, Operating restrictions
- 2010-05-06: Presentation by Simon Cox at EGU2010: An Ontology for Sensor Networks (abstract and slides). Corresponds to the non-aligned version of the SSN ontology.
- 2010-02-16 -- Presentation by Krzysztof Janowicz: Aligning the SSN-XG Sensor Ontology to DOLCE
- 2009-12-02: Post-F2F version of the SSN ontology known as SensorBasis.owl
- 2009-10-24: Face-to-face Meeting in Washington
- 2009-08-26 Started working on the SSN ontology, using the CSIRO Sensor ontology as the starting point
- 2009-07-01 -- Summary of discussions on reviewed ontologies (pdf, 6.8Mb)
- 2009-04-08: First of the group's weekly teleconfs
- 2009-03-04: The SSN XG begins activities with this charter
The Process we agreed on to develop the ontology.
Changes are made by logging with the issue tracker, voting at meetings, then action by the editor (Michael)
We also tried Collaborative protege for collaborative editing of the ontology. Collaborative protege can be used through a web interface webprotege or by connecting from protege client. Here are instructions how to use the tool.