SSN XG outreach activities 2011
Kerry Taylor, Semantic Sensor Networks: The W3C SSN-XG Ontology and How to Semantically Enable Real Time Sensor Feeds, 2011 Semantic Technology Conference, June 5-9, San Francisco CA, USA.
SSN XG outreach activities 2010
Presser, M. (presenter) and Barnaghi, P. Real World Internet, Smart City and Linked Data, Linked Data in the Future Internet at the Future Internet Assembly, Ghent, Belgium, 16 Dec 2010.
Sheth, A. Spatial semantics for better interoperability and analysis:Challenges and experiences in building semantically rich applications in Web 3.0 Keynote at the 3rd Annual Spatial Ontology Community of Practice USGS, Reston VA, USA, 3 Dec 2010 (Technology 2: Semantic Sensor Web and technology 4: Linked Sensor Data)
Lefort, L. The Semantic Sensor Web and Provenance, OGC Sydney TC Meeting , Sydney, 29 Nov 2010 (access restricted to OGC members).
Lefort, L. Consistently Linking Data with the SSN Ontology Semantic Enablement or Disruption? OGC Sydney TC Meeting , Sydney, 30 Nov 2010 (access restricted to OGC members).
Barnaghi, P. (presenter), Compton, M., Neuhaus, H., Bermudez, L. and Cox, S. An Ontology for Sensor Networks, W3C Semantic Sensor Networks Incubator Group, invited talk, Workshop on Context-awareness in Smart Environments, Florence, Italy, June 2010 presentation of the SN XG ~ to EGU talk
Compton, M., Neuhaus, H., Bermudez, L. and Cox, S. (presenter) An Ontology for Sensor Networks, Geophysical Research Abstracts Vol. 12, EGU2010-3817-1, 2010 EGU General Assembly 2010 (abstract and slides) Presented at the European Geosciences Union General Assembly in the Semantics and meta-information session, 6 May 2010
Taylor, K. Semantics and Sensors Web Directions South 2009 (October 2009)
Bermudez, L. W3C Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group] OGC TC Meeting 2009-06-24, Cambridge, MA
The 3rd International workshop on Semantic Sensor Networks 2010
Janowicz, K. and Compton, M. (2010): The Stimulus-Sensor-Observation Ontology Design Pattern and its Integration into the Semantic Sensor Network Ontology. In Kerry Taylor, Arun Ayyagari, David De Roure (Eds.): The 3rd International workshop on Semantic Sensor Networks 2010 (SSN10) in conjunction with the 9th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2010), 7-11 November 2010, Shanghai,China. 2010.
Keßler, C and Janowicz, K. (2010) Linking Sensor Data - Why, to What, and How? In Kerry Taylor, Arun Ayyagari, David De Roure (Eds.): The 3rd International workshop on Semantic Sensor Networks 2010 (SSN10) in conjunction with the 9th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2010), 7-11 November 2010, Shanghai,China.
Barnaghi, P. and Presser, M. Publishing Linked Sensor Data In Kerry Taylor, Arun Ayyagari, David De Roure (Eds.): The 3rd International workshop on Semantic Sensor Networks 2010 (SSN10) in conjunction with the 9th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2010), 7-11 November 2010, Shanghai,China. 2010.
Leggieri, M., Passant, A. and Hauswirth, M. A Contextualised Cognitive Perspective for Linked Sensor Data - Short paper In Kerry Taylor, Arun Ayyagari, David De Roure (Eds.): The 3rd International workshop on Semantic Sensor Networks 2010 (SSN10) in conjunction with the 9th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2010), 7-11 November 2010, Shanghai,China. 2010.
Le-Phuoc, D., Parreira, J. X. , Hausenblas, M., Han, Y. and Hauswirth, M. 2010. Live linked open sensor database. In Proceedings of the 6th international Conference on Semantic Systems (Graz, Austria, September 01 - 03, 2010). A. Paschke, N. Henze, and T. Pellegrini, Eds. I-SEMANTICS '10. Congrats for winning the open track of the Triplification Challenge :-)
Semantic Web Journal
- Corcho, O. and Garcia-Castro, R. Five Challenges for the Semantic Sensor Web Semantic Web Journal (publication pending)
Transactions in GIS Journal 2010
- Janowicz, K., Schade, S., Bröring, A., Keßler, C., Maue, P. and Stasch, C. (2010): Semantic Enablement for Spatial Data Infrastructures. Transactions in GIS 14(2), Blackwell Publishing, pp. 111-129.
ESWC 2010 2nd Workshop on Trust and Privacy on the Social and Semantic Web
- Patni, H., Sahoo, S. S., Henson, C. and Sheth A. Provenance Aware Linked Sensor Data ESWC 2010, 2nd Workshop on Trust and Privacy on the Social and Semantic Web
- Scheider, S.; Probst, F.; Janowicz, K.: Constructing Bodies and their Qualities from Observations. In A. Galton and R. Mizoguchi editors, Formal Ontology in Information Systems. Proc. of the Sixth International Conference (FOIS 2010). pp. 69 - 87. IOS Press, Amsterdam, 2010.
CTS'2010 SWE 2010
- Patni, H., Henson, C. and Sheth, A. Linked Sensor Data CTS'2010 (SWE 2010)
- Devaraju, A., Neuhaus, H., Janowicz, K., and Compton, M. (2010): Combining Process and Sensor Ontologies to Support Geo-Sensor Data Retrieval. 6th International Conference on Geographic Information Science (GIScience 2010), Zurich, CH 14-17th September, 2010.
- Janowicz, K., Arne Broering, Christoph Stasch and Thomas Everding (2010): Towards Meaningful URIs for Linked Sensor Data. Towards Digital Earth: Search, Discover and Share Geospatial Data, Workshop at Future Internet Symposium, September 20th, 2010, Berlin, Germany.
- Neuhaus, H. and Compton, M. The Semantic Sensor Network Ontology: A Generic Language to Describe Sensor Assets, AGILE 2009 Pre-Conference Workshop Challenges in Geospatial Data Harmonisation, 02 June 2009, Hannover, Germany
- Stasch, C., Janowicz, K., Bröring, A, Reis, I. and Kuhn, W. (2009): [A Stimulus-Centric Algebraic Approach to Sensors and Observations]. 3rd International Conference on Geosensor Networks, July 13-14, Oxford, United Kingdom. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer.
- Bröring, A., Janowicz, K., Stasch, C., and Kuhn, W. (2009): Semantic Challenges for Sensor Plug and Play. Web and Wireless Geographical Information Systems, 9th International Symposium, W2GIS 2009, Maynooth, Ireland, December 7-8,2009. Proceedings, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (5886), Springer, pp. 72-86.
- SSN09 International Workshop on Semantic Sensor Networks 2009 CEUR-WS Vol. 552
Part 1: Full Papers
- Danh Le-Phuoc and Manfred Hauswirth, Linked Open Data in Sensor Data Mashups, pp 1-16
- Michael Compton, Cory Henson, Holger Neuhaus, Laurent Lefort and Amit Sheth, A Survey of the Semantic Specification of Sensors pp 17-32
- Michael Compton, Holger Neuhaus, Kerry Taylor and Khoi-Nguyen Tran, Reasoning about Sensors and Compositions pp 33-48
- Kevin Page, David De Roure, Kirk Martinez, Jason Sadler and Oles Kit, Linked Sensor Data: RESTfully serving RDF and GML pp 49-63
- Mark Cameron, Jemma Wu, Kerry Taylor, David Ratcliffe, Geoffrey Squire and John Colton, Semantic Solutions for Integration of Federated Ocean Observations pp 64-79
- Alejandro Rodríguez, Robert McGrath, Yong Liu and James Myers, Semantic Management of Streaming Data pp 80-95
Part 2: Short Papers
- David Bell, Bahareh Rahmanzadeh Heravi and Mark Lycett, Sensory Semantic User Interfaces (SenSUI): Position Paper pp 96-109
- Aekyung Moon, Yoo-mi Park and Sang-gi Kim, Short Paper: Situation-Awareness Model for Higher Order Network Knowledge Management Platform pp 110-121
- Juan Sequeda, Oscar Corcho and Asunción Gómez-Pérez Generating Data Wrapping Ontologies from Sensor Networks: A Case Study (Short Paper), pp 122-134
- Marta Sabou, Julia Kantorovitch, Andriy Nikolov, Andrew Tokmakoff, Xiaoming Zhou and Enrico Motta, Position Paper on Realizing Smart Products: Challenges for Semantic Web Technologies pp 135-147
- Juan Sequeda and Oscar Corcho, Linked Stream Data: A Position Paper, pp 148-157
- Laurent Lefort Review of semantic enablement techniques used in geospatial and semantic standards for legacy and opportunistic mashups In Proc. of the 5th Australian Ontology Workshop (AOW 2009).
Related talks 2009 - 2010
The presentations made during the XG teleconferences are listed in the Meetings page
- Martinez, K. Sensor networks and the semantic web Joint UrbanFlood & SSG4Env Workshop, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 11-12 Nov 2010
- Barnaghi, P. SENSEI: An Architecture for the Real World Internet Keynote Speech, First International Workshop on Semantic Interoperability for Smart Spaces (SISS 2010), Riccione, Italy, June 2010. Presentation of the SENSEI project which also introduces what is done by the SN XG
- Lefort, L. Semantically-enabled Standard Development Invited talk, Metadata Australia 2010, 27 May 2010
- Sheth, A., Wright State University - Dayton Semantics enhanced Data, Social and Sensor Webs
- Corcho, O., Univ. Politec. de Madrid Enabling Ontology-based Access to Streaming Data Sources
- Manfred Hauswirth , National University of Ireland - Galway Virtual Presence + Real Presence = Semantic Presence
- Henson, C., Wright State University - Dayton Sensor Data and Perception
Marine Metadata Interoperability:
- Bermudez, L. The Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI), Semantic Prototype as Implemented by MMI | Architecture Graphic ICAN4
- Rueda, C., Bermudez, L. and Graybeal, J. The MMI Ontology Registry and Repository OGC Geosemantics WG – December 7, 2009 points to work on a SensorML generator (User Interface to create a SensorML descriptor]
- Neuhaus, H. and Compton, M. The Semantic Sensor Network Ontology A Generic Language to Describe Sensor Assets Agile 2009